St. John Fisher College Reviews

An excellent choice in furthering my education. Great course and professors that want to help you. Excellent food, but no party scene at all
I'd like to see more money funneled into health resources. Sports get an insane amount of money and provide little entertainment value to the students.
SJFC isn't quite what I thought. There are more commuter students than I realized. Campus is a ghost town on the weekends. The students that are around are pretty just into watching their screens.
Start Your Review of St. John Fisher College
I owe my ability to be accepted into a graduate program to the professors and students at SJFC. Here I learned to think critically, objectively and found a true passion in the sciences. Fisher set me up academically to do well on graduate entrance exams and provided me with the tools to do research which allowed me to gain valuable bench top experience. Even though it is a small school, SJFC allowed me to stand above students from larger universities when applying to graduate programs.
I visited SJF because I was interested in their elementary education degree. The department was pretty small so I was concerned about lack of diversity and opportunity. I really wanted to live in New York though.
I have been working my watch through the nursing program at SJFC and so far has found it great! We are placed on different types of floors for our student nurse program and the teachers really help you in the learning process.
St. John Fisher offered a warm, welcoming environment to begin a college career at. Everyone you encounter on campus is friendly and helpful, and makes you feel like you belong here. Classroom sizes are small and help you to get the best out of your education, and there is always a new opportunity to get involved with on campus or in the community.
This college is great, I am a transfer student here and this is by far the best school I have ever attended. The food is great, they have a wide variety. The professors are great as well and anyone is able to be flexible in order to help you.
This is a very good college with great opportunities throughout the community and upon peers. The professors are very helpful and the different ways to become more involved with your major is vast.
I have been at St. John Fisher for a year now and I love the college. Not only is the food great here but we have a gorgeous campus that is easy to navigate and always very well kept. I have gotten along great with all my professors, many of which have introduced me to many people in the business world as well as teaching things they have learned while out in the field. While here I have been apart of 5 different clubs as well as two on campus jobs which I LOVE. The school has so many things to get involved in from a very diverse set of clubs to sports and people. I live on campus and have made amazing friends because of this decision. The only thing that I would think about changing is the parking problem and more classes. Its hard for the college to find more space because of the small space they have available to work around but I know they are working on it, which all the students appreciate.
Classes get better in the higher levels as do the professors. It's a small campus and not very diverse. It's a lovely four season location but housing is lacking creating a lot of commuter students. This takes away from the community atmosphere one expects in college.
I've realized I don't make a very good northerner during the winter. It's so cold you can't even sit near a window. I do like the small class sizes though there isn't a big variety. Professors have been great.
Fisher is an excellent choice for teacher preparation! The faculty and staff are exceptional. There are several opportunities to get involved on and off campus through athletics, clubs, community service, and field experiences. Tuition is costly, but the education you receive here is so worth every penny.
It's so cold here. Bitterly cold. You think it won't affect you too much but keep in mind that you walk everywhere. There's not a lot to do on weekends but everyone's pretty chill. It's okay for me.
I've been happy with my marketing program. What I've realized doesn't make me happy is the lack of diversity, it's non existent. There is so much to learn from different cultures and view points, it is essential to the college experience.
So far this has been a good choice for me. I struggled a bit the first year and they took action to get me back on track. I like this campus it is relatively small and easy to get around. The area has many close ammenities
For the program I am in, all the professors are so willing to help you. Every one is willing to go out of their way to make sure you understand that material.
Start Your Review of St. John Fisher College
This has been the best experience of my life. The professors are helpful, class sizes are small and student body is great. The campus life is fun and the food is good. Make sure that you go to the sporting events because the teams are good.
Fisher provides a great environment for not only academic growth, but personal growth as well. The class sizes are small and all the professors are always willing to provide extra help, clarification or support in their classes. It is a close-nit community and we truly mean it when we say we are a part of the Fisher Family because that is how we act, as a family.
I love it here. Everyone is kind, supportive and student involved. The professors are tough, but kind. They strive to make great students and to prepare them for the future. I wouldn't have liked to pick any other school than here. I wouldn't change anything one bit. Maybe just more activities and events.