Southern Arkansas University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Great American Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.44 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.39 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.40 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.39 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.51 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.26 responses
Southern Arkansas University Reviews
Review Southern Arkansas University
Overall, I absolutely love Southern Arkansas University! Granted, Magnolia, AR is a small and is not a typical college town, but it just adds to the charm! Literally everybody I have encountered is so polite and welcoming. The classes are not too challenging if you study and prepare, but if you are struggling, the professors are willing to work with you. The professors know how to get along and goof off with the students, but they also make you work. There are opportunities to get involved on campus to compensate for the rural town too! The Mulerider Activity Center is open to all students and is a great way to spend free time! I am beyond blessed to have the opportunity to be a Mulerider!
Southern Arkansas University is a fast-growing public University in Arkansas, but she is far from perfect. The student-faculty ratio is good, our professors are great! but there's no transportation system around, one needs a personal car to live well here. Campus food is nice but can be crappy sometimes, oh, athletics ! I like all sports activities going on here!
I have mainly dealt with the College of Business. The professors there are absolutely fantastic! They are committed to helping their students learn and are very helpful. They work with you and even try their hardest to get you internships and jobs when you get close to graduating! The town is small and gets a little boring. SAU's College of Business gives you a great business education and is even nationally accredited!