Southern Virginia University Reviews

I like the class room sizes . I also like that the teacher can be one on one with you.That they can send you out into the world ready for work. I wouldn't change anything
This school is the single most important that got into medical school and I am now a physician because of it. The academics are incredible. At times as a student I felt the school was too academically rigorous; I now see the benefit that rigor had in my academic development. I have also seen great improvement in the way the honor code is interpreted and enforced in comparison to how it was when I was a student. They have changed to avoid judgement and allow for more personal expression.
SVU is a great school. The teachers are helpful and it's very easy to get help and pass classes.
It is a religious school and you have to live by their standards, which includes a dress code and strict housing policy. It seeps into personal lifestyle and it's a very hard environment to live in if you do not adhere to that belief system. I would not recommend the school to anyone who is not LDS. However, if you are I cannot think of a better more friendly and supportive environment to earn a Bachelors.
I think it would be a better, more accessible school if there wasn't such a strict honor code. As is the case on most campuses, partying will happen, despite the restrictions. And rape does occur, but in cases where alcohol is involved women do not come forward because of the added fear of getting suspended or expelled because the broke the honor code. I'd like to see a more open door policy, so students can feel at ease when reporting sexual assault, or abuse of any kind.
Review Southern Virginia University
Southern Virginia university is a hidden treasure among Latter-day Saint communities. While it holds the same standards as utah's BYU, the small student body and the liberal arts experience allow for effective professor-student relationships and a personalized four years.
SVU is awesome. I am amazed everyday of the opportunities and the desire for greatness that the campus brings. Everyone is so freindly and the professors are awesome!
My experience at SVU has been a fruitful experience. The professors are eager to engage into conversations of immense depth and meaning. The assignments that I have received have pushed me to new limits toward sharpening my work ethic. The school continues diligently to establish a solid program and they are heading in the right direction. For anyone looking for a positive environment founded on faith I say come join with us.
SVU has an absolutely stunning campus and the college community is friendly and hard working. The music program, which is one I have been looking into a lot of recent, and interested in pursuing, is very professional, and willing to answer any questions, and invest time and effort into bringing hard working and talented students into their program. I am impressed with the quality of the student participation in answering questions specific to the music department, or questions about the general campus and living. Quality of professors is very high, and I have talked to some of them on a personal basis, and they too are willing to invest time into encouraging and helping students. Overall, a wonderful University, and I would proudly say, whether this was anonymous or not, that I consider this University one of the highest of its kind in the nation.
Southern Virginia University is a historical campus overlooking the charming small town of Buena Vista. Classes are intimate and the professors have a good relationship with each of their students. There are a wide variety of clubs, such as Mixed Martial Arts, The SVU Underground, The choir group, "Fading Point", the comedy troupe, "Shenanigans", and much more. Performances put on by the students are remarkable and professional. 95% of the student body identifies as Christian and Sundays are observed with church services and hymns. I would like to see more affordable tuition so that the students can keep coming to this wonderful campus to study and grow.
Great growing school with lots of exciting things happening! This has been the perfect place for me to learn how to think and learn how to be accountable for my own success. This is a place where people come to thrive
Fantastic School. I'm a senior and I have loved the quality education I have received and the opportunity to participate in multiple meaningful extra-curriculars. I am a full-time student involved in the men's tennis team, student-athlete advisory committee, and part time work at the school doing actual work in the business world. The Professors are incredible. I literally texted 2 of my professors last week to ask for help on homework problems and they helped me. They actually care about you, your education, and your future opportunities. I would recommend it to anyone. Students are also nice, lots of LDS kids.
SVU is definitely growing so it has a ton of potential.
We have a high rate of graduating students and the career center works hard to help the students get jobs during and after college and advance onto grad schools.
It's a small town. so not much goes on and everyone looks out for each other. If you don't feel comfortable walking home or anywhere on campus, there is a shuttle and campus security sometimes picks you up.
They know me by name and are extremely helpful in all that I do.
Little different because it is so small.
Safest community in the state of Virginia.
I like it. Good space and good place to live.
Review Southern Virginia University
It's a very small school so the facilities are not the best.
I absolutely love the work the teachers put into teaching and helping the students succeed.
I haven't really looked into a job on campus. I have a job off-campus.