St. Cloud State University Reviews

1,045 reviews
I began my schooling at St. Cloud State my junior year as a transfer student. From day one, SCSU was extremely welcoming and helpful with my transition. My application was processed and accepted within a matter of days, and I was immediately able to make contact with advisors and professors who provided me with guidance about courses and campus life. The campus itself is a very welcoming place to be. The professors are eager to help and knowledgable in their fields. There are many resources available for students from all walks of life, including countless clubs and organizations for every kind of student.
I personally have been to 4 different colleges, two being in different states. I have never felt more welcomed or more supported with my education. I am currently enrolled in the nursing program and the professors are amazing. They truly go out of their way to help a student succeed. I cannot speak more highly of the nursing program here.
A major downfall of the campus is the parking situations (as almost all colleges), but this college has worked out a way for it to work better. They have a shuttle that runs from the furthest lot into the Wick (the science building) which is close to most of the academic buildings. If you do not want to park on campus or cannot there is a drop off at the library for the city busing services.
St. Cloud State University is a very affordable and reasonable school. The campus is not very organized or impressive in any way, but for $3,000-$4,000 per semester, the value is incredible! I have had nothing but great experiences with the professors and students thus far. My main complaint is with disorganization in the administration and a relatively high amount of crime for a school that is not located in a large city.
Start Your Review of St. Cloud State University
Culture nights, students body, the professors, and the organization on campus. The St Cloud State University have different diversity of students and professors.
People here are awesome if you put yourself out to meet people. I was part of a small cohort, and they will always be there if I need them in the future for job opportunities.
I chose SCSU ultimatley because it was the only school in Minnesota that offered a degree for my major, Nuclear Medicine Technology. After my first year, I am very happy to say that I am glad I chose SCSU. It has given me the resources and opportunities I don't think I would have been able to get anywhere else- the main example of being able to spend a semester abroad as a freshman. The professors I have had genuinly care about me and my education and they have been very approachable. As a Minnesota state school, I believe it is a good bang for your buck.
I love St. Cloud State i will be attending this next fall. The city has a very clean layout and the people in the town are one of a kind.
It was good. I liked the safety and most of my processors. The food is not very good, but the staff are really nice and helpful with food allergies.
I loved the hustle and the good vibes of campus! I transferred from the technical college and loved the big campus filled with students working hard and chasing their dreams!
I have really enjoyed my first year here at St. Cloud State. I found it to be a very welcoming school and campus. There are many great opportunities on and off campus. I would like to see the food at Garvey Commons improve, they have good breakfast but everything else is not the best.
I liked all the opportunities the university had to offer. I especially liked the fact that they partnered with my high school to allow students to start their freshman early through their PSEO program.
Great campus with a lot of amenities to pass time and knowledgeable professors. Only reason they don't get 5 stars is because it's not very online/commuter friendly. If you plan on staying close to campus or living in a dorm, you'll love this school.
Honestly, I do not understand why there is so much criticism towards St. Cloud State University. Coming from Florida, I moved here for the hospitality program and have been nothing but successful. I left behind my family, friends, and comfort of everything that I knew. I completely started over with nothing to work with, but this school has been great to me. I have worked multiple jobs full-time throughout my time here, so I haven't been involved in much on campus, but there is so much offered that I could participate on any given day. The campus is beautiful, the dorms are actually much nicer than they are given credit for, and the academics are definitely worth what you are paying. I have loved every minute of this school and hope others in the future do too.
There are many activities to attend or participate in, and there are many groups to join. It was nice to live on campus and be able to walk to my classes and be a part of the campus community. I now plan on returning, but not living on campus. It is easy to get to.
About to transfer but looking into the program. It looks excellent. I've been looking at the Real Estate program and it is the most affordable and gives me the best opportunities to excel in my career from all angles.
The surrounding area is lacking in diversity and opportunities. The campus has low participation rates for students. Many students comment which makes on campus life boring. As a business student the classes are average, could differentiate assignments more and offer more hands on experiences.
Now that my first year is almost over, I absolutely love this college, and I am 100% satisfied with my decision to come here for college.
Start Your Review of St. Cloud State University
iThereis 1 thing that I wish would change at the college and that is the cost. It is pretty high and I'm worried about not having enough money for my second semester. Niche please help me I would greatly appreciate that.
I personally love the people, the diversity of this campus is like no other. The sports teams compete like a major D1 school and are amazing to watch.
I really liked my experience here. Not great night life, and many of the professors are hard to understand. Otherwise was great!