High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.44 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.40 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.41 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.40 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.52 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.26 responses
Southern Arkansas University Reviews
Small, intimate college. Greatly enjoyed my time here! My degree made it difficult to be as involved as I would've liked to have been at times, but I made plenty of lasting friendships in class as well. I still keep in contact with teachers on a regular basis as they are still interested in the well-being of students after graduation.
Overall, I absolutely love Southern Arkansas University! Granted, Magnolia, AR is a small and is not a typical college town, but it just adds to the charm! Literally everybody I have encountered is so polite and welcoming. The classes are not too challenging if you study and prepare, but if you are struggling, the professors are willing to work with you. The professors know how to get along and goof off with the students, but they also make you work. There are opportunities to get involved on campus to compensate for the rural town too! The Mulerider Activity Center is open to all students and is a great way to spend free time! I am beyond blessed to have the opportunity to be a Mulerider!
Southern Arkansas University is a school unlike any other in my opinion. My first step on campus felt like home. They became a family to me. Being so far from home, Southern Arkansas became a place for me to make my own future and my own life. As a competitor on the Mule-rider Rodeo Team, I am constantly juggling practicing, traveling, studying, as well as keeping up on a social life. SAU is a school that enables all of those aspects and they help me to exceed in every step of the way from beginning to end. One thing I would like to see change is some of the required classes for my major. As an animal science major, I do not like taking so many plant classes and labs where I could be taking an animal lecture or lab instead.