High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.44 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.40 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.41 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.40 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.52 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.26 responses
Southern Arkansas University Reviews
Small, intimate college. Greatly enjoyed my time here! My degree made it difficult to be as involved as I would've liked to have been at times, but I made plenty of lasting friendships in class as well. I still keep in contact with teachers on a regular basis as they are still interested in the well-being of students after graduation.
Southern Arkansas University is a great and family type college. By that I mean its really small college but it makes you feel at home because its a friendly environment. The many different activities that are all over campus always gives you something to do. One thing I would add to or change is adding more food options. There is very little options to eat at on campus, so adding more would be very beneficial. The second thing I would add to it is more majors. More majors would lead to more people attending college here, and that would give the school more money.
Overall, I absolutely love Southern Arkansas University! Granted, Magnolia, AR is a small and is not a typical college town, but it just adds to the charm! Literally everybody I have encountered is so polite and welcoming. The classes are not too challenging if you study and prepare, but if you are struggling, the professors are willing to work with you. The professors know how to get along and goof off with the students, but they also make you work. There are opportunities to get involved on campus to compensate for the rural town too! The Mulerider Activity Center is open to all students and is a great way to spend free time! I am beyond blessed to have the opportunity to be a Mulerider!