High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.67 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.68 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.68 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.90 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.106 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.50 responses
Spelman College Reviews
Spelman is an amazing institution––coming here is the best decision I have made! Professors are supportive, campus culture is affirming, and you truly learn how to become a strong-minded, informed young woman with the passion to positively change the world.
Spelman College has a great talk, but not such a great walk. Pros: the school is very invested in bettering its students and the careers department is amazing! Cons: the foods terrible, housing is terrible, and they mostly only care about bettering students who are science majors. OH and the party scene is non-existent.
Spelman has cultivated the perfect community for a challenging academic career and a vigorous social life. The students are extremely involved on campus with various organizations on campus. Each night, there is some sort of activity going on. The LGBTQ+ community is supportive and active on campus. The class sizes are small at an average of 10-20 students. The professors are engaged with their students so the 50 minute classes go by quickly. The sisterhood at this all women's institution is competitive, but also supportive with a plethora of resources available around campus. My experience at Spelman continues to shape me into an independent woman with strong connections to carry me in the working world.