High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.34 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.35 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.35 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.35 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.58 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.22 responses
St. Mary's College of Maryland Reviews
The campus is amazing. Nothing beats a close-knit community right on the water! Every school I visited, I continuously thought to myself "this is great... but it's not St. Mary's." Everything is perfect about St. Mary's. The small class sizes, the dedicated teachers, and it's the most affordable waterfront place you can find! The only red flag I see from St. Mary's is the limited majors. Lucky for me, I am studying to be a teacher in the St. Mary's five year teaching program. However, not everyone can be so lucky. The educational side to St. Mary's may not be for everyone, but the campus is to die for!
I love the small feel of the campus. There is a lack of an overwhelming feeling when I step into my classes due to their smaller class sizes, which is a bonus for me. The professors are incredibly helpful and understanding, and I have found all of my classes thus far to be incredibly helpful. It also helps that the campus is quite beautiful, especially the sunsets over the St. Mary's River!
Hidden gem of a school! Rigorous academics that challenge you in the best of ways. Students are special and there is a really unique sense of community here where everyone is essentially a big family. It is in a rural area though, so if bonfires, a beautiful river, and gorgeous nature are up your alley then this is the school for you!