St. Johns River State College Reviews

I’ve attend this college since my senior year of high school. The campus staff is willing to help students reach their career goals. Provides all the help and sources we need. Free tutoring for people who struggling and provides computers to people who can’t afford them at home. They make it every way possible to helps students with their problems.
While my time at St Johns has been short, I believe it is a good school. This school provides the opportunity for students to attend from several counties, with campuses in Palatka, St Augustine, and Orange Park. Additionally some four year degrees are available. Many of the professors are knowledgeable and helpful. I would love to see the Palatka Campus grow into even more. The potential is there. St Johns River State College should grasp onto the doors and open opportunities to expand the degrees available. Many of the youth in our community leave the area due to seeking degrees that are not available at SJRState. This college is a great starting place and I hope they continue to expand. Show the students that you too are willing to conceive, believe, and achieve.
I transferred from another local college to be closer to home for nursing school and I am so glad I did. The schedule options were flexible for prerequisites and the advisors are great for academics and financial aid.
Start Your Review of St. Johns River State College
SJR has three different campuses with different campuses. I go to the St. Augustine campus. It's very lively there and the environment feels safe. My education is a fair price at SJR, making it easier to pay for classes. There is also a transferring program that can get you guaranteed into UNF if ever planning to go there.
Great small town feel. Low cost way to earn your AA. Lots of online options. Friendly staff who are knowledgeable and helpful.
Great college, I feel welcome here. Its my first time on college and I was feeling like a duck out of the pond, the staff help you go thru all the process. They want us the student to be successful.
I enjoy this school because the classes are smaller than at a university, allowing students the opportunity to have closer relationships with professors. The advisors are very helpful when one has questions about their degree credits. Because this is a state college, some of the functions aren't as "lively" as a university may be, but they are still fun to attend and it's still a great way to meet new people and learn about campus clubs and organizations.
Over the years I have seen St. Johns grow with the town. I remember 8 years ago it was a stepping stone for students. Now they are staying in the local area and earning degrees. Every time I need to call the school or have any questions the staff is always there to help and actually enjoy helping their students.
St. Johns is a very mediocre school and takes no effort to be apart of in a college. They dont care about your needs and only want but do give the students a feeling of home almost. Its a very small school or it feels like it, and the professors are either amazing or terrible.
It was all around a good experience. Most of the teachers where attentive, and the campus was small but serene.
Saint Johns is a great institution with professors and staff that aim to help you succeed! It has been a great stepping stone for me before I go to a larger university and I will cherish the memories I have made here forever! Go Vikings!
Overall it has been a good experience at SJR State. There have been 1 or 2 teachers that really had no business at a community college, but otherwise the instructors are very knowledgeable and relate well to the students.
Saint John's River State College (SJRC) is a fantastic institution. From the one semester I have attended SJRC I can see the huge impact it has had on the community. My courses (although not always racially diverse) offer perspective from parents, wounded vets, high school students, and many full-time students who are also employed full time. The vivacity of youth mixed with the experience of age creates truly unique conversations. Generally speaking, the professors are fantastic. They all care deeply about their subject matter and about the success of their students (I know firsthand). The only downside besides lack of diversity is the student life. Student social life is fairly limited, there are only about half a dozen clubs. To end it on a high note, the parking is AMAZING: there is ALWAYS a spot relatively close to every building.
‘‘Tis college is a nice, clean a very educational, this college takes pride in there education and being the best it can be. It is affordable and very helpful. The only reason I gave a 4 star is because you have to talk to several people to resolve a issue may one occur
St. John's is a great school. The professors are always willing to help both during class and their office hours. The tuition isn't that expensive if you qualify for financial aid or have other scholarships.
I am attending SJRState as a Transfer Freshmen and an Active Duty military member. The experience I've had so far has out preformed my expectations. The staff, professors and even other students are amazing and helpful. Although I attend at the Orange Park campus, not main campus, the campus, student life and actives are still above par!
I am a dual enrollment high school student, so all of the SJR classes I have taken and am taking are not on campus however I have visited the campus and in my opinion it's lovely and has a great staff. Their education program is good, not too heavy but still riveting. Overall it seems like a wonderful place to attend especially because the community it is located in is amazing. Online opportunities and resources are phenomenal.
Start Your Review of St. Johns River State College
St. Johns River State college is very organized and so very helpful in anything that you may need. They offer such an interested staff to walk you through the steps to get you where you want to be.
St. John's River State College was the first stepping stone in my path of life. St. John's River State College has made transitioning from high school to college a breeze. Faculty works diligently to solve all issues and help students out in every way possible.
Extremely affordable, and I don't think I'm missing out on any information I would have gotten from a 4-year university!
Staff and teachers are helpful and welcoming. I haven't had one bad experience from a professor or student.
Cafeteria has a good tasting small little restaurant.
There's a plenty of places inside outside to study all over campus.
There's also a free tutor lab, and you get around 200 free pages that you can print for class.