Southwest Tennessee Community College Reviews

I love STCC! I’ve had some great professors that really care about my education and my future.Ive met a lot of great friends,teachers,and staff. It’s a very diverse and great school to be at and also very affordable!
This college was an amazing first step into advanced education for me and the experience was phenomenal. If I were given the opportunity to go back then I would. Those two years passed by within the blink of an eye because I enjoyed the college life, vast parking space, freedom of choice and decisions, and free activities randomly offered on campus. Parking was never a hassle and is located conveniently right next to whatever building you need to go to. Another reason why I love this college so much is because of the affordability of the classes, credits are transferable, classes are small, teachers are very thorough and have plenty of time for questions, and the convenience on everything being within walking distance. The only disadvantage I find is that the only food options were the cafeteria, bookstore, snack machines, or leave campus. Even though everything is great here, housing is nonexistent. Overall, STCC is an amazingly bundled experience and thriller.
I think that southwest is a good school. its just an average community college. Its really a peaceful environment.
Start Your Review of Southwest Tennessee Community College
When people hear the word community college, everybody makes the same expression. In the grand scheme is not all that bad. The professors care a lot about students success and want them to succeed.
I like the professors and the programs that Southwest offers. The students are very socially active and we all learn a lot from one another very well. I’ve met some very intelligent and talented people while at Southwest. I’ve learned a lot about growth and how to become successful .
With southwest, you get what you put in. If you take charge and make it known that you are serious about your education can future, then the faculty will help you out in whatever way possible.
Southwest is the best school. Southwest is a close institution. Southwest Tennessee Community College is a community college operated by the Tennessee Board of Regents in Memphis, Tennessee, USA. As the product of a merger between two colleges in 2000, the school has two campuses in Memphis and several satellite centers.
Like all colleges, they have their good moments and bad moments. For me those moments had to do with the run around with Cashier's office, for example if you went in today to see if you owe any amounts, they would say and then two weeks into the semester all of sudden you owe money. But in actuality I would say it is just in the matter of making sure that all the ducks in a row on both ends. The teachers and faculty are great and the school hours are very flexible. My overall experience there was great, i made some friends and it was a wonderful experience for college life.
There are a lot of two year degrees available. The advisors are very helpful. Admissions and Financial Aid offices do not seem to be very helpful. The Macon campus is very nice.
Southwest Tennessee Community is a great college for students that are comfortable with small classes which will prepare the students later for a University College. Southwest Tennessee Community College has some of the greatest teachers all we have to do is have a willing-mindset to reach our goal.
Southwest is a great option to come and have less stress than a four year degree. The school has a number of people willing to help you and all the professors want to see you succeed.
I love Southwest from the beginning they showed they cared and wanted to see me pass. The teachers where wonderful. If Southwest was a four year college I would love to stay I will miss it dearly.
My experience with Southwest has been good so far. I haven’t had any problems that’ll make me want to transfer. I like how Southwest is a more hands on learning experience things I’ll like to see change is for them to have more interest in the soccer program.
While going to Southwest it was the best experience I had. They throw different events so the students can stay active and feel welcomed, and they make sure each student knows what to do and whats going on. You feel safe at all times, and the teachers work with you no matter what the situation is.
I would like to see classes with older people in it.i feel like some my classes I was in most of the students had no respect for the older students in the professors was just as bad.in the advisor are never reachable in when you get them they have a altitudes all the time.some of the teachers put you on blast they doesn't care if this your first years or not they don't explain anything to you at all
My overall experience at Southwest has been a good one I learned a lot and going back to learn even more. I'm glad I chose Southwest to attend when I graduated high school 4 yrs ago.
Southwest is a decent community college. I think the saying "you get what you pay for" serves best here.
Start Your Review of Southwest Tennessee Community College
Southwest Community College is a great place to get your education. The advisors are very helpfull. The staff is polite and friendly.The proffesors are understanding and helpfull and are concerned with your goal of education. The food is wonderfull. Its a safe convinient location. They offer a viraity of classes.The campus is clean and safe.The buildings keept up well.Overall a wonderfull place to attend.
Southwest Tennesse Community College is a great school. The advisors are helpful and extremely nice. I really like how you can get tutoring help quick for your classes. One of the my dislikes is that they do not have certain programs like Veterinary technology. The other dislike of mine is that they are slow on updating accounts. They also do not have college based housing and renting some place safe is expensive.
Freshman in college on TN PROMISE scholarship. Pretty much worth the free year. Only downside was the facilities surroundings on Macon rd. There was a strip club across the street, a health center, many overused motels for sex, and a prison all on the same street. On the plus side there was multiple vending machines although the game rooms and cafes were practically nonexistent and the teachers barely taught lessons. Best money I never spent.