Southern University & A&M College Reviews

Southern is a lively school that connects each and every student to the campus. We are very well educated about campus policies, help out areas, and any general information that keeps us engaged in extracurricular activity and academics. Professors here are very kind and help you to succeed no matter what obstacles you may face. Southern is a family and any student of any background would absolutely love it here.
Overall, Southern University is a really good place to earn a college degree. The setback for this university is the really old buildings. A tad bit of remodeling would take this school from “average” to “excellent”!
Southern University has changed my life in so many ways. Such a family oriented school! The professor are easy to talk to and you get more of a closer relationship with them. The campus life is always fun, from homecoming to spring fest it is always LIT. Our Greek life is always informing us on new things and health care to.
Start Your Review of Southern University & A&M College
I really like the environment sometimes, theirs days you might be stressed out and it'll be something going on, on campus that you can go to and clear your head. If i could change something it would be the communication between the clubs and scholarships and opportunities going around. If you're not in the mix, you never really hear about anything.
I liked that everyone was friendly and you could help one another. One thing i think could change is , they can have more educational activities.
Southern University and A&M College is a public institution that was founded in 1880. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 5,347, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 964 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. Southern University and A&M College's ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities South, Tier 2. Its in-state tuition and fees are $9,332 (2016-17); out-of-state tuition and fees are $19,332 (2016-17).
I’ve had a good experience going to this school. They have a great law and nursing school program. The administration makes you feel welcome and the professors I’ve had have been helpful.
What I like about Southern is that in each department there is some type of club you can join and find out more information about your major. What they need to improve on is campus parking lots and area of parking, along with the walking area at SU from class to class.
I think Southern should clean house, get rid o all the old faculty and put in new young, vibrant workers with better attitudes who actually want to help
i love the atmosphere at southern. the people are very friendly and the place is beautiful. however the administration is not very efficient for me. I find them not very active
It's a really good atmosphere, and the campus is nice. The band is really awesome. The food is really good.

One of the best things about this school is that it's not hard to get into.
My best experience with SUBR has been my involvement with the research center ICITD (International Center for Information Technology and Development)
I like how Southern makes you feel at home with everyone being so close like a family. Especially the cafeteria workers they make it seem like home. I would like it if they would give everyone a chance at getting books instead of just rushing into school.
At Southern University College, you feel like you are at home. You get to meet a great team of staff members and the students welcome you with a great atmosphere.
I have visited the Southern University & A&M College on separate occasions. Each time I've went, i enjoyed the scenery. The staff members were nice and friendly. The dorm rooms were clean and comforting. The campus had everything I needed. I do not seek to see any changes about the campus.
It was a great experience of my life. The music and atmosphere was amazing! The band and football team are awesome. A very different experience because it is hbcu. Financial aid is ruff getting in could have been better. Great party life but don't do too much. Food was great on campus and the campus is constantly growing. Plenty of diversity and student life is great. There are plenty of improvements being made to this HBCU.
Good school , hard to register when you are an out of state student.They had a block on my registration ,making it hard to get in on time. ALL the classes were full. Southern needs to give transfer and first time students enough time to get their classes before kicking them out for not registrating on time
Start Your Review of Southern University & A&M College
It was a great experience of my life. The music and atmosphere was amazing! The band and football team are awesome. A very different experience because it is hbcu. Financial aid is ruff getting in could have been better. Great party life but don't do too much. Food was great on campus and the campus is constantly growing. Plenty of diversity and student life is great. Some of the incoming freshman professors were horrible. Which will make academics hard, watch out. But once your in your program of choice it great. Campus is normally safe.
Southern University is a very fun and friendly environment. There are many professor's willing to teach one on one which is great for further success.
It's open and have something for everyone. Professor are willing to be hands on and are extremely helpful. The energy and spirt of the campus is exstatic. Dorms are kind of small but Managable. Parties are amazing. They school dedicated a whole app to help wth safety. Campus food is amazing especially in Mayberry. Southern is the best. I bleed Gold and Blue.