St. Olaf College Reviews

Pretty campus, food is great, professors are typically very helpful and friendly (with a few exceptions), local area is good if you like cute small towns, and house parties pretty much every weekend that sometimes have live bands (usually fun but sometimes iffy depending on the weekend). Only a couple of sports teams are known to be good, like ultimate frisbee and cross country and soccer but some others like basketball are starting to get better. Definitely has issues with diversity but there is an active group of student leaders/protesters pushing for change.
St.Olaf is a prestigious liberal arts institution that really gives their students a sense of purpose in exploring their soon to be attributes and goals in their perspective careers and in life. This also accounts for its phenomenal environment of academia and opportunity.
St. Olaf is a wonderful school with a lot of great people. The people are generally nice and helpful and the school has some great teachers. The advisors as well as faculty and administrators are always there for you when you need it. The students are very different as they come from a lot of places in the United States as well as international students. It also has a very good musical program.
Start Your Review of St. Olaf College
St. Olaf is a great liberal arts institutions where students are guaranteed one-on-one professor interactions and the opportunity to excel in their fields. The campus is beautiful and the musical experiences exist in many different forms. You truly get to become familiar with the other students here.
The social scene is very underdeveloped, and there aren't many campus sponsored events or activities for students.
Community based college where students are accepting and friendly! Professors are super easy to talk to and invite students into their office hours all the time and are very helpful.
St. Olaf feels like home. All students live on campus so you form life-long friends. I was challenged academically and feel prepared as I enter medical school.
St. Olaf was an excellent institution in terms of education and preparing students for the real world. Although you are up on the hill and separate from the real world, faculty and staff do an amazing job of challenging students' ideas and encouraging them to rise to the occasion.
I am really enjoying my time at St Olaf. Although there is not much to do outside of schoolwork, but there is always a possibility to go to Minneapolis/St Paul.
St. Olaf College provides students with an environment that bolsters a sense of community and drive to learn. If you are looking for a school that will be a phenomenal education experience this college will not disappoint. The social atmosphere of the campus is very hit or miss depending on your idea of fun.
Attending St. Olaf was the best decision of my life. At first I thought the size and remoteness of St. Olaf was something to be wary about but, I came to realize that they made Olaf special. I met some of the best teachers in my life and was able to interact with them on a personal level.
St. Olaf offers a very close-knit community with plenty of things to do on the Hill. The cities are easily accessible and the classes and professors are phenomenal.
I would say my experience at St. Olaf has been a bit different than most of my peers. I come from the city, the actual city. And it's been hard adapting to people who come from such homogeneous places. Now I wouldn't necessarily say it's a bad thing but trying to experience a school that prides itself on open mindedness and acceptance of all people becomes a bit blurry when so many have never known nor cared how the poorer half, have experienced life. As a gay man, I do feel more than welcomed by my peers and faculty. I must say, there are some pretty incredible people at this institution that have impacted the way I value personal relationships and my incredible privilege to be given the right to such an education. There are parts of St. Olaf I like. Such as the beautiful campus, eclectic professors and teaching methods, and the feeling of belonging. St. Olaf is a world class place for academics. Despite its many flaws, the education you receive here is definitely worth your money.
The best part about St. Olaf is the people. Students here are very friendly. Whenever I pass by someone, I guarantee you that if you smile at them, they'll smile back 9 out of 10 times. Student body seems small but it is actually a perfect size for you to see people you know a couple of times each day but still have the potential to meet new people for four years. All my professors know my name and they are very eager to help you if you visit office hours.
As a St. Olaf student, I feel like there are so many opportunities I have access to. Whether it's research or internships or pursuits fo further education, proactive St. Olaf students have many resources they can take advantage of. The curriculum is tough no matter what department you take courses in. Professors have extremely high expectations for their students, however they do everything in their power to build your way to those high expectations. It can be difficult to find a study/social life balance. If you cannot develop strong study habits, classes will be a struggle. There are a ton of resources available to students who haven't established study habits and professors are happy to work with students. The open-door policy is an awesome thing to take advantage of. There can be a sense of a competitive atmosphere, but usually there is a stronger sense of community and camaraderie between students because everyone is facing many of the same challenges in an academic sense.
I love going to school here! Academics and music are great, the food is awesome and the campus is beautiful.
St. Olaf has a great community and is an amazing overall school. Brand new academic buildings, nationally ranked proffesors, and amazing food.
Start Your Review of St. Olaf College
St. Olaf is such an inclusive campus and it has a place for everyone. It seems as though students, faculty, and staff here are very nice all the time (to me, this is a major factor) and they are also very welcoming of new students as well. There is always someone to help you with literally anything. The food is amazing. The facility on campus is modern and up-to-date. It is also a very diverse campus to live in.
Overall, it is a great place to spend your small, liberal arts college experience.
The environment here is great: nice clean sidewalks, fresh air, beautiful green scenery, prairies and forest paths, etc. The professors here are in general pretty welcoming and friendly. There is a pretty strong sense of community because you will not feel awkward when asking anyone for help on anything, and people are willing and want to help. The only downside is that the food really isn't as great as I expected.
St. Olaf boasts rigorous academics and truly excellent professors who are invested in their students and teaching.