Southern Virginia University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.23 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.26 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.26 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.24 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.33 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.16 responses
Southern Virginia University Reviews
Southern Virginia is a great school that enables you to meet many people and get to know them personally because of its small class sizes. Professors are more than happy to help students with questions about assignments, tests, and school in general. Because the class sizes are few, you are able to get to know your professors on a personal level and it makes the classes more enjoyable. If your looking for a school that has good moral values and a friendly environment, Southern Virginia University is perfect!
I love the campus at Southern Virginia University. The campus is comfortable and student friendly, a really great environment for all. If you're looking for a better teacher to student ratio or for greater understanding of each subject because of all of the one-on-one time with the teachers. The staff seems to really care about each of the students. One of my favorite parts is the nature around the campus, its very peaceful. Its perfect for studying, relaxing, and pondering about everything and anything. Its a college that adjusts to people and their needs and likes. This is the campus and college for everybody and I truly believe that.
During my first experience here, I thought of Southern Virginia University as a "settling" school; the only reason I was there was because I had missed the deadlines for all the better colleges. Many of my complaints regarding the school still stand: the campus is small; the food is inconsistent at best, and the school's budget does not yet allow for a staggering variety of majors and minors. However, I have come to realize that SVU has something going for it that very few private universities can claim: the faculty cares. They really do. I have had maybe one experience thus far where I struggled in a class due to lack of cooperation from a professor. I also cannot understate that it is thrilling to be a part of a college that is growing this rapidly. I really feel as though I'm helping to build something huge. As far as small liberal arts colleges go, Southern Virginia is just about as good as it gets.