Southeastern Community College - Iowa Reviews

My experience with this college has so far been great. They have so many different class that you are able to take and when ever you need help they are thee to help you.
I chose to attend Southeastern Community College because it was cheap, close to home, and a lot of the people I went to high school also attend SCC. What I didn't know when I first chose to attend SCC is how much I would love it here. The teachers are involved while still allowing you to think and work through situations, along with the other students coming from a wide range of backgrounds and parts of the world.
SCC has the best professors, they care about how you are doing in their classes and they will go out of their way to help students succeed.
Start Your Review of Southeastern Community College - Iowa
I have enjoyed being able to go somewhere close to home which in the long run saved me money because I have been able to live at home. I also enjoy that I have been able to get an in depth learning experience where our teacher student ratio is typically 40 or less to 1 and not 150+ to 1. I believe that this has given me a better opportunity to understand things I have been taught and create a good student teacher relationship by being able to take time to ask questions and meet with my professors. All in all I have really enjoyed attending SCC and look forward to completing my ADN this spring.
I like that SCC is always evolving. The staff really want everyone to succeed. I wouldn't change anything about SCC.
The agriculture department is not taken very seriously. I feel that I have not learned anything out of the ordinary or anything that really sticks out. Most of the tests are open book.
I've been attending SCC for almost a year now and I love my experiences there! I like that the school is small and local. I'm able to live at home for free and drive 20 minutes to my classes 2 days a week. I am able to build relationships with my classmates and professors. A small college makes it easier for me and my professors to have one on one time when I need help with assignments, extra credit, etc. I plan on continuing furthering my education at SCC next year to earn my AS and major in Criminal Justice.
I have already received my associates degree from this institution and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to obtain a 2 year degree. They offer traditional courses, night courses, and online courses to meet almost anyone's educational needs. They also have a brand new science and medical building that is amazing.
I was able to take classes online, on campus, and at night. The tuition was considerably less that a university/4-year college. The instructors were personable, compassionate, and helpful. I received encouragement and guidance about classes and my future. The president has the interest of the students as his focus - "It's all about the students."
I loved the classroom setting and the teachers commitment for you to accomplish your goals. I also loved the classroom setting environment. The medium size classes helped with the teacher having more time to talk to the students individually.
The teachers and facilities are great for a two year school. You will get a quality education on par with other more expensive four year institutions. It also provides an excellent career oriented programs for adult learners who do not have as much time to go to a four year institution but want to improve their skills with a degree. It is a lot more flexible than many four year universities.
This is a great community college with many helpful staff and small class sizes. I was able to get my degree while living at home, cost was reasonable, academic options are wonderful, staff was always helpful and friendly. They are dedicated to every students success with academic support, unlimited amount of student resources and supportive staff.
The nursing program at southeastern community college is excellent! They prepare you well for the NCLEX, but the nursing program coordinator can be very hard to deal with at times.
They help you out a lot
Help out in the real world
It was a reasonable school
I am extremely impressed with the help I get in the Student Success Center. It is generally quiet and a great place to go to study or talk to my retention advisor if I have any questions or need any help with anything.
Start Your Review of Southeastern Community College - Iowa
The flexibility of classes is pretty good however I wish there were more classes available during the summer and for flex classes because it would have been really nice to be able to get more credits in before I transfer.
I think I would choose to attend this school again if I could do it all over again because of it's affordability and close to home.
I have been extremely lucky with the group of professors I have had the privilege of working with. They have been extremely helpful and easy to talk to about anything.