Southwest Tennessee Community College Reviews

I loved this college for what it was. It had its pros & cons. Cool students, cool instructors, but the staff in the financial aid office was very disorganized to me. A great place to start college and get your feet wet,. But, the staff in that financial aid office was always losing folks stuff (records, mailed transcripts, etc). Like I stated earlier, its a great place to start. I graduated, so hopefully, things have changed a little bit. But that was my experience.
Southwest TN is a good community college if you are a college student just trying to get some of your Gen Ed. courses out the way.
I have been a student at Southwest since August 2014, so I am going into my fifth year here. I have changed my major several times. Almost every teacher I have had during my time here have been awesome.
Start Your Review of Southwest Tennessee Community College
I love the atmosphere and how faculty does everything they can to help the student into college whether it is with admissions or financial or just to make them comfortable. I also like what the school offers such as book scholarships, counseling, housing, and transportation just to name a few.
I absolute love Southwest Tn Community College. It is a great school filled with so many positive people. Instructors made me feel welcome and at home the first mintue I stepped inside the classroom. I learned so much from all my teachers. Without them beimg there for me, I wouldnt be where i am today. My support system at Southwest was Amazing. They stood behind me every step of the way with so much encouragement. Because of that, I will continue to work hard and complete my next two years strong at a 4 year institution.
The professors seem to know how to engage with their students accordingly and can often times help them achieve the goals they are struggling with. The advisers and financial aids offices need a little more communication on their students and what has been done and needs to be done before a meeting is in session with the students; it would help things move a little faster.
Southwest has a wide variety of degrees and certificates you can choose from. Depending on the campus you attend, it can range from very safe to fairly safe. For the most part the professors are great and very helpful, they really try their best to make sure their students succeed and understand what is going on. Their academic center is hands down great! They have FREE tutoring sessions throughout the week, including Saturday. All of these tutors have a degree and are VERY helpful. They have not only helped me become successful, but many other students their service. The classrooms are up to date and the campuses are very clean for the most part. I felt safe being on the main campus because of the amount of security on campus. I do recommend future students or transfer students to attend Southwest because it won't burn a hole in your financial budget, and the professors and staff make you feel at home.
I love STCC! I’ve had some great professors that really care about my education and my future.Ive met a lot of great friends,teachers,and staff. It’s a very diverse and great school to be at and also very affordable!
This college was an amazing first step into advanced education for me and the experience was phenomenal. If I were given the opportunity to go back then I would. Those two years passed by within the blink of an eye because I enjoyed the college life, vast parking space, freedom of choice and decisions, and free activities randomly offered on campus. Parking was never a hassle and is located conveniently right next to whatever building you need to go to. Another reason why I love this college so much is because of the affordability of the classes, credits are transferable, classes are small, teachers are very thorough and have plenty of time for questions, and the convenience on everything being within walking distance. The only disadvantage I find is that the only food options were the cafeteria, bookstore, snack machines, or leave campus. Even though everything is great here, housing is nonexistent. Overall, STCC is an amazingly bundled experience and thriller.
I think that southwest is a good school. its just an average community college. Its really a peaceful environment.
When people hear the word community college, everybody makes the same expression. In the grand scheme is not all that bad. The professors care a lot about students success and want them to succeed.
I like the professors and the programs that Southwest offers. The students are very socially active and we all learn a lot from one another very well. I’ve met some very intelligent and talented people while at Southwest. I’ve learned a lot about growth and how to become successful .
With southwest, you get what you put in. If you take charge and make it known that you are serious about your education can future, then the faculty will help you out in whatever way possible.
Southwest is the best school. Southwest is a close institution. Southwest Tennessee Community College is a community college operated by the Tennessee Board of Regents in Memphis, Tennessee, USA. As the product of a merger between two colleges in 2000, the school has two campuses in Memphis and several satellite centers.
Like all colleges, they have their good moments and bad moments. For me those moments had to do with the run around with Cashier's office, for example if you went in today to see if you owe any amounts, they would say and then two weeks into the semester all of sudden you owe money. But in actuality I would say it is just in the matter of making sure that all the ducks in a row on both ends. The teachers and faculty are great and the school hours are very flexible. My overall experience there was great, i made some friends and it was a wonderful experience for college life.
There are a lot of two year degrees available. The advisors are very helpful. Admissions and Financial Aid offices do not seem to be very helpful. The Macon campus is very nice.
Southwest Tennessee Community is a great college for students that are comfortable with small classes which will prepare the students later for a University College. Southwest Tennessee Community College has some of the greatest teachers all we have to do is have a willing-mindset to reach our goal.
Start Your Review of Southwest Tennessee Community College
Southwest is a great option to come and have less stress than a four year degree. The school has a number of people willing to help you and all the professors want to see you succeed.
I love Southwest from the beginning they showed they cared and wanted to see me pass. The teachers where wonderful. If Southwest was a four year college I would love to stay I will miss it dearly.
My experience with Southwest has been good so far. I haven’t had any problems that’ll make me want to transfer. I like how Southwest is a more hands on learning experience things I’ll like to see change is for them to have more interest in the soccer program.