Southwestern College - California Reviews

1,014 reviews
I came from San Diego City College for the year. Never went back, love Southwestern. The staff as well as professors really care about students.
I liked how you have access to counselors and they can help you take the classes you need to transfer. I would like to see the college change its professor hiring so that selected professors are chosen based on their ability to teach.
I'm a 35 year old woman, with 3 kids and a busy life, because I work 40 hrs a week and I attend school full time, the experience is excellent, dont speak the English, they make me feel welcome and oriented.
Start Your Review of Southwestern College - California
Well at southwestern the teachers are willing to help. They will look out for you and will push you to be the best student as possible. However, you must work harder than everybody else on the campus so, the teachers will love you.
Attending Southwestern College was not only an excellent idea but also a really memorable experience, I graduated high school on 2015 and I wanted to attend San Diego State University right after leaving high school, but after viewing all price ranking and comparing I decided that SWC was the right choice for me. Not only prices are better and it gives the opportunity for low income students like myself, I will never regret attending Southwestern College because the education level is amazing and there is excellent professors that lead you to the right pathway for success. Not only that, but SWC is an amazing college that can make you feel right away at home, every faculty staff truly cares for the education of their students and they will do anything for us students to succeed. Southwestern Community College is where your pathway to succeed starts and where all of your educational questions will be answered.
My experience at southwestern so far is great. The teachers are great very concerned about their students. If you have a question and a problem they are available to you. The diversity of the school is good. You get to see different races and ages . Most of the classes i attended was successful because most of the teachers had an amazing personality. The amount of time they would go over the work was at a decent pace. Sometimes the teachers would get you extra credit so you can pass the class. The campus it’s self is beautiful. They just opened up an aquatics building and a fixing up the sports area. They extended the parking lot
I finished my first year at Southwestern and the College got good impressions from me. It helps to know that you have a great academic team behind you. At every moment by email or on campus you see information to each instantante about the services that you have as a student.
There were situations that complicated you but there were free services and programs that are of great help to you to be a better student. The facilities are very good and the green areas are large. There are many places where you can spend much of your free time, whether in the big football field, the three-story library building (with many services inside), the three cafeterias inside the school or the Student Union Center where there is a game of pool or video game, or whether sitting on the grass. I even feel safe because inside the school there are policemen circulating in their cars at all times and there are security systems.
Southwestern college, is the best community college in San Diego, offers an extensive variety of classes and having three different locations make it easier to attend school. However, some of the counselors are not well prepare and they do not help you to achieve your goal.
I love the arts department and how encouraging the professors are of all majors, not just the basic ones. There is a large population of color which is amazing for diversity and there is a lot of different people and cultures. My experience at SWC has so far been very beneficial, despite some problems. The campus stores are very expensive and they don't price or label their items and many places are quite dirty and unkempt but the janitorial faculty is excellent despite this and they do a very good job.
What I love about Southwestern College is the opportunities they provide for all students who wish to be involved and feel like a part of the community. It's easy to learn about the workings of the college and to take part in the decisions that impact the students.
Southwestern College, like any school, is what you make of it. It offers great resources to it's students.
Southwestern College has lots services to offer! For example, they have art gallery for free and its very interesting to see all the different art works people make. They also have online tutoring and in campus! and they also have a food bank, job fairs, a brand new gym, and a personal wellness programs.
I loved this college because it gave me the opportunity to engage in my community as well as develop my leadership skills.

The only recommendation would be to consider taking some courses at other colleges at the same time you're taking courses at SWC if they aren't offered there.
My experience with Southwestern community college was been very good. Its a good transition between high school and college if your not yet ready to take on a 4 year. It is good in that you can raise your Grade point average.
The professors and the personal are well prepared to lead the students to the next step in education, the university.
I do like the art department of southwestern college. Definitely some dedicated teachers. Especially Nikko and Marisol. If you study art at southwestern, consider taking their classes.
I really enjoy the staff at Southwestern College they are very helpful and nice to first year students and anyone who has questions. The campus is not that big so it is really easy to find your classes, the campus has pretty good food, there are food places across the street such as Starbucks, Jack in the box, Carls Jr, Jamba Juice, Subway, Mexican food, Chinese food, Ralphs and others.
Start Your Review of Southwestern College - California
This school is full of people with potential. The staff want its students to succeed and set them on the right path for excellence and acceleration.
Southwestern opened an opportunity for me to be able to study something amazing and well paid, without having to have gone to a lucrative university. There's something for everyone here, no matter what their interests may be. There is an excellent blend of cultures and people of all backgrounds which I sincerely think helps create a peaceful and productive atmosphere. I am personally trying to get a career in the medical field and I can only say good things about the college's medical program. I have worked with professors who have motivated me to give the best of myself and who have inspired me to continue pursuing my career goals. If you live in the San Diego area, I heavily recommend Southwestern College if you are looking for a community college that will help you find your path in life and succeed every step of the way.
I love my professors at Southwestern College. I like that the school is small and students are able to receive one on one help. Also, Southwestern offers almost every class and has different locations, as well as many programs to further education.