Southern Connecticut State University Reviews

1,234 reviews
Southern Conneticut state university is a great school, i felt very welcomed and wanted. The courses a super flexible to my shedule and the professors and classmates are very kind!
My experience at Southern Connecticut State University has been a splendid one. I started off not knowing what career I wanted to invest in throughout my Freshman year which was scary but at SCSU they welcomed me with open arms to find a major that suited me best. My advisers really helped me through all of my hiccups when I had questions or for simple advice. Southern is really dedicated to making the future of their students worth it. I love my school dearly.
I'd rate SCSU as a strong, empowering university. Not only do they give each and every student equal opportunity to grow and succeed in class, they open up so many doors to enjoy your time at school, as either a commuter or resident on campus. Everyday at SCSU it's truly believed that I belong there just as much as everyone else and we'll all leave with the knowledge to make it in our chosen careers.
Start Your Review of Southern Connecticut State University
My favorite school library by far and my favorite chemistry teacher ever was here. The library was easily accessible and had a nice atmosphere, with Starbucks tickling your nose. The administration office tends to lose paperwork, so keep records of everything. They have some things to change but they try to keep student body engaged and have some fun.
It's a really good school, the professors are always willing to help. There is an academic success center located on campus to help students with any problem areas they have within their courses.
The education I received here was exceptional, as were all of my professors. Whenever I struggled with material and reached out to my professors, I received prompt assistance and replies. Administration is also excellent and there are many resources available to assist students however they need it. The campus is gorgeous and all of the facilities are up-to-date, with numerous areas to study and use computers. It is continuing to expand facilities and add new programs. I loved every second of my time as a student, and hope to one day secure an additional teaching position there.
The campus does not put enough focus and priority on the students. Because of this, however, there are many talented and highly competent professors willing to work individually with self-motivated students. Parking is usually a problem. There is often administrative red tape.
So far I have had a great experience. Everyone who I have spoken to has been incredibly informative, helpful and welcoming. Off to a great start!
I love how diverse the community is and how everyone is willing to give a helping hand, There are 100’s of clubs that you can join to make your college experience a whole lot more fun, and the toutering center really helps you out a lot. Southern Connecticut State University is an amazing school
I loved the student involvement and parties they had. They had tutors to help students if needed. The only negative thing was the crime. Students kept getting robbed by the residents who lived in new haven.
I love the vibe of the school it's so welcoming and makes you feel like you can do so much. The professors for the most part are nice and the dorms are so worth it but you can also stay off campus and it'll still be fun. The parties are nice and the main yard is usually filled with activities to do and the clubs never end. There's always something to do for someone no matter what you like from step teams to anime clubs this school literally has anything and if it doesn't then you can create what you want which is great.
Let me make this abundantly clear, I'm not one of those normal partying college kids. I'm there to work, get my degree, and get out. I don't condone the pressure to live on campus, it's optional whether you do or don't, but since it's a buisness they squeeze it into everything, even the curriculum. There are a lot of professors that make learning enjoyable and interesting, but some of them make learning their subject an absolute nightmare. If you're don't keep up with the work, you're not going to pass. Partying isn't going to give you the grades, not by a long shot. But i will say this, their food is delicious, 5 stars on that.
My experience at Southern has been indescribable but very rewarding. I have met many people and made lots of connections with my professors. The staff are very pleasant to work with and have made my time being there very pleasant.
While resources lack and are at most average due to state school funding, the staff really care for students' success and well-being. I never felt like I couldn't accomplish something, and I was always encourage to pursue my goals.
My experience at Southern Connecticut State University thus far has been a great one. The campus felt like home the second I first stepped foot on it. The students, professors, and other faculty are great people, which is a big part of the whole experience. The university offers a wide range of classes for people who are looking to learn about almost anything. Southern hosts many on-campus events and activities that really pull the student population together. It allows us to meet new people and have fun while doing so.
This is the third university I attended and is by far the best one! The school offers great clubs you can sign up for and luckily is affordable if you live in the state. The campus is beautiful and is considered to be a small-medium size. That means it is easier to get closer to your professors and better educate yourself. The president of the unniversity cares deeply about his students and only pushes us to do our best.
I love Southern. Growing up in a Caucasian, wealthy town, attending SCSU for my first year was a definite culture shock. I felt almost a minority as a white girl living in the dorms at Southern. The professors are full of knowledge and compassion for their students. The food and some of the staff lack excellence. However, my experience as a whole is nothing short of great.
Start Your Review of Southern Connecticut State University
I have a love hate relationship with southern. For starters I was a commuter and was only on campus when I needed to be for class. In result of this I felt I missed out on a lot of events and opportunities. Also, class registration was brutal. Once I got into my program. BSW - it was great. I made friends from being in classes with them for two years and I got to form better relationships with professors.
I love Southern. I transferred in as a sophomore and everyone was so welcoming. Compared to my old school, teachers were helpful and wanted us to succeed. The only thing I would change is the availability of classes. Some core classes are extremely hard to get into your schedule but I believe that is any college you go to.
I am not too happy here. I feel lost and misguided. They have a lot of programs and resources that I’ve used. Still nothing. I can say they are very active community wise. The teachers are good and classes too if you research. Food is good, they make improvements as needed.