High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.59 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.60 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.60 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies66 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities45 Graduates
Business Administration and Management36 Graduates
Family Studies and Consumer Sciences36 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.72 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.86 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.36 responses
Southern University & A&M College Reviews
It was a great experience of my life. The music and atmosphere was amazing! The band and football team are awesome. A very different experience because it is hbcu. Financial aid is ruff getting in could have been better. Great party life but don't do too much. Food was great on campus and the campus is constantly growing. Plenty of diversity and student life is great. Some of the incoming freshman professors were horrible. Which will make academics hard, watch out. But once your in your program of choice it great. Campus is normally safe.
Overall, Southern University is a really good place to earn a college degree. The setback for this university is the really old buildings. A tad bit of remodeling would take this school from “average” to “excellent”!
Southern University has changed my life in so many ways. Such a family oriented school! The professor are easy to talk to and you get more of a closer relationship with them. The campus life is always fun, from homecoming to spring fest it is always LIT. Our Greek life is always informing us on new things and health care to.