Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Reviews

1,472 reviews
I have not even started classes at SIUE, but can already tell they are full of a very unorganized staff. If I had a choice on where to go this semester it would NOT be here. I applied in October for the next semester (Spring 2019). After receiving my acceptance letter and student ID number I called to make my advising apt. They told me I was a "visiting student" and to reapply, I did and called again the next week I was STILL a visiting student and the student worker told me the only thing I could do was reapply. I APPLIED A TOTAL OF 4 TIMES, completing the application 4 different times because the faculty members told me that was the only thing that could be done. To this day I still HAVE NOT seen an academic advisor because I had to start the process all over again... Do NOT give your money to this school if you have the choice, very unorganized staff.
Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville has a great campus environment. Not only is it beautiful, but it is also welcoming as many students and staff are willing to help out.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is in the perfect location, with being only 30 minutes from St.Louis, Missouri and surrounding be the perfect town. The students are very friendly and the teachers are very accommodating. The campus is a little spread out but it is the perfect scenery, you can find deer wandering around the campus at any time of the day. The night life is quiet on the weekdays.
Start Your Review of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
I love the beautiful campus, and friendly staff. The campus offers a ton of ways to get involved, and there are always different events happening throughout the year.
I love SIUE! The campus is not only one of the largest in the country but also one of the prettiest. Instead of being part of a town, it's secluded from it. It's also only a five minute drive to the local town from the center of campus! It has been ranked one of the safest schools in the country as well! The professors are almost all encouraging and the students all seem happy. I think the parking price needs to be changed, but it's about the only downfall of the school!
I met students who attended SIUE and gave me a tour of the class rooms, dorms, after school activities basically the whole campus and let me know how college works, the financials statements, keeping organize, time management, study works, and having time for your self. I even met professor at SIUE and he he gave me basically a whole break down on how to make it in college and just being there seeing how the students and professors were willing to converse with me about things like that made me feel welcomed and loved
SIUE is a good school with many clubs organizations and activities to be a part of while having a rather cheap cost compared to other universities. There are some issues with sexual assault and racism that continue to be worked out. However, it's a good environment with good people and connections.
I liked everything, very diversified and a lot of people who are willing to help you along the journey of your years in SIUE. The professors are also nice and relaxed and makes you feel comfortable, especially for upcoming freshman’s like myself.
SIUE is an enormous and diverse school. You won't want for anything on campus: If you can think of something, they have it. The buildings and facilities are state of the art, and the professors are genuinely awesome people. The class sizes are relatively small for the school, so you feel like you're getting the most out of your experience.
Long story short, if you can afford to go somewhere else PLEASE DO. SIUE wants to be a great university and could be but they're simply not. It's a VERY cliquey atmosphere and most people only socialize with those they know. This campus is not nearly as friendly as they advertise themselves to be. There is so much more I could say and so much that I won't. The bottom line is SIUE is nothing like it is in the brochures, commercials and other advertisements. Please consider all of your options equally before deciding to come here. Save yourself the headache.
I love the campus at SIUE, it is so full of wildlife and design. Every building is fairly new and the campus itself is very clean. The only thing I would like to see change at SIUE is more greeklife and campus housing.
Nice campus with beautiful scenery, good professors and plenty of activities to be a part of. One of the things that could be changed is to update the materials used for class advising.
Nothing i love the place as a whole after my first year there. Nice places to eat and a gym to work out at.
SIUE is a wonderful place to earn your bachelor degree. It is a safe environment with lots of parking. The professors are experienced and knowledgeable. My four years went by quick with ease.
This college helps you succeed. What i like most about this college is that if you are feeling behind they have so many resolutions help you soar.
Pretty good school. I enjoy! The food is also good and the academic life is great. The only thing is they don't have and football team so there's only basketball games. The campus itself is pretty well kept as well as the dorms. The safety around the campus is good too I never felt unsafe before.
What I love about SIUE is how easy it is to get involved! There are lots of clubs to get involved in. I also like the size of the campus....it's not to big or too small.
Start Your Review of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
I really loved that it was very affordable and they offered my major which is Exercise Science. I really loved that upperclassmen had affordable apartments to live in for Fall and Spring semesters. They have very professional professors who are very educated and experienced in the courses they teach at SIUe.
Edwardsville is a good place to go after high school. Their beautiful campus, along with the caring staff, makes it so much easier to adjust to a four year university.
I like how the University provides students with resources to succeed. I think the school could improve in some areas with more funding.