St. Mary's is an above-average private, Catholic university located in San Antonio, Texas. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 2,189 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the St. Mary's acceptance rate is 78%. Popular majors include Biology, Kinesiology and Exercise Science, and Psychology. Graduating 59% of students, St. Mary's alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $34,500.
St. Mary's University - Texas Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Rates starting at 4.25% APR + 1% Cash Back
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.57 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.59 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.59 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.75 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.82 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.34 responses
Colleges like St. Mary's University - Texas
- B+Saint Edward's University
- 4 Year
- Austin, TX
- 1,132 reviews
- B-Our Lady of the Lake University
- 4 Year
- San Antonio, TX
- 705 reviews
- B+University of St. Thomas - Texas
- 4 Year
- Houston, TX
- 599 reviews
- BUniversity of Science & Arts of Oklahoma
- 4 Year
- Chickasha, OK
- 179 reviews
St. Mary's University - Texas Reviews
I love St. Mary's University! The quality of education is very valuable. The professors are great educators and I love how they always try to keep the students involved in extracurricular activities. One of my favorite things that St. Mary's does is the hands on training that is needed to go out with experience. As an music education major, this is crucial for me because I need to observe how other professors teach the class and obtain experience. Although St. Mary's University gives you good quality education, it is very expensive.
St. Mary's University is a great school! This school is small/medium sized, but very friendly. All my professors are very helpful and care about the students, along with their future plans. The university has many connections to help students find jobs and/or internships.
St. Mary's University delivers a diverse, loving, small-town atmosphere. The professors truly care about you and are more than willing to work one-on-one whenever you need. Also, the housing on campus is phenomenal. There are 2 nearly brand new living areas and the amenities associated with these are incredible! It is easy to feel comfortable and cared for because everyone is extremely friendly and approachable. Go Rattlers!