St. John Fisher College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in Pittsford, N.Y., just minutes from downtown Rochester. The campus community is home to over 2,600 full-time undergraduates, nearly 200 part-time undergraduates, and over 1,000 graduate students.
Founded in 1948 by the Congregation of St. Basil as a Catholic College for men, St. John Fisher College became independent in 1968 and coeducational in 1971. As it moves through the twenty-first century, the College remains true to its Catholic and Basilian heritage. Fisher now offers 37 academic majors in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, business, education, and nursing; 11 pre-professional programs; 13 master's programs; and three doctoral degrees.
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.29 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.34 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.34 responses
- of students say they don't have Greek life.44 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.52 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.22 responses
St. John Fisher College Reviews
Something I would change, however, would be the parking on campus. The college is small to begin with, with about 3000 undergraduate and graduate students total. The parking can be tight as there are staff and students who are looking for spots but must park on the opposite side of campus if the individual is running late. As it is, this individual would have to sprint in order to get to class on time or just a few minutes after it began. This is such a small price to pay for what you get in return at the college in terms of faculty, memories and more.