1. Weatherford, OK
  2. 4 Year

Southwestern Oklahoma State University Reviews

The college has strong science based programs. Most of professors are willing to work with you and want you to do your best. The town is very small, there is little to nothing to do.
SWOSU provides the education and experience one needs to start a career while also allowing for meaningful relationships to form between classmates and instructors for years to come. It is one community with the sole focus of helping each other to be the best they can be. There's also plenty of free food and fun activities to keep the student life interesting.
I really enjoy SWOSU. The environment is very friendly and feels like a home away from home. There is a lot of student involvement. The professors are really understanding and help you out when needed.
This is a great college if you are looking for a homey feeling. It is small, but not too small. Just the right size if you are coming from a smaller school.
The town is very comfortable to live in. The college overall is in a great community. The academics here are very challenging. The classroom size is very comfortable and their is more one on one time with the professors.
Great online RN-BSN Program! Professors were always readily available for questions and assistance. It was a very positive experience towards the future of my career.
It is an overall great school and I had a wonderful experience there. I wish I could go back and do it all over again!
Although schools want us to have place to eat, i don't think that you should force the resident in the dorm to have a certain amount of meal plan, and the cafeteria in school is not serving healthy food, it's always pizza, fried foods, and that is not good for the health. We are destroying the healthy body that our parents tried to build up for a long time.
This is a great small town school. It can be very personalized to what you need and what you are looking for. The only advice i would give is to really look in to what professor will be teaching your class. There are some professors whose classes are much more difficult than others
I am a freshman at SWOSU so I don't have much experience yet. However, I do believe that I have made the right decision by coming here and I know that if anyone is worries about attending SWOSU, you shouldn't be. Most of all the professors are very kind and understanding. All of the faculty members are very nice as well. I've never felt more at home and I know it'll only get better from here.
This is an amazing campus. But you can get lost. All teachers were very nice and caring. I went there for college night got a free seat to the football game. And they even won!!
As a transfer student, I found this college not only a good place to transfer to, but superior in every way from the previous college I went to! The campus feels more inviting and open, settled in a safe environment, with great classes and professors, and getting the best education for a fair cost! Though the dorms and food are fine, they could be better, and if you're someone that likes to party, then don't be too impressed, since you either gotta go off campus, or be in some sort of academic club or nerd group to party. Overall, it's a must choose for anyone going into college!
I believe that the party experience has a positive impact on the student experience of it is done within moderation. It gives you the chance to learn what it's like to let loose in a generally safe environment.
There are typically several parties a week on and off campus and it is a great way to relieve stress and meet people if you do it responsibly.
The professors are easy to comprehend and they genuinely care about your success
I believe that for the most part, people on our campus realize that there are all different types of people in the world. With this being said I think that those most are accepting, some can be very intolerant and that can cause an uprising of issues.
In any type of college atmosphere the use of alcohol and illegal substances will always be an issue. However, alongside those who indulge in this type of lifestyle, there are those that prefer just the opposite and are more interested in keeping their friends safe by offering their assistance if it is needed.
I believe that I am becoming adaquately prepared to enter the field of work that I desire to become a part of because SWOSU is preparing me with amazing classes, wonderful instructors, and an easy going emviromment that shows that they care about the well being of their students.
  • College Freshman
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
I graduated from a very small high school so it is nice that the class sizes aren't large and that they are somewhat familiar to home.
In such a relatively small school, almost everyone knows everyone so if you feel endangered, most likely, someone you know will be around. I feel extremely safe on campus and I do not have any relevant issues regarding this topic.