Southwestern Oregon Community College Reviews

I attended the culinary program and I absolutely loved it!!! Amazing courses and very detailed. The professors really make sure that you understand the content and understand that you're still human and stuff happens and they're willing to work with you.
The students and instructors are super nice and helpful there's also I very large tutoring lab for all your needs. The courses are easy to learn and most instructors keep it interesting! There's a ton of student activities and student discounts throughout the city!
Teachers here are great , all my teachers are wonderful and very nice completely understanding very helpful and caring for all of the students here . On the other hand the students here are very rude and loud they aren't caring for others . they are mean not helpful I will be leaving this school
Start Your Review of Southwestern Oregon Community College
The campus is beautiful and I enjoy most of my classes. I don't really appreciate the food, but the town is small enough that it's easy to just go somewhere off campus to eat.
For being a Community College, Southwestern Oregon Community College really has a lot to offer. There are currently two campus's, online courses, and several trade programs to choose from. They are also currently in the works of building a science wing that will allow them to expand their current nursing program and allow for more medical programs.
Southwester Oregon community college is a nice place. a really cool campus and nice people. My teachers are very helpful people. I wouldn't change anything about that school.
Southwestern is the home of The Lakers. I had been out of school for ten years, I was worried that I wouldn't succeed in this new adventure. I came to Southwestern to prove something to myself and others that said I wouldn't succeed in college, also to help me emotionally because I felt unworthy because I had done nothing with my life. So I decided to go to college and that I could fail or succeed, I needed up getting honor roll or dean's list the first three terms of my college career. SWOCC is the best place to try something new and succeed at something you never thought you could. The teachers, faculty and advisers are here to help you succeed and be the best you can be, they are here to help you find the degree for you to have the best future you can. If you have no clue what you want to study at college and that is holding you back from going to college then come to SWOCC in Coos Bay, OR and find the best version of yourself.
To start off im in sports and its changed my life in all good ways giving me skill to better my self. Secondly, I had money problems do to financial ups and downs on my end and they have worked with me the entire way having my Needs met and being able to meet most compromises needed to help me stay in school to further my education all in all very well held together staff and program to start the learning process of college life and give you skills on dealing with problems in the future of the outside world.
My experiences has been great. The perfessor A are very help full and want you to succeed. Campus is very wonderful
Depending on what you're going for, the professors may be super helpful, or they may not be. First stop is rude, and always unhelpful.
Coos Bay is a very small town to begin with, so the school was very small especially for a community college. There is a mix between good professors who want you to succeed and then there's also professors who do not really care whether you pass or fail the class and will judge you based on where you want to transfer next. This is quite disappointing because this happened to me, and it really does impact your grade and overall self esteem. However, it was nice that the school was small enough to where the instructors knew you personally and asking questions was easy. The campus is run-down, however there is student pride there and it was definitely an experience to remember.
My schedule was fine. It was not as flexible as I would've liked because certain core classes were only offered and certain days/times.
Most of the online classes I took were a waste of time. The professors did not seem to care and they were usually difficult to get a hold of, especially in the summer term. Only a few of them were beneficial but the success was dependent on me as the student because the professor did little to no teaching. They are self-teaching classes for self-motivating students.
Overall had great classes and great teachers where I learned a lot. A few classes were pointless and I did not learn anything new or beneficial. One class was extremely hard with about 95% of the class failing. I notified a professor but he did nothing to talk to the professor about the percentage of the class that was failing. This was frustrating and the professor was at fault, not the students.
Not really sure. Wasn't involved
I don't have a major at this point, just completing an associates degree to transfer to a university. Mostly average classes with a lot of prerequisites. High workload, full time, and some extremely challenging classes as I got closer to taking career specific classes.
It's a very small school and town which means not as many opportunities that bigger schools would have. It is inexpensive and the class sizes are very small which allows for good one-on-one time. The advisors and teachers aren't always helpful when it comes to signing up for classes and organizing for the future so its best to do your own research. I had to change my advisor because I couldn't even contact my first one so that was frustrating.
Start Your Review of Southwestern Oregon Community College
There are decent options for times and days in which you attend classes. Of course it isn't perfect. But you may schedule classes twice a week or three days a week, and plenty of classes have morning, afternoon and sometimes evening slots available.
Although daunting at first, SWOCC offers a convenient (though sometimes finnicky) online section. It is easy to register for and access these classes and there are usually more than enough available classes.
Overall, with the outdoorsy setting, some amazing teachers and a nice selection of classes (and the fact that it isn't very hard to navigate/find these classes) the experience here is perfect for those who need a bit of a lax start. This school isn't nearly as intense as most colleges and although the classes still require effort and intelligence, the forgiving and understanding atmosphere really creates an inviting learning experience.