COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We are excited to offer campus visits on a smaller scale. We are offering individual visits with modified walking tours. Sessions are limited for the health and safety of our prospective students and their families. Students can still schedule an on-demand campus tour or a virtual admissions appointment to meet with their admissions counselor. Contact email@example.com or 502 585-7111. Learn More
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Valuegrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Campusgrade B
- Athleticsgrade C+
- Party Scenegrade B
- Professorsgrade B+
- Locationgrade A
- Dormsgrade C+
- Campus Foodgrade A minus
- Student Lifegrade B+
- Safetygrade B
Spalding University is the choice college for students who want to earn a degree while engaging and serving the community. We’re a small, private university out to change the world, starting in our own backyard. With inspiring majors and minors offered in convenient 6-week blocks, we make it possible for you to earn your degree in a way that’s life-changing, not life-altering.
Test-optional admissions. Small classes. Supportive faculty. NCAA D-III athletics. Affordable tuition. Close-knit community. These are just a few things that make Spalding unique.
What makes you who you are, those big and little things, we embrace at Spalding. We support and celebrate the different abilities, ideals, cultures, goals and passions of all our students, cultivating a supportive space to grow and learn.
Walk away with more than just a degree—gain a unique outlook on the world and a network of supporters behind you.
Come change the world with us.
Spalding University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 23 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 24 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 24 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Nursing78 Graduates
- Health Service Preparatory Studies39 Graduates
- Business33 Graduates
- Studio Arts31 Graduates
- Psychology26 Graduates
- Accounting13 Graduates
- Natural Sciences13 Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services9 Graduates
- Communications8 Graduates
- Elementary Education7 Graduates
Social Work Major at Spalding University
As a social work major, you’ll engage directly with the community where you live, learn and work to impact and improve lives. We prepare you for practice in a variety of settings with diverse populations. With a BSSW, you’ll be eligible for LSW licensure in Kentucky, and you may also be eligible for advanced standing in our MSW program, meaning you can earn your master’s degree in one extra year.
- Very friendly people. You can ask them anything.63%
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 26 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 35 responses
- Flexible, helpful, and relaxed45%
- Fast, uninvolved9%
- Small but expensive!9%
- Amazing and close knit. Love it.5%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 21 responses