South Puget Sound Community College Reviews

Really committed to helping students succeed! Lots of free support services for the students to become involved in. There are virtual online tutor support staff as well as free face-to-face tutorship on campus. I find the campus to be quite lovely and nicely nestled in flora and fauna and beautiful evergreen trees. The teachers can be very rigorous as they take their field of study seriously. I definitely recommend this school especially if you're thinking about making a switch to the 4 year university right next door to SPSCC called Evergreen College as they have a sort of buddy system with the 2 year SPSCC.
I loved my first semester at SPSCC. My professor for the 2 classes I took was really dedicated, helpful, and became a good friend.
I have had an amazing experience at SPSCC thus far. I am a returning student. I changed my majors after I had a family emergency which caused me to withdraw a few years back. They have helped me return my focus to myself which is great considering I will need this education in order to get to where I want to be in my professional career.
Start Your Review of South Puget Sound Community College
I attended South Puget Sound Community College as a running start student in High School. It was a great experience for me knowing that I could get my degree in high school. The teachers are good with communicating with you. If online is a good way to get your degree they have a lot of those available to you also. I would like to see the college have a better solutions for parking. It can be a bit crazy to get a spot and make it to class on time.
Good sense of community but be sure to research professors before taking their classes. Some professors are great some seem incredibly unqualified. classes fill up quickly but there is a wide variety.
There are so many unique and diverse people here, you're definitely learning something new everyday. The campus is very professional ans is beautiful as you walk around.
I think South Puget Sound Community College is a wonderful community college. I work and go to school here. I surprised how quickly you get through classes
I absolutely love SPSCC all the staff are friendly and the professors really care about each student and are willing to help. The school provides support to Veterans and minorities allowing safe spaces for both groups as well as fun on campus activities to create and foster community. All this support plus a beautiful lush green campus.
The academic advisers never told me the same thing. The teachers did not connect very well with the students and were not very good with staying on top of grading.
I liked the convenience of South Puget Sound Community College and he cost was reasonable. I will graduate from SPSCC with no debt and transfer to a 4 year University in he fall. I was a little frustrated with the push of hybrid and online classes. I learn better from instructor led classes and often times my only option for a class was either a hybrid class or an online class. I struggled with my Calculus class only being twice a week. I would have benefited from daily instruction. I felt I had to learn a lot on my own vs. from the instructor. It was nice that the college has two campuses - one in Lacey and the other in Olympia. I have attended both campuses. The staff was always helpful and I was able to get my questions answered quickly. I would recommend SPSCC to students who want to keep college expenses down and transfer to a 4 year college or university. Overall, my experience has been good. The college has tutoring help available and encourages study groups.
This college is very beautiful. Probably one of the most beautiful community colleges in the US. I have had a great experience so far with them but they are lacking in the Math department. The math teachers just simply aren't good here, they put more focus on science and english teachers I think. So be wise while choosing a math professor.
I've been going to SPSCC for almost 3 years now and I've enjoyed my time there. I enjoy the professors, people, and classes. I take the bus most of the time and I like how that works. Id also like to win scholarship after applying for so many. There should be an automatic win after applying for (x) amount of scholarships. I think it's pretty ridiculous I haven't won one yet. Anyways, I hope this is at least 100 characters and qualifies me.
Overall, I enjoyed my two years at SPSCC. Apart from the occasional inept educators, the professors are great. I would recommend this school to everyone. Especially considering I attended through the running start program and didn’t have to pay any tuition. If you research your professors and classes beforehand, you can make sure you get the best ones for your learning style and get a great (and affordable!) education.
I completed my pre-requisite courses for nursing here. The science teachers were all very knowledgeable, dedicated and had a mastery of their source material. I wasn't overly impressed with the online classes as some seemed very disorganized but the in person classes were great. I recommend Haft for microbiology.
Financial aid was hard to get here but once I was in and was using mostly grants to get through the year I found my fellow students friendly and helpful. During my pre-recs my teachers/professors were all very helpful in assisting me with assignments that I did not fully understand. Overall, it was a good experience with the school itself, the staff, and my fellow students.
Amazing college. Great diversity and teachers I've had so far are dedicated in helping their students succeed.
SPSCC is a good college to go to if you are looking to transfer. It has two campus locations, the main one being in Olympia Washington only a few minutes from I5. The second a little north in Lacey Washington.
Start Your Review of South Puget Sound Community College
So far it's been good. I haven't had a hard time with registration or finding classes that I was interested in. Wish they had more options for students with an interest in teaching.
Most of the professors are adamant about teaching their respective study. The college offers many amenities to aid students in their success, including free tutoring, organizations and clubs, and therapists. It is more local and there isn't pressure to overcompete against students, which is relieving. I am able to focus on my work and make sure I am getting the best education for me.
It can be hard to get the classes you want. For the most part it's just your average community college.