COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Due to COVID-19, guidelines have been established to help keep our community and each other safe. Sessions and tours will be limited to only one or two families at a time and will be scheduled by appointment only. We look forward to hosting students enrolling at later dates when we are allowed to have larger groups. Learn More
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeB
As Maryland’s public honors college, St. Mary’s offers an undergraduate liberal arts education and small-college experience like those found at exceptional private colleges. St. Mary’s shares the hallmarks of private institutions: an outstanding faculty, talented students, high academic standards, a challenging curriculum, small classes, a sense of community, and a spirit of intellectual inquiry. But as a state institution of higher education, St. Mary’s is also committed to the ideals of affordability, accessibility, and diversity. By combining these virtues of public and private education, St. Mary’s provides a unique alternative for students and their families.
St. Mary’s is named for the place it marks: the 17th-century capital of Maryland. The spectacular waterfront setting is in the heart of the Chesapeake Bay region. The campus is 75 miles southeast of Washington, D.C. and 97 miles south of Baltimore.
St. Mary's College of Maryland Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.34 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.43 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.43 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.43 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.66 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.22 responses