1,150 reviews
  1. Lakeland, FL
  2. 4 Year

Southeastern University Reviews

1,150 reviews
Southeastern University is a world where God is endlessly moving. He is present in all of your moments. The professors are out of this world knowledgable and not just about what they teach, but about God Himself. The campus is gorgeous and not far from the beach (living in warm weather is a blessing all in itself)!!! God is Good and Good is God and you wholeheartedly grow in Him here.
Southeastern is a small university that focuses on their students and surrounding community. However, as a commuter, I did not feel welcomed and cared about at the same level as their residential students. Commuters have to park in dirt parking lots, receive very little help and accommodation for class schedules for the registrar, and there is extremely limited space for commuters to hang out and study on campus that don't include dorm spaces.
Southeastern has been an incredible way for me to grow in my faith and in my academics. The campus is beautiful and the professors are intelligent and invested in their students. I have made so many friends here and the surrounding area is full of unique places that you could only find here in Lakeland! The school is not far from beautiful beaches and Disney World. Tampa is one way, and Orlando is the other, so I enjoy being able to be in the middle of it all. The RA's and RD's will make you feel like family and invite you to many things. You will not have a problem finding things to get involve in either. Overall, this university is amazing and I love it here!
Lovely people but the campus was quite small. I visited and had a lovely tour guide but did not like the old Floridian style of the campus as I am from Massachusetts. Some of the dorms were quite old.
So far, I love being at Southeastern University and would recommend it to anyone. The atmosphere is amazing, everyone is so welcoming and kind. If there were one thing I would change it would be that the faculty doesn't seem to be on the same page or have all of the information they need to successfully answer questions student may have.
I love Southeastern it's a great Christ centered school. I love the culture the most at SEU, we are a very tight nite university. The University lets us express ourselves and our opinions. I love the fact that at SEU we can all worship god freely with no judgement.
Love the campus! The campus is resort style and you don't even realize you're at college! Love the church and the worship services! The people all have beautiful souls and are very helpful!!
SEU is amazing! The Christian atmosphere and student body community is one of the best things about the school. The Christian atmosphere is contagious and growth stimulating. They are very welcoming to first time or transfer students. They have a plethora of degree options, but still having that small campus feel. You walk around campus daily seeing familiar faces. At the same time, there are plenty of things to get involved in on campus.
I am an extension site student for Southeastern University (main campus located in Lakeland, FL) and it has been great! I have been able to learn what it means to be involved in ministry at a high-capacity church. In addition, I have consistently been taught on leadership as well as spiritual principles. The professors as well as the site staff are focused on the students' spiritual growth and their fulfilling their specific life callings. If not for this school program, I may not have had as much experience in ministry as I have had up to this point.
Southeastern University is a great place to be challenged in theological studies. The professors are fantastic and it is obvious that they care about the success of their students. People are always friendly and the campus is beautiful. Sporting events are generally exciting, and the food is better than many other places. Southeastern is not a party school by any means. The environment feels extremely safe, but Southeastern also kind of exists in its own bubble, separate from the real world. I would like to see more engagement in the different cultures both on and off campus as a major improvement.
Southeastern University is not just a school. It is an experience. You experience life with people, the campus is beautiful, the professors are great and very motivating. Best school ever, Glad I decided to come.
It Is A Great Atmosphere Overall. Parking situation is not so great. People are kind and loving. You gain valuable friends and relationships with people. Diversity is growing year after year which is great. Very family oriented campus, roommates/suitemates become your family, as well as faculty and staff.
I like it, it's great. The academics are great. I definitely feel like I'm learning valuable things.
SEU is a great university that has really grown over the past 15 years from a little Christian Bible College, into a diverse full service university. The university's athletics have really taken off with the addition of football a few years back, and the campus culture still remains strong. Lakeland has a cute downtown but also some sketchy areas that should be avoided.
Southeastern is a wonderful school! It has a strong, Christian atmosphere, with many chapels to choose from each week. The school is focused on making sure that the students have opportunities for Bible studies and prayer. It also has a great academic program. The professors are caring, and the class sizes are small, so you always can get to know your professor. The campus is beautiful and is located in between Orlando and Tampa, so there are a lot of great internships available in those cities. Also, there are a lot of activities for students, so there is no chance of getting bored!
Southeastern University is a great private school that has a goal of helping students in their education and their faith. The school focuses on students education and greatly encourages hard work and motivation in the classrooms. SEU has come a long way from when it opened, and is continually growing. There are small parts of the school that are frustrating, but overall it is a great college and experience.
Awesome. I love this school so much and the student life here is amazing. It is super easy to get involved here and the teachers truly care about your growth as a student and as a christian.
We have a lot of fun in classes. The professors make clear effort to help us.
We don't have a lot of problems on campus. Other than your random burglary.
The professors care about us as students, as individuals and groups. They ask us how we are and make it known with their behavior how we are valued.
  • College Senior