Southwestern Michigan College Reviews

Dowagiac is a close knit community where everyone knows each other. The students and staff at the college are very friendly and are eager to help you succeed. The college offers on campus housing at a cheap affordable cost. The student to teacher ration is very good compared to other colleges and universities which helps insure that you can get the help you need. The learning center offers amazing support whether it is tutoring or getting help with an essay.
There are plenty of academic opportunities at a relatively low cost. You can get the full college experience living on campus and participating in events at a fraction of the cost of most universities. There are plenty of advisors ready to help make the transfer easy as well.
It is a good small town college, the academics are amazing. The professors are there to actually help you succeed. The class sizes are small so you get more one on one contact with the professors. The college is located between cornfields near a small town so there is not a lot to do but there are good student activities.
Start Your Review of Southwestern Michigan College
I really enjoy SMC to an extent. I don't believe the atmosphere is as it should be. The professors are half decent.
Southwestern Michigan College is a great school. Teachers are good, they offer a lot of student resources and help. Faculty and staff are friendly. School built on success.
I like the small class size and more personal contact. Their nursing program is top rate which has a good reputation locally for producing quality nurses. I would like to see them offer more online and evening classes to be more adult-learner friendly. Overall, a great school.
Ever since I've arrived at this school last spring semester, I've felt nothing but welcomed. The school offers excellent academic opportunities as well as help. The school also offers a great variety of student employment, which I have been lucky to be in. The staff is always super helpful and I 100 percent recommend Southwesten Michigan College!
I am in my 2ed year at SMC and my personal experience has been good. I have been able to get all my questions answered. The campus is beautiful and wide open and you can get to all of your classes in about 10 minutes or less.
Great campus atmosphere with awesome instructors who give 1 on 1 assistance if needed. Dorms are awesome and you get the big 4 year University experience.
Overall, Southwestern Michigan College was a average school. What I didn't like the most is that there wasnt many things to do other than the acitivities they planned. After all the campus is located in the middle of nowhere. Though, what I did like about the school is the teachers. They are very polite and helpful. the teachers seem to know what they are doing amd get the job done.
I love everything about SMC. The campus is amazing, I love how you can go for a run and a walk and enjoy the amazing view. It's amazing how the professors are always there to help you and make your experience easier.
Small town feel, personal experience with staff, and affordable on a low budget. Currently under renovations on buildings to add more size and possibilities for students. Still a great place to go!
It was great the people there were nice and very helpful even if i asked a thousand qurstions. The environment is safe and fun. There are plenty of places to study and chat with friends, as well as many ways to make new friends.
Attending Southwestern Michigan College is one of the best decisions I've ever made. I enjoy living through the campus life and the classes here are challenging. Though the school is quite a bit away from a grocery store or shopping center, there's not much to complain about. The school provides plenty of tutoring and extra resources to pass classes. There are also plenty of clubs to join and activities throughout the dorms each week.
I like that its a cheaper alternative to a four year school to start for people like me who are not as able to pay for the four year experience. It also has a four year level of campus facilities and has better credit transfer services than other local colleges.
Living in the Dorms at Southwestern Michigan College is a life experience you will never regret taking. The campus is such a family community everyone is willing to help you out whenever it is needed. Teachers are willing to work one on one with you if you are struggling. Also teachers email you back within the same day which is a big plus!!!
far my experience have been great. you can chose your own classes and the teachers care about teaching you. Although I wish there was more to do and hopes they build stores around the school because they have a lot of fields.
Start Your Review of Southwestern Michigan College
I loved my experience at SMC and I am planning on going back in the fall for another degree! The teachers I had were great. Always helpful and caring.
The teachers are down to earth. They really care about the students and are willing to help their students to succeed. I have enjoyed my time here thus far.
Southwestern Michigan College is very academically inclined and they help me manage my resources to their full potential. The professors at SMC are outstanding they are always there when you need them. The rec center is filled with fun things to do.