Southwestern Oregon Community College Reviews

All the classes I have taken were taught well and very intriguing. SOCC has great facilities including a public gym with updated machinery. Overall a great environment!
I’ve obtained my AAOT from SOCC, and I’ve enjoyed all of the classes and professors I’ve worked with so far. I’m currently in SOCC’s Nursing Program, and I’m enjoying every minute of it. Our professors are so helpful, and always doing the best they can to give us the skills we need to be great nurses. I still have five terms til I’ve completed the program, but I know they’re going to fly by and I’ll miss seeing my wonderful professors and classmates every day. I’m thankful for all the friendships I’ve made and the knowledge I’ve obtained by attending Southwestern Oregon Community College.
Living in the domrs is how you would expect it to be. The food is made by the culinary students and isn't bad. The teachers are great, inviting, energetic, involved.
Start Your Review of Southwestern Oregon Community College
While Southwestern Oregon Community College is a wonderful stepping stone to 4 year Universities, the course offerings leave much to be desired. While all basic classes are offered, there aren't a lot of 'elective' type classes.
The campus is fairly large, with a lot of facilities. There are many resources available to help students, but they are not very well advertised, and people are often conveniently taking a break when you need them.
There are many clubs available, but they often seem disorganized and not as advertised.
I am graduating in the fall with an AAOT degree with the prospects of transferring. I had a very nice time and met many nice people while attending. The landscape was beautiful and it was very convenient to have a Walmart right across the street. The professors I interacted with were very approachable and helpful.
As a currently enrolled student, I've enjoyed the online learning experience. The teachers, tutors, staff and admissions councelor have all been extremely helpful and communicative. They've effectively addressed all of my questions and concerns. The academic aspect has been suitably challenging and satisfying. The online learning platform is set up to be motivating, understandable and enjoyable. I'm pursuing a teaching degree and both the Early Childhood Education Associates degree and the Elementary Education Associates degree is transferable to Oregon State University, thereby offering outstanding programs. I continue to be excited to achieve my educational aspiration through this college.
This school was a smart decision not only because it was close to home, but my experience there has gone past my expectations of the school. I recently finished my first year of college at this institution and I have been blown away by the quality of education that I am receiving. Although there are some teachers that stood out as less than excellent they all remained at a very high level of deliverance. If there was one thing I would change about this school is the system they have created with their ASG. Wishing to apply to the student government was close to impossible as it seemed those who had been there the year before were the only ones with a way into the program. I would like a broader, more open ASG that I could take part in whether it had benefits or not. Other than this problem I have had one of my greatest years in education through this school, and I am beyond happy to say that I stayed close to home, and carried on with my education at this community college.
This is a great college for the price, the professors care about your education and work with you to figure things out.
I really enjoyed my year at Southwestern. I was a part of the swim team. The best part about this school is that it's small and friendly. My friends and I enjoyed finding new places to eat and spending a lot of time at the beach.
I went to SWOCC on a tuition waiver to swim on their swim team. The class selections were limited but the class sizes are small and you get a lot of attention. You can live on campus which is great because it gives you the 4-year college experience on a 2-year campus. Campus is small but really beautiful. It's a dry campus so if you're looking for a "party school" this is not the place for you.
I love and enjoy this school! Best place to start out your higher education learning at by far! The campus is big and lovely, and filled with art nature and lots of bubbly students. Rain or shine, classes go on!
Southwestern is a very small but nice campus. Everyone is friendly towards everyone. SWOCC is close to the beach. The pacific northwest is a very nice place to live in.
I attended the culinary program and I absolutely loved it!!! Amazing courses and very detailed. The professors really make sure that you understand the content and understand that you're still human and stuff happens and they're willing to work with you.
The students and instructors are super nice and helpful there's also I very large tutoring lab for all your needs. The courses are easy to learn and most instructors keep it interesting! There's a ton of student activities and student discounts throughout the city!
Teachers here are great , all my teachers are wonderful and very nice completely understanding very helpful and caring for all of the students here . On the other hand the students here are very rude and loud they aren't caring for others . they are mean not helpful I will be leaving this school
The campus is beautiful and I enjoy most of my classes. I don't really appreciate the food, but the town is small enough that it's easy to just go somewhere off campus to eat.
For being a Community College, Southwestern Oregon Community College really has a lot to offer. There are currently two campus's, online courses, and several trade programs to choose from. They are also currently in the works of building a science wing that will allow them to expand their current nursing program and allow for more medical programs.
Start Your Review of Southwestern Oregon Community College
Southwester Oregon community college is a nice place. a really cool campus and nice people. My teachers are very helpful people. I wouldn't change anything about that school.
Southwestern is the home of The Lakers. I had been out of school for ten years, I was worried that I wouldn't succeed in this new adventure. I came to Southwestern to prove something to myself and others that said I wouldn't succeed in college, also to help me emotionally because I felt unworthy because I had done nothing with my life. So I decided to go to college and that I could fail or succeed, I needed up getting honor roll or dean's list the first three terms of my college career. SWOCC is the best place to try something new and succeed at something you never thought you could. The teachers, faculty and advisers are here to help you succeed and be the best you can be, they are here to help you find the degree for you to have the best future you can. If you have no clue what you want to study at college and that is holding you back from going to college then come to SWOCC in Coos Bay, OR and find the best version of yourself.
To start off im in sports and its changed my life in all good ways giving me skill to better my self. Secondly, I had money problems do to financial ups and downs on my end and they have worked with me the entire way having my Needs met and being able to meet most compromises needed to help me stay in school to further my education all in all very well held together staff and program to start the learning process of college life and give you skills on dealing with problems in the future of the outside world.