Southern University at New Orleans Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.15 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.17 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.17 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies50 Graduates
Business Administration and Management45 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services42 Graduates
Substance Abuse and Addiction Counseling24 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities22 Graduates
Medical Records Administration18 Graduates
Family and Community Services16 Graduates
Information Studies12 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.20 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.17 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.9 responses
Southern University at New Orleans Reviews
The one thing I like the most is how my adviser we always take the time out his busy schedule and help me prepare my schedule for each semester and also giving me insight on why he choose the profession he is in and which direction I should take with a psychology degree. The only thing I dislike the reconstruction that is going on right now, but other then that I love it!
The atmosphere is great! The administrators are more like family. The institution is more concerned with you understanding the information in which you are being taught. The classes are small, which makes each class more engaging and personal. Instructors are available during their office hours to assist you if need be. The instructors are SUPER helpful. As long as you put forth effort as a student you will do well at the institution. I recommend anyone going to this university or any others to stay at one institution all four years. They say transferring an Associate's degree is easy, but it's not. Staying at one institution will help the student become molded with the proper mindset of one institution. I enjoy the people and am excited about my future upon graduation from SUNO!
I like that it is a small college so, the teachers are very hands-on with the students. Because it's so small, most of the buildings are within walking distance. Southern University at New Orleans was damaged during Hurricane Katrina and many of the buildings were severely damaged; consequently, FEMA has given our school millions of dollars to build brand new, state of the art buildings. Beng that it is a state school, state funding has been getting cut and making the everyday task more difficult because of the shortest of staff and supplies.