St. Mary's University - Texas Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.57 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.58 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.58 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.74 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.81 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.34 responses
St. Mary's University - Texas Reviews
St. Mary's University delivers a diverse, loving, small-town atmosphere. The professors truly care about you and are more than willing to work one-on-one whenever you need. Also, the housing on campus is phenomenal. There are 2 nearly brand new living areas and the amenities associated with these are incredible! It is easy to feel comfortable and cared for because everyone is extremely friendly and approachable. Go Rattlers!
I am a biology major and commuter student at St. Mary's University. I have just completed my freshman year. StMU has helped me strongly in the realm of academics. The professors are incredibly understanding and approachable, and the advisers are very understanding. The overall academic life at StMU is what gives the university their reputation. Officer hours, and free tutoring provides students with the resources they need to be successful in any course. Regarding other aspects of student life, the campus is very lacking in diversity appears to favor local student, many of which are from similar backgrounds, and opportunities to connect on campus are lacking.
St. Mary's is an expensive university, but financial aid opportunities are numerous, and their financial aid office is very helpful and understanding. Professors are personable and sincerely invested in student success. Academic advisors encourage involvement in student organizations, which are diverse and welcoming to new members. Overall, the campus community is kind and high-spirited. St. Mary's is a great place to start an academic journey or transfer!