St. Louis Community College - Meramec Reviews

My experience in St. Louis community college is very good. All the professor that I had was very good at teaching strategies and they are very welcomed to help the students who need help out side of the class room. Also, they have a good tutor for the students. Overall, I like my freshman year in St. Louis community college.
St. Louis Community College has an excellent graphic design program and those within are quite skilled and know what they’re talking about. I have found few unpleasant professors. Unfortunately staff in advising and financial aid are often unreliable, though that has nothing to do with learning it does indeed affect my overall experience.
I spent some time at Meramec during the summer months. The school is very affordable and is an excellent place to pick up some credits over the summer. They even offer some three-week classes, which is extremely convenient. However, I wouldn't want to go there full time. There isn't really a social scene. I felt no connection to anyone else on campus. The facilities are clean and well taken care of, but very old. Some of the lecture halls really need to be redone.
Start Your Review of St. Louis Community College - Meramec
Nice and quiet campus and friendly staff but not much going on socially. Really good for students looking to get some credits out of the way but not the easiest place to make friends.
I liked the student body and how everyone looked out for one another. I think that the staff could improve. They always make it seem like it’s not their job to help and that the student is being annoying for asking for help.
So far Meramec has been a wonderful school, all of the professors are understanding and its a nice campus. I am taking some online classes and I have never felt so in touch with my professor. They are really easy top get in contact with and are there to help whenever you need it. I just currently started at Meramec and I have really enjoyed it so far. It is in a great location and close to home and it is affordable compared to most colleges.
I enrolled in an online class. The Instructor did not respond to emails. He then promised to help me get a tutor and did not follow through. The 1st exam was scheduI enrolled in an online class. The Instructor did not respond to emails. He then promised to help me get a tutor and did not follow through. The 1st exam was scheduled for the day AFTER the deadline for a 50% tuition refund. I had to drop the class. I contacted Administration and got nowhere. The Dean was flippant and dismissive of my concerns. I know it's Community College but if you have ANY other options take it. I hear good things about St Charles Community College.led for the day AFTER the deadline for a 50% tuition refund. I had to drop the class. I contacted Administration and got nowhere. The Dean was flippant and dismissive of my concerns. I know it's Community College but if you have ANY other options take it. I hear good things about St Charles Community College.
I enjoy all the open doors it offers! The important information that was told and given outside college, what the companies looks for in graphic designers and what you can improve on based on to be successful. The teachers are quite successful outside the classes. Not very diverse depending on your major.
I am blown away by the level of knowledge of the faculty here. I've wondered why aren't they teachers at Ivy League schools?; they are that good. I would highly recommend this school. However, admission rates are low for some reason and the entire school system has made some cut backs. Thank the governor for that one!
I was in the Graphic Communications program. It was way more than I expected for a community college. Excellent program, excellent teachers who care and want to see you succeed.
I would have to say that St. Louis Community College, Meramec specifically, serves as an excellent stepping stone for anyone wanting to eventually move on to a four year university down the road. As an Engineering major, I had access to tutors with professional experience available Monday through Friday; as well as professors who put their heart and expertise into their lectures on a regular basis. I promise that you will get a lot out of your time here, as long as you're willing to put in the work.
I have enjoyed my time at St. Louis Community College- Meramec so far. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have so many on campus resources; Counseling, Advising, Brown Bag Cafe (if you're low on money, forgot you lunch, etc you can go there and they have food they can give you which I think is AMAZING for the students who need it), Lots of clubs. It's a very interactove campus and am loving it.
I've been coming to STLCC Meramec since 2015 working towards figuring out what I want to do for the rest of my life. I've had complications here and their with financial aid and registration BUT everyone is super helpful and understanding even when it can be frustrating.
Challenging classes, great professors, friendly environment, prep for 4 years university, very diverse. Countless of interesting classes are being offered. 90% of the classes are transferable and still in the plan for 4 years degree. Professors offered personal time to help each students.
St. Louis Community College - Meramec is a pretty good school overall. It doesn't have dorms or student housing, and since it's a commuter campus, there isn't much of a party scene. The campus is very safe and there are plenty of extracurriculars for people to sign up for, although sports and intramurals are kind of lacking. The academic are better than I expected, which is good, and professors will tell you everything you need to be successful.
St Louis Community College has great professors. I've learned a lot from them. The administrative side of the school isn't the best though. You have to work hard to find out what you need to do and what will transfer, they don't make it easy for you. Do your own research on requirements at different schools, and talk to THAT schools counselors about degree requirements.
The selection of classes is good and registration is so easy! You can even attend classes the first week and then drop with a full refund if it doesn't work out. This is great if you aren't sure about a class.
Start Your Review of St. Louis Community College - Meramec
For me, Meramec has been a good place to transition from high school to college. It has a very diverse atmosphere which adds to the learning experience. As far as guidance though, I don't feel like I've received much. The school is facing a budget crisis, so teachers and resources are being cut.
For me, Meramec was a comfortable transition from High School to College. It saved me a ton of cash, and I met some really great professors, whom I keep in touch with. They have helped me move on to a University and have better prepared me for the real world.
Meramec is a great school because of its cheap tuition, also it has great diversity. It is pretty small because it is a community college, but has great qualities, and offers a lot a verity in is classes. The teachers really care about getting you to succeed, they will take extra time that they don't have to, to help you get the grades that you need to succeed. The teachers here don't just want you to do homework just for the heck of it, they really think that this material can really help you succeed.