Spring Arbor University Reviews

I enjoy the wonderful community that is present at Spring Arbor University - there are so many opportunities to build relationships here. I truly cannot imagine myself attending college anywhere else.
The environment simply put, is home. Everyone knows everyone and it is a wonderful atmosphere to learn and grow in I’m so glad I chose spring arbor
Spring Arbor University is a community. This university truly values community and values each individual student.
Start Your Review of Spring Arbor University
I absolutely loved going to SAU, the classes were great. However, my financial aid wasn't covering all my costs and I was owing around $1000 a semester. I had to drop out because I couldn't afford $350 a month payments.
Professors are so knowledgeable in their fields. They really connect with their students and try to get to know every single one.
I have always loved being here. The professors are unique in that they genuinely care about their students. They are intentional about building relationships with students and their offices are open for both academic and personal discussion.
This is an unapologetic Christian University. The community is great. I have formed the best friends that I could have ever asked for in the two months that I have been here. I have no complaints about this school. God is at the center of this campus and my life has changed because of this place.
I went to main campus for my first two years, then entered into the global program in order to cut costs (it allows me to commute only a half hour from home while also working full time). During my main campus time, I lived in Muffit and majored as psych/social work. I loved most of my profs and felt genuinely cared for by them. Though the facilities in my dorm were not altogether reliable, the small community of women I lived with made it worth choosing a second year. I also made close friends with my CORE group, and a few others. I cherished those friendships, and still do. The academic advisers are also so helpful and generous with their time and knowledge. The staff really is intentional with students.
The reason that I gave 4 stars rather than 5 is that I feel SAU encourages some stereotypes about different groups of people, particularly men and women, which perpetuates some obstructions toward growing as an individual. Meal plans are also not ideal.
Attending Spring Arbor University has so far been a very good experience for me. The campus is very safe, and the small class sizes mean that the teachers are very hands-on with their students and unlike other university teachers they seem to actually care about the performance and behavior of their students. I hope that my good experiences continue into my next few years at SAU, and I see little reason why they will not.
If you are looking for a good safe place to go to a school that is enveloped in a Christian community then SAU may be for you. This is definitely a school for people looking for a small, but tight knit community.
Everyone at SAU is very invested and is willing to go above and beyond to help students succeed. There is a strong sense of community, and people treat each other like family. There is just something different about SAU that makes it feel like home.
I am a distance learner through Spring Arbor. I love the online learning environment and managing my homework and study time on my own. The instructors have been helpful in providing clear instructions and examples to follow for assignments. Overall, I'd recommend this university to others.
I am entering my second year with Spring Arbor University which has been less than satisfactory. I attend Spring Arbor's School of Education courses through North Central Michigan College's Cohort, the community college in the small city where I live and work full time. Like many others, I am going to school while juggling many other responsibilities. North Central's administration has made this educational journey as easy as they could, but Spring Arbor's administration has failed me over and over. They're impossible to contact, unorganized, and down right unprofessional. If it were'nt for the local adjunct professors they assign to our courses being so amazing I would've switched to a different university long ago.
Great athletics, beautiful campus, home town safe atmosphere. The staff is very helpful. Large variety of foods in the cafeteria.
Spring Arbor University is a wonderful place to attend college. They do a great job of walking with the students and giving us practical hands on experience in the field.
Great experience. The professors are very helpful with excellent resources. This school does not only teaches academic but also Christian values.
I would normally speak very highly of Spring Arbor, until I graduated and was never given a diploma. After contacting the university, I was informed that I had credits missing in order to complete my degree. The registrars office was very informal and rude. They refused to fully acknowledge the situation, and did not take responsibility for for the lack of a strict process that helps students complete their degree and graduate. Since this has happened to me, I have been in conversation with others from the university, and have heard that this (or similar situations) have happened to many of my friends, or friends of friends. I enjoyed my time at Spring Arbor, but this incident left me with an awful distaste for the school. It's unfortunate that I paid an incredible amount of money to attend a university that does not have an organized and professional way of handling credits and the graduation process.
Start Your Review of Spring Arbor University
SAU is a great place to learn in a small town, with small classes. Everyone here is super friendly and you will make many new friends. As for the academic part I wish they had more options for majors.
Spring Arbor University is the perfect small school. The people here are awesome. If you want a place where you can walk across campus and know 10 out of the 20 people that you just walked past, this is the place for you. The professors care about you and your education, and about what you are doing as a student to further your experience in the classroom. Campus is small, and the closest 'big town' is about ten minutes away, but you can always find things to do and people to do them with if you try hard enough. If you don't think a big school is for you, then SAU might be a good option! Our CORE program does a really good job of getting new students hooked up with a student mentor and a group of fellow classmates from the first day on campus. You get to grow with this group and you might find that some of those people will be your good friends.
I like the community at Spring Arbor University. The students, staff, and professors are kind and become great friends instantly. The classes are challenging but small class size allows for one-on-one help from the professor, and you easily get to know the other students in the class. My biggest complaint for the school is as a Spanish major. They have not yet hired a full-time Spanish professor, and that has taken a toll on the students studying Spanish, including myself. Other than that, I have been happy at Spring Arbor University.