Southern Illinois University Carbondale Reviews

1,785 reviews
Its been a pretty great experience I do hate how they usually tell you that you will be there for two years if you are a transfer and it is a consistent three years so do keep that in mind.
I like the campus of SIU. It was nice and the staff was friendly. The professors i met were very nice and enjoyed most classes. There was lots of different cultures there so it made it unique.
This is my first year at a university beings that I just graduated high school in May 2017. Credit wise I am a junior because I took online courses as well as dual credit while in high school but I will graduate in 2020 which makes me a sophomore. I love SIU campus, it is a perfect place for me. I love walking around with the trees and leaves everywhere. I feel safe when I am here and its definitely easy to make friends!
Start Your Review of Southern Illinois University Carbondale
As an international student at Southern Illinois University Carbondale, I have never felt homesickness. SIU has been my home away from home. Overall, I'm satisfied with the academics and the housing facilities provided in the campus.
This school has a beautiful campus, and a lot of kids go there. Coming from a small high school pushes me more to want to go to a bigger college. Go Saluki's
the school is pricey other then that the school is quite enjoy able their are teachers who are hard to understand but if you keep asking over and over they will change up the way they trying to share to you but if they cant get you to understand they will a point you to someone else .
So far, my experience at SIUC has been amazing! The professors are very professional, yet you can go to them with any question or comment, academic or not. The campus is gorgeous, built around Thompson Woods and Campus Lake. Everything is clean and enjoyable. I am a physics major, so I have not communicated with the other departments, but the physics department is close-knit and casual. You can research almost anything, but there is a focus on Material Science. One can easily get to know the faculty and the small student body of physics major and make lifelong friends and connections.
Very friendly staff. Instructors and TA s are easy to get a hold of and very helpful. Academic advisors are easy to contact and very friendly and helpful.
I am not currently a student there, but i have had a family member go to this school. They say that there are one or two student living areas that are not that good, but everywhere else is either above average or good.
The business department was wonderful. I cannot stress enough as to how well the teachers new there fields and had a passion for teaching.
I like the diversity of SIUC. It's inclusive and creates a melting pot of many cultures and backgrounds.
Southern Illinois in general is very beautiful. I come from a small town, roughly five hours north of Carbondale, I can say it is refreshing not seeing corn at every corner. The people here at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale are very, very friendly. All the professors are willing to stay behind to help students succeed around the clock. I am very thankful that I chose this to be my home for the next four years!
I love Southern Illinois University. I believe that I am challenged every single day in my classes and I am always learning something new. The campus is beautiful and the people are friendly. I am so thankful that I decided to attend Southern Illinois University.
I like it at this school, there’s so many opportunities that I have came in contact with. My only problem I’ve ever had is the fact that the school appoints foreign teachers to core curriculum classes and I can never fully understand them while they’re teaching.
SIU-C's campus has an rural atmosphere to it. The campus itself is quite large but the average student to teacher ratio is 15:1. Class sizes are very small so you get the opportunity to really know your professors and classmates. On top of that they have beautiful plant and animal life that play a big role on campus life. Finally, the staff is very understanding and truly wants you to succeed
The environment down here in Carbondale is great. The scenery is to die for. The professors really make the material fun to learn.
Great campus, extremely liberal, outdated facilities. Enrollment is down so housing is cheap in Carbondale. Large foreign population.
Start Your Review of Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Carbondale is a very diverse community in Southern Illinois surrounded by many beautiful and natural wonders.
Very pleased with my experience at SIUC. Great education, great professors, and so much to do around the area.
SIU is a great college to attend. However, I have had more than 1 experience in which an advisor has not seemed to have my best interests at heart.