Spelman College Reviews

1,089 reviews
So far, I truly love being at Spelman College and being apart of the Atlanta University Center. Everyone is very nice and extremely welcoming and supportive. I love my Spelman sisters even though it's only been a few days. The campus is easy to navigate and the new student orientation has been very helpful.
Spelman was community where, I felt as though, I could be myself and express my emotions in new ways.
Spelman is the epitome of Black Girl Magic. You're bound to be successful after attending. From your first semester there, Spelman will make sure that you are educated about your past, present, and your future. The opportunities are bountiful. The bond you have with your sisters (current students and alumna) is unmatched and untouchable. Spelman College should be on every young black girl's college list.
Start Your Review of Spelman College
Spelman College is a great place for open-minded, driven, outspoken young women. I believe Spelman prepares young black women for real-world circumstances as well as provides you resources that other institutions may not provide. However, I do recommend doing your research prior to applying or entering the gates of Spelman. The rules are strict and the women are fierce.
Spelman has such a loving atmosphere where you will feel seen, important, and a part of a loving black female community that is still full of diverse individuals. This institution pushes you to grow into the best person that you can be.
I love and cherish my institution for instilling in me the value of education, networking, focus and dedication. The opportunities that are available at Spelman are unmatched. I have had the chance to learn, grow, and thrive as an individual at Spelman, and I appreciate the journey that it has brought me.
I am a perspective student looking to attend and I visited the school for my sweet 16 and I must say everything about Spelman is great and I wouldn’t change a thing
Academics at Spelman are held to a very high degree, proving valuable in and out of the classroom. There are many connections an opportunities as well. The only thing I don't like is the environment of the campus fluctuates between supportive and unhealthily competitive making it easy for some students to only succeed based on who likes them and vice versa.
I love the sisterhood and overall culture at Spelman and within the AUC. However, I would like to see better financial support from the college to students.
I love that Spelman provides an environment where everyone can express themselves in the way that they choose. It is a safe space, inspiration, and rigorous place all in one!
I have only completed my first year at Spelman College and I'm considering transferring for my sophomore year so I can properly prepare for my remanding years of school. My freshman dorm was fairly poor considering the amount of money I paid for the institution. Very small rooms, no air conditioning in the hot Atlanta heat, and half of the showers working in the community bathroom. Although there are various cons about this school I enjoy the small campus and diversity of clubs, organizations, and people in one small environment. Having Morehouse and Clark Atlanta made my Spelman experience better. Ultimately, COLLEGE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT.
My experience with Spelman College was like no other. Spelman is very welcoming, humble and caring. The sister bond is strong, everyone strives to help others and themselves succeed. The environment is very strong, black excellence and confidence. Like the motto "A choice to Change the World", I am choosing Spelman because I know with my education there just like my sisters I too can change the world.
I loved the environment of the school. Black women are encouraged to not only embrace their pursuit towards a higher field of education but also accept themselves as women of color in America.
As a black woman, spelman was the perfect place that I felt I could really succeed. One thing that they pride themselves on is being a support system for us young black women, who try everything to help us succeed. There are an extensive amount of opportunities as well at spelman!
This notorious HBCU is an amazing college for young black women that intend to be trailblazers in today's society.
Spelman is an amazing institution––coming here is the best decision I have made! Professors are supportive, campus culture is affirming, and you truly learn how to become a strong-minded, informed young woman with the passion to positively change the world.
Spelman College provides students with a positive environment with strong academic programs, excellent professors who are encouraging and supportive and available to meet with students. The class size is small and offers student the opportunity to get to know their teachers. The campus is safe and the food is very good.
Start Your Review of Spelman College
School is super expensive, get your money's worth, please. There are of opportunities seize them. I love the small size great for classes. They care about you but do not forget college is still a business. If this is your dream school but you can not afford to go you are not missing out. Do not put yourself in a massive debt hole for Spelman. Housing for freshmen is definitely not worth the price but it is what it is.
Spelman College is an exceptional institution for the furthering of education for black women. It creates an environment for strong minded women and a feeling of home within the Atlanta University Center.
Spelman has cultivated the perfect community for a challenging academic career and a vigorous social life. The students are extremely involved on campus with various organizations on campus. Each night, there is some sort of activity going on. The LGBTQ+ community is supportive and active on campus. The class sizes are small at an average of 10-20 students. The professors are engaged with their students so the 50 minute classes go by quickly. The sisterhood at this all women's institution is competitive, but also supportive with a plethora of resources available around campus. My experience at Spelman continues to shape me into an independent woman with strong connections to carry me in the working world.