Southern University at New Orleans Reviews

Everyone was so helpful and understanding! They made me feel wanted and accepted there! The encouraged me to go higher.
I believe that Southern University at New Orleans is one of the greatest things to ever happen to me. It has given me the opportunity to gain a wealth of experience as well as great education.
The advisors are very helpful and want to see you succeed. The TRIO Program is awesome! As an older student, my experience is different from the younger students. However, I've had a good experience.
Start Your Review of Southern University at New Orleans
I love my SUNO. When you get to know the staff, you feel like it’s a family. I can’t wait to see the new buildings open up in the upcoming semesters!
I love the classes. Each class is about 30-40 people and it makes it more one on one with the professor. Housing is really nice, I meet new people everyday. I would like suno to put up bigger signs or add more signs on campus, I always get lost looking for the brown building, but the brown building is really the old science building.
I attended this college 2011-2012, i didn't really like it. It was very unorganized, and alot of the professors didn't teach. The on campus housing was over priced,i was moved from dorm to dorm the whole semester because of pest controll issues. It just seem liked everything was thrown together. The only thing i enjoy was the extracurricular activities, you know, the fun stuff. Thats the only things they seemed to have been organized.
There is always something for you to do there. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help you. All the teacher want to see you suceed. There's nothing better than that. Also a lot of scholarship opportunities.
The atmosphere is great! The administrators are more like family. The institution is more concerned with you understanding the information in which you are being taught. The classes are small, which makes each class more engaging and personal. Instructors are available during their office hours to assist you if need be. The instructors are SUPER helpful. As long as you put forth effort as a student you will do well at the institution. I recommend anyone going to this university or any others to stay at one institution all four years. They say transferring an Associate's degree is easy, but it's not. Staying at one institution will help the student become molded with the proper mindset of one institution. I enjoy the people and am excited about my future upon graduation from SUNO!
My overall experience has been awesome. I love how the professors really care about the course they are teaching. They also offer extra help and one on one with students that need help. The only thing i would like to change is that everyone who does not live on campus has to purchase $125 in cafe cash. It is not beneficial to someone who takes online classes or off campus classes.
Sports life is nit very popular
Suno is the working person University
I have encountered some great professors at this university. I have also learn a lot in the courses I have taken. I just wish they were more courses offered during the semesters. The class styles are mainly small it's rare you have a large class. The style of the class are great m.
After I recieve my degree I'm not sure what type of opportunities may be presented to me. It's not many opportunities for internships here. I rarely here students speak of getting internships. Since I have been attending school here I have not encountered one job fair or employers recruiting here on campus. We don't have a career center to help us with job placement or services. We are definitely lacking one for the students who attend school here. Their is no alumni network. However, the alumni is not strong.
I rarely see campus police visible. If something would happened or take place they are not around to help.
No Greek housing is available to Greek students.

Their is so social empowerment because it is hard to find a Greek on campus. I'm looking to pledge and I don't know how to go about it because I never encounter any Greek students. I don't even know how to begin or have anyone to speak with on how to go about on how to pledging to the sorority I'm looking forward to pledging with in the future.
My overall experience has been a great one. I have encounter some great encouraging professors. I haven't met any classmates because the students are not as friendly and approachable as you would think so in meeting. It's like everyone is for themselves. But, I guess this is because half the percentage of the school commute and they are natives of the city of the school we attend.
Our school does not have a football team. However, we do have a basketball team. We do have a homecoming week with a little celebration around campus for the students. It's not as big as major universities. The sporting part is not major around campus as it is at other school. It's pretty quiet around campus when it come to sports. Maybe because it's enrollment is not a large percentage.
Start Your Review of Southern University at New Orleans
The classes are not offended the way you need them because of the lack of facilities
Lack of communication, they take things personally to me and hold grudges. I'm a student but we're all adults, be a teacher, leader and professional and do your job so I can do mine affectivly
Not sure didn't graduate yet, never seen them do anything so I really don't know