Stanford University Reviews

1,112 reviews
The application process was easy to understand. The campus is beautiful, and they even provided a travel scholarship for me to fly to visit the campus.
I haven't been to Stanford but I love the Location (California) which is my hometown and I just love the professors and the academics in the school because they fit my career goals (Orthopedic surgeon).
Generally a great place to go to school, very easy to connect with faculty. Students are generally happy, and when they are not, there is ample discussion about the importance of mental health and of taking care of the self.
Start Your Review of Stanford University
I liked how the campus has a children's hospital or a hospital in general. It shows how the university is very prevalent in ensuring the medical bound students their success by putting them in the medical environment.
Stanford is a private school that costs a lot to attend. But it comes with smaller classes, good professors, and a good overall feel of the school.
Excellent area to visit and hear about their history. Facility, especially aquatics, is amazing and can be hosted for many professional events.
I will always love Stanford for the memories and the people I have met. Stanford, in many ways, is amazing--sunny all the time and a campus out of a magazine. What's special about attending an "elite" institution is the number of opportunities available--funding for projects, opportunities to travel for free, opportunities for publication, opportunities to work with leaders in your field and more. If you're looking for opportunity, you will find it at Stanford. What sucks about Stanford is probably what sucks at any other private institution in the country: change is slow, it seems like administrators don't care what students think or want, the financial aid department can ruin your day, there are a ton entitled white, rich kids here who pretend like they're not entitled, white rich kids. STEM will always have more opportunities than other fields; the influence of Silicon valley is prevalent.
I frequented Stanford University's campus in Palo Alto, CA since close familial acquaintances attended Stanford. Additionally, as I attended elementary and middle school in PAUSD, I have taken various summer program and participated in activities held at Stanford. From my experiences, Stanford is a warm, welcoming school with a beautiful campus and considerate student body.
Amazing. If given the chance, choose this school. The amount of activities and liveliness of the university provided a relaxing sensation despite having to work intensely and be challenged by classes. The classes themselves are also rather intense, and you do need to seek out assistance, and there are plenty of resources available for such.
I love the atmosphere around campus! You meet someone inspiring every day with an incredible story to share.
It is a waste of time. I totally got no support and even if you asked you won't find any. Because English is not my first language and am not a nerd, some Professors do not respect me. I mean am living my life and I like to not act cleaver, so why the hate. And another complain is that many people do not respect your race. Due to the fact I am not Asian, everybody look at me like I am a useless piece of crab.
I am a current freshman and love this place. The people are all so friendly and everyone genuinely wants you to fit in and love the Farm.
The overall experience at stanford is great, few things that I would like to recommend for a change are housing and campaigning food
Stanford University is a very lovely college. I went on a visit and they were very attentive and they got interested in what I wanted to do someday and they told me everything I could do with it there and what buildings I would go to. They paved out everything I could want to know and made everything so simple to understand. They had amazing facilities and everyone was so welcoming. They try very hard at everything they do. It would be a great place to go for an aspiring athlete or scholar.
It is truly a great experience ! best university in the world , you will have great opportunities and friends.
Overall fun and good time. Lots of work. Good for most people. Freshman year was amazing. Sophomore year is time to buckle down and grind like most places.
Stanford is a beautiful, welcoming place where everyone is welcome! There is an overwhelming sense of community to be found by anyone from any background, and academics are challenging and prepare you for anything you may want to pursue after college. The atmosphere and school spirit are always lively, and it's an overall great place to be.
Start Your Review of Stanford University
When I toured the Stanford Campus I fell in love with the accepting and kind student body, as well as the learning culture an environment present at this prestigious academy. My guide was very accommodating and encouraged us to ask all of our questions.
I love Stanford! The student atmosphere lives up to collaborative hype, the weather is beautiful, and all the classes are taught by professors that have a true passion for the subject.
Stanford is a great school because it has a lot of resources and connections. I don't think the academics are harder than any other university, but I think they do a great job in selecting students who have a passion for discovery, creation, and innovation. The experience of being able to learn, grow, and collaborate with these people is the greatest blessing.