Southern Adventist University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Adventist
Southern Adventist University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.45 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.49 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.49 responses
Most Popular Majors
Theological and Ministerial Studies33 Graduates
Business Administration and Management25 Graduates
Elementary Education17 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science16 Graduates
Foreign Languages and Literatures14 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services14 Graduates
Cinematography and Video Production11 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.44 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.63 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.28 responses
Southern Adventist University Reviews
It's a relatively small campus with about 3,000 students, which means you get to know a lot more peopke on a more personal level. The staff are amazing; they'll invite you over to eat and talk and are always available if you have quesions. The campus itself is sort of tucked away in its own little community and has a nice feel to it. If you like the outdoors it's even better because of the 35+ miles of biking and hiking trails. There are several restaurants on campus that are worked by the students and have a wide variety of food choices. Finally, the spiritual side of Southern is beautiful. Everyone is so welcoming and always has your back. It's a big, beautiful family.
Southern Adventist University is a fantastic college. If you are looking for a christian-family-like atmosphere, I highly recommend it. However, for many, the college may feel restricting. No shorts to class, No jewelry, and Mandatory Worship credits are just a few examples. If you are also looking for a killer party scene, don't come here. Most of us come from religious backgrounds in our education, like private schooling or home schooling. That being said, I have never met so many nice and caring staff and students at SAU. Though this college may not be for everyone, it suites my needs, and I am very happy here.
At Southern, we don't have any Varsity Sports but we do have Intramurals. When I heard that Southern didn't have varsity sports, I was very bummed out and felt that they should have varsity sports. Once I was involved with Intramurals, it got me thinking and I realized that we didn't need varsity sports because we have so much involvement in intramurals. There is so much fan support that it feels like we are a part of a varsity team! I love the sports program at Southern and I think that intramurals involves everyone instead of a small group of people.