Southside Virginia Community College Reviews

SVCC is a wonderful place to transition to a 4 year college, especially if you are uncertain of a definite career. The entire staff is so friendly, helpful and cheerful. The college is smaller and more personable than a large University, this helps me to prepare and get excited about my transfer and my future! I truly love all the professors and everyone who works there. The campus is beautiful and many community events takes place there. It has been my pleasure to attend and I am blessed for this opportunity located near my home town. SVCC was also chosen for financial purposes , because money for college is a struggle. I am excited to get started this semester and see what the year has in store for me. My first year ended with a 3.75gpa and I will strive to do even better!
Southside Virginia Community college is easy and convenient to apply to. The joint campuses that they have is great as well because it cuts down on traveling expenses for those that do not live in the Keysville and Alberta area. If anyone was looking at this school as a choice of colleges to attend I would definitely recommend it. The faculty are awesome. SVCC offers free tutoring, how better can that be. Awesome school with awesome staff
I go to the SVCC in Alberta. Although it's a bit of drive from where I live, the mileage is worth everything! I absolutely love the campus. There's a tennis court open to students anytime, the pond is a perfect place to study under warm weather, and our hiking trail involves some of our most exciting adventures. Parking is simple (no fee necessary), thus you won't have to fight over a space. It also has free internet. A major plus, in my mind that is.

My only negative thoughts I have about SVCC involves the variety. There are only a few classes and clubs to choose from. When I first looked at the list, I was very disappointed SVCC didn't have a chess club or something else that attracted me. I ended up in the Environmental club, which is fine. I just wish there was more so I can increase my pallet.
Review Southside Virginia Community College
I go to SVCC through dual enrollment and it has helped drastically in my college career, and prepared me for my future well.
I like the food and the atmosphere here. I would love to have a nicer areas to hang out in the break room.
It's is an amazing school. The professors are there for their students. Learning the always the first priority. The cafe has great food. Sails will make sure they keep you on tract wether you're doing great or not doing such a hot job.
It was good, I did have to have a tutor for a while though
They have an R.N. program which is exelant!
They are very helpful and they care.
It's always challenging, but worth it.
Everyone cares about you and about your grades. There is free tutoring which is a great help!
It's okay, but the financial department needs to regulate more of a breakdown on student tuttion.
The professors at my school is good, they have mostly everything on the student portal. The registration process is alil bit confussion but it gets better with more staff.
No matter what class you have to take they work with and if don't understand they have tutors for you.They always have best advise when choosing your class that you want to do and in enough time to go to other class if have one.
The libraries will assistant you with anything you have questions on and also the student center is quiet for you to study and get thing done ,and they always have some activities you can join and this great small community college to attend.
Eventhought our school is small and the class sizes are even smaller, we have a diversity of student from college bound to those that want to go straight into the workforce.
This past year I was able to take college classes early. Adminstration was very helpful in getting me registered.
Review Southside Virginia Community College
My school is close to home and in a safe neighborhood. It is a small school with only 96 students in the high school. We are all like family.
Love my school! I have learned a lot!
You can only print a limited amount and then you have to pay