St. John Fisher College Reviews

It is a smaller school which I appreciate as the class sizes are smaller. Additionally, if you have applied as a nursing major as a first time student, you are guaranteed a seat in the nursing program come junior year as long as you meet the requirements.
Transferred in from a southern school. You don't quite get that "Fisher Family" feeling if you're not from here. I knew it would lack the diversity of my previous campus but you can't imagine what that feels like until you're here. It's pretty much rich, local white kids.
I love this college. It is the perfect size for me, great area, many resources to help you. Everyone really cares about your success and that you do well. They have free tutoring services and many on campus opportunities to build your resume and interview skills to prepare you for the work force. They also have a great undergraduate research program which most schools do not have. If you like to have a sense of community, then this would be a great college for you. They have a great reputation for the science and business programs.
Start Your Review of St. John Fisher College
Fisher overall is a great school with great programs to be apart. The school works with its students and faculty by keeping everything up to date and simply making sure each student is comfortable while attending.
Food is great, a few academic programs are top notch such as nursing and pharmacy. Everything else is meh. Some good advisors, but also many terrible ones. The extra cost compared to SUNY schools doesn't get you much more in return. Certain faculty treat every student as if theyre rich, pompous, never had to work for anything even though students come from diverse backgrounds. Registrar , and other faculty can be less than helpful and treat everyone like their parents pay for everything and student doesnt have a voice of their own.
St. John Fisher college is an amazing atmosphere that I am glad to be apart of every day. Professors care about their students and try their hardest to make sure their students succeed. I am very happy with my decision to attend college at St. John Fisher and I would not want to attend anywhere else. The buildings on campus are amazing and they have a top 10 dining hall in the entire country. I could not be any happier going to school here.
Great school with amazing caring professors who truly care about your success. Staff is very knowledgeable about content and provide flexibility to assist their students if needed.
A small but not too small type of feel to it. The food is really good- especially in the Haffey Dining Hall as well as Fishbowl. All of the professors here are very knowledgeable in their respective field. A good amount of them take the time to reach out if they think you need help.
There is NOTHING that I don't love about Fisher. The professors were great, classes were great, facilities were beautiful and there really is a "fisher family" atmosphere. I would do anything to be able to go back!
The representatives are really nice and informing on all types of majors. The presentations felt warming at the open house and the science major tables really gave me a basis of courses I had to take for a biochemistry major.
Since the college is a small, private school, you can tell opportunities are limited, but there are still options for everyone to get involved in. The people can often be snobby or cliquey but just find those who suit your personality!
I love my college and the faculty. Everyone is very helpful and frendly but professional. I would definitetly recomment Saint John Fisher College.
I love it at St. John Fisher. I'm going into my third year for pre-med Biology and I just love it. The small classroom size allows you to really get to know professors and get the extra help you need.
St John Fisher is a beautiful campus! The staff is wonderful. If someone needs helps there are people that are really kind and always willing to help others out. They have great programs and the advisors always help students stay on track. A person never has to feel lost because there is always someone to guide you.
St John's is an awesome school for sciences, especially nursing. The thing would change is a more diverse student body. White upper middle class New Yorkers are the overwhelming majority.
One thing that is heavily stressed when attending St. John Fisher College is the feeling of family. Whether it be from a sports team, a major, or some high school friends that you happen to see on campus, there is a warm sense of community that is felt upon the campus. Everyone has a smiling face or is stressing out over the same test (although this sounds horrible, you can make some new friends or study buddies this way).

Something I would change, however, would be the parking on campus. The college is small to begin with, with about 3000 undergraduate and graduate students total. The parking can be tight as there are staff and students who are looking for spots but must park on the opposite side of campus if the individual is running late. As it is, this individual would have to sprint in order to get to class on time or just a few minutes after it began. This is such a small price to pay for what you get in return at the college in terms of faculty, memories and more.
I went to St. John Fisher for my graduate degree. It was a great experience with very qualified professors and small class sizes. The down side, and reason for 4/5 stars is price, as the tuition was expensive when comparing to others.
Start Your Review of St. John Fisher College
An excellent choice in furthering my education. Great course and professors that want to help you. Excellent food, but no party scene at all
I owe my ability to be accepted into a graduate program to the professors and students at SJFC. Here I learned to think critically, objectively and found a true passion in the sciences. Fisher set me up academically to do well on graduate entrance exams and provided me with the tools to do research which allowed me to gain valuable bench top experience. Even though it is a small school, SJFC allowed me to stand above students from larger universities when applying to graduate programs.
I have been working my watch through the nursing program at SJFC and so far has found it great! We are placed on different types of floors for our student nurse program and the teachers really help you in the learning process.