COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
St. Francis College is actively monitoring and responding to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in support of the well-being and safety of students, faculty, and staff. Our spring 2021 courses will be instructed under a flexible hybrid model. Applications are now open for Spring and Fall 2021 semester classes! Learn more about our Back to Brooklyn Plan. Learn More
- Academicsgrade C+
- Valuegrade B+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade C
- Athleticsgrade B+
- Party Scenegrade B+
- Professorsgrade C+
- Locationgrade A+
- Dormsgrade unavailable
- Campus Foodgrade unavailable
- Student Lifegrade B+
- Safetygrade A minus
For 160 years, St. Francis has provided an affordable, quality education to students of all racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds. 97 percent of SFC students receive some form of financial aid, including federal and state grants, federal loans and newly increased amounts of institutional scholarships, making St. Francis one of the most affordable private colleges in New York City. Merit-and need-based scholarships are available for qualified students.
The Franciscan Tradition of the College ensures a welcoming environment that supports students and helps develop the whole person. St. Francis College challenges all students to expand their learning experience beyond the classroom and become an integral part of the community. They belong to more than 40 clubs, fraternities, sororities, and honor societies. Social responsibility and mutual respect are among the values that enable St. Francis students to achieve their dreams.
St. Francis College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 21 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 32 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 32 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Nursing62 Graduates
- Business59 Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities56 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies36 Graduates
- Biology29 Graduates
- Accounting28 Graduates
- Psychology25 Graduates
- Health Professions21 Graduates
- Network, Database, and System Administration19 Graduates
- Healthcare Management18 Graduates
Accounting Major at St. Francis College
SFC offers three accounting programs: a BS, a 5-year BS/MS and an MS in Accounting. Most of our students are enrolled in the 5-year BS/MS program, which provides them with the appropriate skills, knowledge and ability for professional success and career advancement. Our graduates hold jobs at all of the Top Four accounting firms, as well as many local and regional accounting firms.
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 35 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life. 38 responses
- Convenient, scholarship wise.16%
- Home away from home5%
- Students are friendly5%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 13 responses
St. Francis College Reviews
Honestly, I decided to attend St. Francis because it is so much more affordable than "any" four-year university in the NYC area when you account for scholarships and aid. The campus is open and there are a few in-person classes, and it is very quiet and desert. Hopefully, this will change when they almost fully re-open by Fall.