Southern University & A&M College Reviews

The thing I enjoy most about the university is the culture and the friendly people. However, I would love to see the campus more clean and the food to be more healthy.
My experience at Southern University is eventful. There is always something going on. Southern University is the best University to attend, even bough I would make changes to the University. I would like to see better road ways, dormitories, and transportation system.
I love the professors, but administration has to change. The students voices are not being listened to when it comes to what we need in the departments.
Start Your Review of Southern University & A&M College
I like the fact that Southern University allows African American students prosper not only as individuals but as well as a community. Southern offers a wide range of fields that one can go into including one of the nations top nursing programs. I also like the fact that Southern offers student advisors to that communicate with every student letting them know what might be best for our academic future. Something that I personally would like to see change is the pavement of the streets that lead to the dorms. There are a lot of pots holes and bumps down those streets and imperfections like that can cause extreme damage to student’s cars. That is my ratings about Southern University.
I like the professors. I'm nontraditional student so I need more evening classes available. Southern College of Business doesn't offer many evening classes.
Southern University is a wonderful school, and I recommend that everyone should attend or visit the school.
My experience consists mainly of be being involved with the band during the fall semesters. The food is okay. They definitely better academic programs. The entire administration needs to be looked into. The entire campus needs to be renovated. The dorms and the campus housing needs to be completely destroyed and rebuilt. The students really don’t want to eat the campus food. I’ve had a very challenging time since I been there a lot of issues with financial aid even though I always have my information together and fill out things ahead of time. Being in the marching band is the only thing that makes my experience attending Southern worth it.
I am currently transferring to this university because of how nice, helpful, and close to home everyone is. It's great to be in an environment with others that can relate to your lifestyle as well as your struggles. I have been welcomed with open arms & was checked on frequently throughout the transfer process and I am loving it so far.
My experience has been exfoliating. My peers look up to me and I feel appreciated because we help each other. I think we need to have more professors who are passionate by teaching.
The Southern University is a great HBCU. The professors there really help you understand the material at hand. They will also have one on one meetings with you to make sure you know and understand the material and projects. The party scene is wonderful. The campus is very beautiful and clean.
So far I'm having a great experience at Southern University. The professors are great. The people are great. The living style needs to be improved, but overall its a great experience.
I LOVED SU! Best decision I've ever made. The people that I met there were beyond amazing! The parties were cool but it wasn't a party school in my eyes. The professors within the Criminal Justice Department were very compassionate when it came to their students. The campus is BEAUTIFUL! The food was iight at best. Boley hall forever ever 💙💛
My experience so far has been a very good one. Everyone ok the campus is friendly and is always quick to help you find what you need.
I’ve been looking foward to attending this school since i was born it’s an amazing school that has oh so much to offer, my whole family has spent their whole lives trying to do what they can to assure that i get into this school.
Southern University Baton Rouge is one of the best HBCUs ever. All of the professors that I’ve had thus far make sure that the students understand the work that is given. They continuously ask if anyone has questions. College is tough overall, I think it’s wonderful that the percentage of nursing student passing the NCLEX-RN is very high. Considering that nursing is one of the hardest majors and SUBR is known for having the best nursing school in the state of La. I’m very proud of my university.
Hello, my personal overall experience here at Southern University A&M College has been average. I really blame myself i'm more of an homebody so I stay to myself and in my dorm. The schools academic work is great you learn a lot and my professors are excellent. SouthernU offers many opportunities to get involved in campus which is great! The cafeteria food is disgusting I dislike going to the cafe.
Knowledgeable instructors. Accessible resources. Customer service within the offices of the not the best but overall good college experience.
Start Your Review of Southern University & A&M College
I like that my school is very small so everyone is involved. I love my department we are involved as well as others. Our advisors do a great job with guiding us in the right direction as far as our career and keeping our GPA up!! I would love to see southerns WiFi change. Each building should have its our WiFi. I only suggest that because the WiFi connects runs slow or even stops and no one is able to finish assignments, teach class, or do test.
My experience with Southern University and A&M College is overall excellent. Everyday I meet new and friendly people. The teachers are wonderful at their jobs, they make sure that we understand the material and we are efficient with our work. Southern's staff are very kind. Southern has been a great school to be at.
I think that Southern is a great place to go to school and that everyone is very active in something. The reason I would like to go is just because unlike a lot of schools it doesn't just focus all of it's time and on one thing it's very well rounded .