Southern State Community College Reviews

Overall, the campuses aren't bad and everyone is nice and here to help you. However, some procedures seem questionable. For example, for a computer class, the college keeps the rates down by not including the cost for a software into the course. So you're left trying to find funding to buy this software when you find out you need it on the first day of classes. I was once told that I had to buy VISA gift cards from the bookstore in order to use financial aid to pay for the software.
Would be nice if school offered business and basic classes on Saturdays to help the working students. Not all classes are avalable after 5.oo or 6.00pm. Classes are small and most teachers are good.
Small class sizes which allow for more teacher interaction. Very affordable and close to home. Schedules are very easy to work around in order to hold a job.
Start Your Review of Southern State Community College
I have previously enrolled in southern state community college. I am very excited with classes they offer. I am attending business.
Southern State community college is a great choice because they help with all areas and catogories. They will set you up with meeting to plan your financial aspect as well as making sure you will receive the right course for you.
Southern State is a great and outstanding Community College. Its a college that not only reaches out to freshman students but also students that are in High school and want to start their college career early! I started Southern State my Senior year of high school and have loved every minute of it. Not only is it superior education, the staff and professors are exceptional. The environment at Southern State Community College is great, you always help if you need it and support from everyone!
I have had a great experience as a student at Southern State Community College. The faculty members are eager to help you reach your educational goals and the majority of the professors know what they're doing. I have greatly expanded my academic horizons and improved my study skills here in the comfort of my local area. I benefited especially from the math classes because they were a much greater challenge than what those I experienced while in high school. Additionally, the class sizes are usually no larger than 20. I would definitely recommend this school for College Credit Plus students as they are well-acquainted with this program and tailor their classes to it.
Southern State Community College is more than I had ever expected it to be. The professors and administrators have exceeded my expectations and my time at the college has only gotten better. The college does a good job of notifying the students of any activities they may wish to participate in, or about scholarships and tutoring sessions they may attend. I honestly only see the college growing bigger, and not much needs to change. The classes are great, the environment on each campus is great, and it is a good school to start off on. I am glad to be a part of such a well organized and sought out school.
Southern State Community College is located in 5 different smaller cities in southern Ohio. This provides the opportunity to enjoy smaller class sizes for a more personal educational experience. It offers a wide variety of degree and certificate programs as well as a transfer program.
Staff was always friendly and nice! I loved the close, community feeling it gave to the students. Even though I took classes as a high school student, the students were very welcoming and I was not treated differently by anyone. The staff was always very helpful whenever they were needed, they always went out of their way to help us. The teachers always made it super easy to get in contact with them and they always responded to their emails and questions in a timely manner.
I liked that most of the classes are pretty easy, or at least easy to get help in even if you don't understand the material. What I would like to see change is more teaching from the actual teachers, instead of having to have fellow students help you with your questions.
The academics here are not challenging. There are also certain professors who display clear bias in their grading, but it is hard to find any college without those kinds of professors. There is very little diversity, but the students and faculty are friendly. I have never felt unsafe while attending this college. The college offers many courses online, which is helpful if you are trying to earn a degree while working. If you find yourself busy with a career, family, or both, and won’t have much time for studying, then this college would probably be a good match for you.
The availability of evening classes made schooling convenient for the working class.
The majority of my professors were amazing.
The degrees are valuable if planning on transferring.
The workload is manageable. The instructors are understanding and cooperative.
Southern State is a great small community college with excellent student to teacher ratio for a more indivualized education.
Offer a wide variety of classes at different times so you can easily work around your schedule.
Start Your Review of Southern State Community College
There is hardly ever peer to peer interaction. There is a wide variety of online classes offered and they are really flexible.
The school really helps you be prepared for real life.
Your can go many different directions with a degree from this school.