St. Olaf College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.44 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.49 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.49 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.39 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.70 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.29 responses
St. Olaf College Reviews
Pretty campus, food is great, professors are typically very helpful and friendly (with a few exceptions), local area is good if you like cute small towns, and house parties pretty much every weekend that sometimes have live bands (usually fun but sometimes iffy depending on the weekend). Only a couple of sports teams are known to be good, like ultimate frisbee and cross country and soccer but some others like basketball are starting to get better. Definitely has issues with diversity but there is an active group of student leaders/protesters pushing for change.
As a St. Olaf student, I feel like there are so many opportunities I have access to. Whether it's research or internships or pursuits fo further education, proactive St. Olaf students have many resources they can take advantage of. The curriculum is tough no matter what department you take courses in. Professors have extremely high expectations for their students, however they do everything in their power to build your way to those high expectations. It can be difficult to find a study/social life balance. If you cannot develop strong study habits, classes will be a struggle. There are a ton of resources available to students who haven't established study habits and professors are happy to work with students. The open-door policy is an awesome thing to take advantage of. There can be a sense of a competitive atmosphere, but usually there is a stronger sense of community and camaraderie between students because everyone is facing many of the same challenges in an academic sense.
St. Olaf College is the perfect fit for anyone in any field of interest who also wants an amazing liberal arts education. With a small, family-like campus, it seems everyone here loves St. Olaf with a passion! The food is ranked among the best in the US, and that barely compares to the college's superior quality of education. The faculty and professors are all extremely qualified in their fields and are all very helpful in making sure everyone has a successful education.