Southwest Tennessee Community College Reviews

All of my professors at Southwest were very helpful and thorough in the classes that they taught. My English professor and her co-workers were trying out this new program where everything they taught was from the internet. So we didn't have to buy books or any materials for the class. I really hope that they keep that program in place because it was really nice and convenient. It's also a very pretty campus, especially when it snows.
Have better advisors that can help student with correctvclasses to take. Different advisors telling me the wrong classes to take. Three different people with different advise about what vladses I need to take to enter my program. Putting me behind.
Although there is no campus living, Southwest offers a wide variety of majors and minors to indulge in. They are also adding new majors and courses as the years go. There are various campus activities throughout the year and even chances to participate in community service. The education offered here is suitable for any person wanting to obtain a degree. Southwest is a great choice overall for those looking for a diverse array of classes and small classes.
Start Your Review of Southwest Tennessee Community College
So far my experience has been great! No problems here! Best community college in Memphis. The people in the financial Dept have been really really helpful!
My experience at southwest has been great, the advisers are wonderful. The campus is clean and good security. It is a good learning environment and I like the class sizes.
my experience with Southwest was pleasant, I've spoken to the Advisers and the communication was wonderful. Campus is clean and the staff have great hospitality. I'm actually looking forward to Spring Semester. The only thing I would encourage Southwest to do, "keep up the good work."
What I like about Southwest Tennessee Community College is the multiple classes offered online for working adults or students out of state. What I would like to see changed is the efficiency of the processing of students information whether if it is applying to the college or following the steps to register for classes.
I attended this school back in my early 20s. It was a nice school, a good learning environment. I liked the class sizes and how the professors kept their focus on what we needed to learn.
So far I have seen many good things at Southwest Tennessee Community College. I have only attended the Macon Cove campus, however it is a good and well taken care of campus. Most of my advisers and teachers have been very good. The community is nice and many people communicate to solve problems. Overall, it is a great college.
Horrible service in financial aid (extremely rude financial aid advisors, academic advisors are very rude and you will pretty much never get anything done when it involves any worker at Southwest. Teachers are constantly telling you you’re a child & so young but then they love to say you’re an adult so you should be responsible. It’s very contradictory and exhausting. DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON SOUTHWEST. They are not worth the hassle. If anything GO TO U OF M. Where the financial aid is actually happy to help and doesn’t act like their life depends on making you miserable. SOUTHWEST IS TRASH ESPECIALLY MACON CAMPUS. THEY NEED TO FIRE ALL OF THE EMPLOYEES AND START OVER BECAUSE THIS SCHOOL DESERVES LESS THAN 1 star
Do to myself graduating as a freshmen, it's like i'm a ghost to certain people, i

mean i'm not here for friendship, i came here to play sports. Being i went to

summer school and the book simply said age doesn't matter if your student,

i'm now 28 and i hear i'm too old when Lebron James is 30+, at least that's

what the head women basketball coach said, here at Southwest Tennessee

Community College. I feel if i was in athletics, like i was in high school, this

would be a five star school, no question about!
Southwest is centered around money. Makes too many mistakes when money is involved. As for the teachers, we pay you to teach, not to tell us we are adults and already learned this. I have NEVER taken A&P in high school. If you are going to make it hard for us and tell us we should have already known this and you're not going over it, you should be teaching for free then. What are we paying you for? Let's not talk about the language barrier. I'm sorry, I never learned a foreign language either. These are the teachers that is making things hard. Southwest I'm pretty sure that they are aware of this issue. Like I said before, it's all about money. AVOID THIS SCHOOL BY ALL MEANS PLEASE! IF YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY, EDUCATION, AND FUTURE, DON'T DO IT!
very affordable education where you can transfer for a four year degree or finish in two years to start a career quicker. good place to start and find the direction you want to go. many classes that will transfer to a four year university.
What do I like about Southwest Tennessee Community College is that the professors like to take they time with you and help you pass the semester if you lacking on work and need help they advise you to tutors and they also will do anything to help. Southwest is divesity meaning theres is different races. What i dislike about southwest is that they really do not have many finanical aid workers.
Southwest Tennessee Community College has the potential of being a great school but the supporting staff isn’t very helpful at all. Most of the instructors are knowledgeable but seem to be there for the paycheck only.
Very unorganized during registration; unfriendly, uncaring, not interested in helping you get what you need just want to get rid of you and be on to the next person
I loved this college for what it was. It had its pros & cons. Cool students, cool instructors, but the staff in the financial aid office was very disorganized to me. A great place to start college and get your feet wet,. But, the staff in that financial aid office was always losing folks stuff (records, mailed transcripts, etc). Like I stated earlier, its a great place to start. I graduated, so hopefully, things have changed a little bit. But that was my experience.
Start Your Review of Southwest Tennessee Community College
Southwest TN is a good community college if you are a college student just trying to get some of your Gen Ed. courses out the way.
I have been a student at Southwest since August 2014, so I am going into my fifth year here. I have changed my major several times. Almost every teacher I have had during my time here have been awesome.
I love the atmosphere and how faculty does everything they can to help the student into college whether it is with admissions or financial or just to make them comfortable. I also like what the school offers such as book scholarships, counseling, housing, and transportation just to name a few.