1,082 reviews
  1. Stanford, CA
  2. 4 Year

Stanford University Reviews

1,082 reviews
I have grown up loving and supporting Stanford University. Both my parents are alumni and I was born in the Stanford Medical Center. Ever since I was little I have been amazed at the campus and atmosphere of Stanford. The welcoming community and supportive staff are integral to the feeling of family at the university.
In Stanford, collaboration comes before competition. Once you have proved worthy of being in Stanford, it is not about what grades you receive and how you are better than someone else purely in academics, but about how you reach out for different experiences, how you enrich yourself with multi-disciplinary research activities, how you participate in year round activities on campus and help each other out in academics. It isn't how much you know, it is how well you use what you know. It doesn't matter what field you are in, Stanford will give you the holistic experience of studying in a University that no one else can. Don't be afraid to apply, I was very afraid, but I took the leap and here I am.
I loved my four years at Stanford. I got to be in class with people from across the University. Stanford does a great job of creating ways for people to learn in interdisciplinary ways, which I found extremely valuable.
Weather is fantastic most of the time. The campus is so huge its impossible not to exercise (bike is a must have just to get from class to class). The recent alcohol policy has done little to change campus culture.
Stanford has wonderful professors, a wide variety of challenging courses, and a stunningly beautiful campus. It is extremely expensive but thus far, I have always received sizeable aid.
The professors are super interesting and the students are so welcoming and friendly. The campus is beautiful, but it can be a bit overwhelming. What needs to change though, is the university's silence in the growing number of sexual assault cases.
I've really enjoyed Stanford so far.
Academics are certainly challenging, but rewarding, and students usually aren't excessively stressed about grades.
Professors are, for the most part, incredibly knowledgeable and care about students, but there are some (particularly those teaching intro classes) who could use some improvement.
The local area can be a bit expensive and far away (especially without a car).
Currently, the administration is facing a lot of criticism about the school's handling of sexual assault. It's not the best situation, but a lot of the criticism also comes from Stanford's own professors and students, so I do still feel relatively safe and supported on campus.
The Stanford campus is beautiful and is filled with many amazing people and opportunities. My sister attends and loves her professors.
As a Latinx student at a predominantly liberal school, I have friends and communities available to me that provide a bubble of like-minded people. This bubble is a blessing and a curse. I enjoy knowing I can rely on a vast amount of people for support at any time, but I yearn to actually address what divides American communities in the first place. After having a class about war and being taught by a funny, easy-going, conservative professor, I realized the university as a whole could benefit from promoting more conversation and dialogue that can help with America's ideological divide. I attend one of the country's greatest universities, and believe we could do more to move the country forward.
Stanford offers an overwhelming (in a good way) number of opportunities for internships, doing research with professors, ways to get involved in student government, activism, and clubs, and ways to meet people.
Stanford is my home. I love the intellectual environment here. I feel close to so many of my peers, and it's going to be hard to leave.
Truly an amazing school, Stanford has an incredible faculty that is completely accessible to students and offers unparalleled opportunities in extracurricular activities and academics alike.
It was a great experience with lots of opportunity. My greatest memories are from here. If I could change one thing, it'd be the increased diversity of the student populations.
Great experience. Lives up to the hype.
Greek life contributes to the party scene on campus and gives students options for social life but isn't the only option for social activity on campus. Greek life isn't too cliquey or exclusive.
Stanford has some of the best facilities and teams in the country.
Great school! Professors care about their students and classes are challenging but interesting. Pretty much any organization you would want on campus and easy to start a new one if it does not currently exist.
Stanford has some pretty awesome parties year round - the perfect weather doesn't hurt.
Student parties are a ton of fun but so are the Stanford sponsored events - there's something for everyone.
Stanford is first and foremost a world class academic institution that opens all sorts of doors and has world class professors at every position.