Spokane Community College Reviews

I love this college, all of the teachers I've had so far have been incredibly helpful to me in my studies and work and it's been an amazing experience.
I have made many great memories at Spokane Community College. The classes are kept small (less than 30 students) so the professors can give more attention and care to the students. Most professors are very easily accessible and willing to help with any questions. There are also a ton of recourses available on campus if any student needs help with counseling, tutoring, financial aid, or anything else. Cafeteria food is not good though - I have never bought their food and I don’t think I will until the quality improves.
I am currently in my last quarter as a freshman here at Spokane Community College where I am playing on the women’s soccer team. As a collegiate athlete, most of my free time is spent at practice, in the weight room, or in my coach’s office discussing classes and soccer. I also have a job through the work study program at my college. Another place I spend a lot of my free time is at a local church called Life Center, which is right across the street from Spokane Falls Community College. At Spokane Community College, there is no student housing available, so I live in an apartment with two of my soccer teammates right across the river from campus which is only about 10 minutes away. Overall, I would say that I am very lucky to live in Spokane and attend Spokane Community College.
Start Your Review of Spokane Community College
My counselor has been great about helping me with whatever I need and guiding me in the right direction for where I want to go. Most of my professors have been good and willing to help when its needed.
Let me start off by saying the staff and professors are exceptional at Spokane Community College. I can not explain to you how helpful and knowledgeable they are with everything and anything you would need help with. They are also friendly and welcoming to a "t"!
Excellent college that helps their students succeef. Counselors are helpful and respond back to emails in a timely fashion.
I spent four years in this college. I feel like they could remodel some of their buildings because you can tell that it is wearing down. But overall, all staff members and teachers were ready to help whenever possible which created a very welcoming vibe.
I am beginning my first year. Returning to school in my 30's is daunting but they have made the whole process so easy and have helped me navigate financial aid and scholarships.
Very close-knit college, engaging and fun place to be. Even at the satellites campuses, there's plenty to do and learn.
I am currently taking my 2nd course both 2year courses. This is my 3rd quarter & i have found there is always someone who can help you with whatever you need to have a good experience and succeed in your goals
My experience at Spokane Community College so far has been wonderful. The instructors are very friendly and helpful. I have been out of school for about 8 years since I graduated in 2010, and the teachers have certainly been patient and understanding with me. They make sure I fully understand the subject and if not they sit down with me and break it down to the best of their knowledge to help me better comprehend. The instructors are very good at giving us students resources. I also am very content with all the additional help that the campus provides. There is a food bank, student center which helps students find jobs, multicultural center which helps with scholarships and so much more. I myself as a struggling single mother has had to utilize the food bank and student center already and I am truly grateful.
All of the staff and anyone on campus is willing to help you and care about you. The professors are very understanding and constantly check inion your understanding giving you great feedback.
Spokane Community College is full of staff that are wanting all students to succeed. I'm very pleased with my experience at SCC!
The staff is knowledgeable about campus services, program requirements, and job prospects after graduation. Very organized and professional.
I have been having a great experience here at Spokane Community College. I have really appreciated the help and guidance that the instructors and the staff have given me. I have been attending the branch in colville. Every time I have needed help for the staff in Colville they have ben very open and helpful. Canvas, the online program they use, took awhile to figure out how to use, but once I got the hang of it, it was easily navigable.
I would like to see more teachers that care about individuals, and more class options.
I enjoy the atmosphere of the campus, but feel as though the age gap makes it easier to be less safe. Some teachers are amazing while others have a burnt out teaching method. Registering for classes is easy if you do it within 3 hours of opening, otherwise you might not get a needed class.
My overall experience was good, however, there are things that can be changed. I appreciated many of the professors, they really taught me to love the subject they taught, but other professors didn't help me at all.
Start Your Review of Spokane Community College
SCC is the only college I have ever attended so I cannot compare it to other college experiences. SCC has provided all steps necessary for my success as a student and I am very happy with the results to this point. The instructors are very competent and there is a lot of resources for students to learn and achieve their goals.
I enjoy this school. It is a tight not small college that has some very caring teachers. There is one in general that has helped me from the beginning of my schooling. She has helped me to understand the technical complexity of the starting of school. She helped me to understand programs I have never seen before and she is very encouraging to me when I lost hope in understanding classes. I have never meet another teacher so willing to work with someone though the troubles of life. Without her I don't believe I would have gotten this far. Other teachers at Spokane Community College are not so caring. I've had a hard time understanding some teachers learning technics with little help from them. I have even failed classes because of their inability to work with my learning style. I have also ran into problems with financial aid when I lost my mother to suicide. They would not fund me after I was unable to continue my classes because of my grief.
I have gone to this college now for 2 years, and it truly allows very good one on one experiences to help better your understanding in classes. Also professors are much more helpful in a smaller class size and that's typically what you'll find at SFCC and SCC.