Southern Arkansas University Reviews

Love sau! It's a small down to earth college that makes me feel at home 100 percent of the time! Best decision of my life.
SAU is beautiful. The campus is small and all the buildings and activities are within walking distance. The people are friendly and welcoming. If you are interested in a major that involves animals, then SAU is where you want to be.
They are renovating and adding new buildings each year so the campus is very updated, dorms, classrooms, athletics.
Southern Arkansas University is a great school to attend and receive a great education from. It is located inside of a small town and it the local seems to be pretty boring. Beside partying, there is really nothing else to do around the city as far for fun or extracurricular activities. It is really hard to be distracted from your academics unless you party way to much!!
Review Southern Arkansas University
I have mainly dealt with the College of Business. The professors there are absolutely fantastic! They are committed to helping their students learn and are very helpful. They work with you and even try their hardest to get you internships and jobs when you get close to graduating! The town is small and gets a little boring. SAU's College of Business gives you a great business education and is even nationally accredited!
Through my 3.5 years at SAU, I would have to say I recommend going there. The classes are not overly large. Most have 30 students at most. The campus itself tries to simplify the experience for students. Offices are arranged the way that makes the most sense. The library has personal rooms that can be rented out to study in. The learning center is easy to manage. Also there are even tudors for classes that take the course with you. Not to mention if you like to exercise, there's a gym, pool, tennis court, and even walking trail. Overall SAU is a great place to go. It's cheap, offers a great experience, and plenty of degrees.
I love the atmosphere at SAU. It is like everyone knows everyone and it is a huge family all coming together. One thing I would like to see changed is more food options. The cafe is always so packed with students.
This school was never my first pick, but the generous scholarship they offered me convinced me to move far away from home and pursue a degree here. Thus far my college experience has been amazing. Professors here do care about individual students. It is a small campus, so you make friends quickly and can find things easily. The classes are all different, as some are ridiculously easy and some are ridiculously hard. The biggest pitfall is the small town of Magnolia. There isn't much to do, but Shreveport and Texarkana aren't too far.
Southern Arkansas University is a fast-growing public University in Arkansas, but she is far from perfect. The student-faculty ratio is good, our professors are great! but there's no transportation system around, one needs a personal car to live well here. Campus food is nice but can be crappy sometimes, oh, athletics ! I like all sports activities going on here!
I love my school. Some of my professors become like friends. They genuinely care about our success. But very few could care less. Our school is very interested in getting a high passing rate.
I love the school! Sometimes the departments can get your papers mixed up, but it gets sorted out in the end!
im not entirely sure. everyone that has this degree has gone on to go to higher education.
I think that each professor ive had cares about their students except that a lot of them believe that only their class work is important. ive had meetings with professors where they have made it clear that they believe that their work is the most important.
campus police is there for us and the housing people are great.
They could add a hell of a lot more amenities, but it could be worse. i wish they had movie theaters or even better late night food options. the dorms arent horrible, but could be better. i wish they had better aquatic options, and better extra curricular options all around. not being able to do anything on a friday night freaking sucks.
I love greek life! I am part of a social and a service organization. Greek life brings much more life to the campus than you think. putting on more and more events every semester. no greek housing is available which really sucks
Well theyre very competitive. we almost beat a team that we lost to after 20 years.
though there isnt much to do in the town, there is a lot of time to get to know each other and become very close and travel together. i love the family vibe with everyone.
Review Southern Arkansas University
SAU offers a few career days where local businesses will come to the campus and present themselves, but it is not widely attended. Since we are in a small town with a growing college community finding jobs can sometimes be difficult.
Overall, I love Southern Arkansas University. In the beginning it took me awhile to get use to the small town, but you get to know people.

The courses are challenging, but not difficult. There are some brilliant and helpful professors, especially in the business department. I have had a few professors that were not understanding or did not do their job correctly, but that was a minimum.

Class sizes are fairly small which is good because you get to speak to the professor more which helps you learn a bit more.
As a victim of sexual assault, I feel decently safe on campus. The campus has emergency phones located throughout the campus and if you do not feel safe you can contact campus police and they will escort you to your destination.

I do think that our school could do better though. We could have more meetings about it, a club or event for victims to gather together so they know they are not alone, and easier access to reporting these crimes. I know colleges hate to report these crimes because it shows in reports and statistics, but I believe it is something important that needs to be taken into consideration.