- Georgetown, TX
- 4 Year
Southwestern, Texas’ oldest university, has been devoted to teaching students to think, create and connect to make meaning and make a difference for more than 175 years.
Southwestern offers a true liberal arts education with small classes and numerous collaborative undergraduate research opportunities. One-third of students study abroad, two-thirds of students complete at least one internship and 92 percent find employment or are accepted to graduate/professional school within 10 months of graduation. All of this (and more!) combined creates a lifelong Southwestern Experience.
Southwestern University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.26 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.28 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.28 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.38 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.43 responses
After Southwestern University
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.16 responses
Southwestern University Reviews
Most of the people that come here are from small private high schools & are pretty sheltered. I guess in college they feel the need to party to an excessive extent. The whole school revolves around greek life - and this is why we’re in trouble with Title IX involving rape cases.
I once asked my professor why he made his test so much different than his assignments & he responded: "Welcome to college." There aren't many majors here. Not a lot of people know about this school outside of the area, unless they did research.
There are no healthy food choices here. Everything is pretty much preserved or has an unnecessary amount of preservatives or just fried. There was even a caterpillar in the sandwich. There's a reason it's a D-.
If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't come back.