Overall Niche Grade
- Student LifeB+
Southwest Wisconsin Tech is an above-average public college located in Fennimore, Wisconsin. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 730 undergraduate students. The Southwest Wisconsin Tech acceptance rate is 100%. Popular majors include Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Paramedic), and Welding. Graduating 62% of students, Southwest Wisconsin Tech alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $28,600.
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.8 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.3 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.3 responses
Most Popular Majors
Nursing Assistant275 Graduates
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Paramedic)53 Graduates
Electrical Engineering Technician39 Graduates
Medical Assistant27 Graduates
Medical Insurance Coding19 Graduates
Automotive Mechanics18 Graduates
Dental Assisting14 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Day Care Services
- We don't have enough responses to know if students highly rate the athletics/recreation facilities.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students highly rate the dining facilities.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students highly rate the performing arts facilities.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Southwest Wisconsin Technical College
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
More opinions are needed to display this poll. Take our survey
Colleges like Southwest Wisconsin Technical College
- B+Western Technical College - Wisconsin
- 2 Year
- La Crosse, WI
- 201 reviews
- B-Blackhawk Technical College
- 2 Year
- Janesville, WI
- 107 reviews
- C+Madison Area Technical College
- 4 Year
- Madison, WI
- 632 reviews
- BUniversity of Wisconsin - Platteville
- 4 Year
- Platteville, WI
- 1,054 reviews
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College Reviews
Having gone to Southwest Technical College, I enjoyed the smaller classes so it was easier to connect with the instructors and get the help needed to succeed. However, some classes with certain instructors are a bit more challenging to complete as I feel the class was under prepared in certain areas to successfully pass the class. I have taken several classes with Southwest Technical College, and they for the most part have been very helpful in achieving my needs to successfully completing a class.
I am in Hybrid courses and the technology is very user friendly. When there have been issues with technology, the school’s technology staff have been quick and efficient in assisting us.
I am not only a 2nd year student here, I also work in the cafeteria. I lived in the housing for one semester last year and it went so well, I am returning for the full year. There has not been a party around here as far as my knowledge so it has been a wonderful time spent!