Southern Illinois University Carbondale Reviews

1,803 reviews
I love SIUC. Everyone is so friendly and everywhere you walk, you'll see so many squirrels it's amazing!! I have made so many friends being here so far, and it's only my first year! I love it here, and I think you would too!
Siu is what you make of it. Plenty to do in walking distance around town. Downside- too expensive, considering the ranking of the university.
I enjoyed the critical analysis and scientific methodology and field research experience that acquired in my field of study. I would set up a platform of communication between different fields of study to break free of specializations and sub-specialization that become rigid doctrines unable to perceive the ever changing organism of science.
Start Your Review of Southern Illinois University Carbondale
I like how carbondale is so different from Chicago, especially the weather. It’s really far but close at the same time to home.
I want to feel safer than I do here. Very sketchy area at times, but the program that I am in is amazing. Lots of hands on work and the teachers really care about you and the education that your getting.
I have enjoyed the college life and the people I live with. The campus is beautiful with a lot of nature. Only reason I give it a 4 and not a 5 is because personally I am looking for a bigger college and I am not a fan of my chemistry teacher.
I loved Southern Illinois so much! The campus is beautiful and everyone is very friendly. There is pretty much a forest in the middle of campus so no matter what season the entire campus looks amazing. I love my major and that also helps with my overall love for Carbondale!
Its a very diverse university and very accepting. There's always something to do on campus or in town. They offer shuttles for free for students and are great about student safety. They offer police to escort students across campus during the night if they don't feel safe alone.
The teacher were of goos quality and variety. However I don't think the schooled put their students first. I hope to see that change in the future.
Southern Illinois university Carbondale, is a great school. They help u with anything u need. Everyone is so nice and kind.
I enjoyed the resources the school provided such as silent floors for studying in the library and the recreation center which is free to students. The professors were great and encouraged students to ask questions.
Southern Illinois University Carbondale is a great college. It offers so many degrees and is in the heart of Southern Illinois making outdoor activities plentiful and fun. The teachers are good and it gets you prepared for life after college.
So far I have been at SIU for a semester now and I really enjoy it. The school has an amazing education program. The teachers are pretty friendly for the most part. I have had a few issues with one or two teachers. By that I mean his tests were pretty out there and didn't follow his lectures at all. I love the environment along with the library and rec center available for students.
Southern Illinois University of Carbondale has changed my life for the better. It has showed me that I need to use my resources better and better my time. It has also showed me that you can not take things for granted.
The campus is beautiful with many activities to do. The professors are great too. You'll love everything about this school.
My experience at SIUC has been well. The best thing about the university is all the free resources they offer such as tutoring and the writing center. They also have saluki express which is the local bus service which is free for students. It is very convenient.
I was surprised with the diversity of the student population, not just with ethnicity and race but with moral backgrounds. I have come to love SIUC and have learned to really appreciate my time spent there.
Start Your Review of Southern Illinois University Carbondale
I would say something they can change is letting students know more about any political issues that are happening on campus
Its been a pretty great experience I do hate how they usually tell you that you will be there for two years if you are a transfer and it is a consistent three years so do keep that in mind.
I like the campus of SIU. It was nice and the staff was friendly. The professors i met were very nice and enjoyed most classes. There was lots of different cultures there so it made it unique.