Southwestern Michigan College Reviews

My experience at Southwestern Michigan College has been a delightful journey. The professors show interest in every students success and are willing to take time out of their day to help a student who is in need for assistance. The way they have everything organized fits perfectly for any incoming freshman who is clueless of what is going on. We use Moodle as a tool to help us turn in our assignments or to access our homework as well. One thing that I would like to see change is possibly having a survey about each professor where students will have access to see what other students rate each teacher which will then help students know what teacher for each subject they will like to have for the semester.
Southwestern Michigan College is exactly as I expected it to be. It has small class sizes, and the instructors are available to help in subjects outside of class if needed. The college did struggle in offering assistance in placement into required internships, but overall, it did as I expected it to during my time at the institution.
I've attended this institution for three years and had some of the best experiences. I'm not saying it has been easy, but I have access to a lot of resources to ensure I don't fail my classes and there is a nice variety of things to do on campus during the year.
Start Your Review of Southwestern Michigan College
If you looking for a quiet college with teachers and tutor that actually help students one on one then this is the college. Very good college in my opinion. Small classes not to much going on in the campus but there are things to do.
I love having the option to go to the main Campus or the side campus in Niles just 30 mins away. It is a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
The campus is a decent size, town is a 5-10 minute drive away, the teachers are great and the food at the cafe/kitchen is good.
Dowagiac is a close knit community where everyone knows each other. The students and staff at the college are very friendly and are eager to help you succeed. The college offers on campus housing at a cheap affordable cost. The student to teacher ration is very good compared to other colleges and universities which helps insure that you can get the help you need. The learning center offers amazing support whether it is tutoring or getting help with an essay.
There are plenty of academic opportunities at a relatively low cost. You can get the full college experience living on campus and participating in events at a fraction of the cost of most universities. There are plenty of advisors ready to help make the transfer easy as well.
It is a good small town college, the academics are amazing. The professors are there to actually help you succeed. The class sizes are small so you get more one on one contact with the professors. The college is located between cornfields near a small town so there is not a lot to do but there are good student activities.
I really enjoy SMC to an extent. I don't believe the atmosphere is as it should be. The professors are half decent.
Southwestern Michigan College is a great school. Teachers are good, they offer a lot of student resources and help. Faculty and staff are friendly. School built on success.
I like the small class size and more personal contact. Their nursing program is top rate which has a good reputation locally for producing quality nurses. I would like to see them offer more online and evening classes to be more adult-learner friendly. Overall, a great school.
Ever since I've arrived at this school last spring semester, I've felt nothing but welcomed. The school offers excellent academic opportunities as well as help. The school also offers a great variety of student employment, which I have been lucky to be in. The staff is always super helpful and I 100 percent recommend Southwesten Michigan College!
I am in my 2ed year at SMC and my personal experience has been good. I have been able to get all my questions answered. The campus is beautiful and wide open and you can get to all of your classes in about 10 minutes or less.
Great campus atmosphere with awesome instructors who give 1 on 1 assistance if needed. Dorms are awesome and you get the big 4 year University experience.
Overall, Southwestern Michigan College was a average school. What I didn't like the most is that there wasnt many things to do other than the acitivities they planned. After all the campus is located in the middle of nowhere. Though, what I did like about the school is the teachers. They are very polite and helpful. the teachers seem to know what they are doing amd get the job done.
I love everything about SMC. The campus is amazing, I love how you can go for a run and a walk and enjoy the amazing view. It's amazing how the professors are always there to help you and make your experience easier.
Start Your Review of Southwestern Michigan College
Small town feel, personal experience with staff, and affordable on a low budget. Currently under renovations on buildings to add more size and possibilities for students. Still a great place to go!
It was great the people there were nice and very helpful even if i asked a thousand qurstions. The environment is safe and fun. There are plenty of places to study and chat with friends, as well as many ways to make new friends.
Attending Southwestern Michigan College is one of the best decisions I've ever made. I enjoy living through the campus life and the classes here are challenging. Though the school is quite a bit away from a grocery store or shopping center, there's not much to complain about. The school provides plenty of tutoring and extra resources to pass classes. There are also plenty of clubs to join and activities throughout the dorms each week.