Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.180 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.189 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.188 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management113 Graduates
Sport and Fitness Management113 Graduates
Physician Assistant106 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration105 Graduates
Legal Studies102 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 129 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.232 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.274 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 130 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.131 responses
St. John's University - New York Reviews
Aside from its numerous Division 1 athletic teams and gorgeous campus attractions, SJU has an extensive umbrella of support systems and student life opportunities for its Johnnies. There truly is a group for everyone. Students are well taken care of, and the University holds its name in high regard with good reason. Looking for a party? Don't let the Catholic mission fool you. St. John's has as many opportunities to balance social life and academia inside and outside of her walls. Indulge in free fairs, activities, games, amusements, food, and refreshments. Academia in SJU is guided by deans and advisors of your choosing in your given college but remember, like in any college and a lesson to hold throughout your years: fight for what you want!
Im a freshman and I absolutely love this school! The campus is big, but the buildings are beautiful and have everything you need. Theres a lot of events and free stuff they give out. The food spots are amazing for whenever you need lunch, a snack or anything. The campus is diverse with all races and everyone is welcoming and helpful. The class sizes are small, so its much easier to develop a relationship with your peers and professors. The school is lovely and I would recommend anyone to come here. The tuition is high, thats my only downside. Im studying education, to become a high school social studies teacher. Im hoping to win this so I can pay this semesters tuition because I do not want to transfer out of here. Its just such a great school, its always always welcoming like home.
St. John's University is a very diverse school, there are so many people from different cultures, religions, nationalities, backgrounds that you could meet. The small academic learning environment gives students the change to form connections with students and professors and learn in a easier way. The one campus activities allows students to get involved and helps students meet new people. St. John's athletics also allows students to become involved, there are so many different sport teams on campus, students have the opportunity to go to the games. There are also many different clubs you can join in order to become involved.