South Mountain Community College Reviews

Teachers are always willing to help you when you are struggling. Everyone is so friendly an go out of their way to help you out. Teacher are always willing to write letters of recommendations for students. The school is very nice and it even has a public library located inside.
I really enjoy attending south mountain. Even though it’s my first year so far I have actually tried to get my work done. I was motivated to continue and never fail. I’m really glad I made a great decision to attend this college and experience it.
The size of the Campus and Classes is great. Most of the Professors are good, you do run into the occasional SJW recruiter, but considering the times I feel that's inevitable.
Start Your Review of South Mountain Community College
I really enjoyed the environment at South Mountain Community College. Its a small community and the professors know you by name which is amazing. The biggest thing for South Mountain is the environment for me. The class sizes are also small and for me its easier to learn that way. If I would to change one thing about South Mountain is providing more classes.
A community college to use as a bridge to an University. The issues have to do with poor support from administrative staff in response to student's needs.
I love it a lot great experience would change it safe to say you attend a college like south mountain. You will see diversity , great learning experience for you there nothing much to say beside try it
South Mountain Community College is located in the South Phoenix area, and area that is full of culture. The school itself also has some unique features, such as the amazing two story library and some newly renovated buildings. The professors at this college are very friendly, and for the most part actually care about their students success. It was a great place to get started with college to move on to a university, or just a place to get an Associates degree/ certificate.
This school has allowed me to make great connections and relationships that have propelled me into my career of choice. They offer a multitude of resources and a professional transfer program from community college to university. The people I've met and the friend I've made have all encouraged me and supported my to pursue higher roles in academics and thus should resound the idea that this school builds and improves upon the value of what "community" means.
South Mountain Community College is a great environment for any college student. Due to its smaller campus it is allows the students to have a better relationship with the teachers as well as fellow students. The college first enables the student to succeed and provides the resources to encourage that success.
The counselors and advisers are great. they worked with me and pushed me through to finish my Associate degree.
SMCC is an average community college and I would recommend it if you were trying to find a cheap way to get your AA. I'm currently going to SMCC and I enjoy it. Getting a good professor is easy because the school has a review page of which professor you should get so you can have a good chance of understanding the subject.
I love South Mountain Community College it just like being in a huge family. Everyone loves being there it kind of feels like a 2nd home to me because you start growing relationships with people and you get to know your community.
Honestly I didn't even think of choosing to go to South Mountain community college and I am very glad that I chose to go to that community college. It is the best experience that I have so far at a school. All the professors are very helpful. They give you a lot of great advice, they also give you a lot of resources to use if you need help. We have this building called the LRC, which is the learning resource center. Thats where tutors are at and they can help you in Math or if you need help in writing an essay. Another thing that I love about South Mountain is they help you if you need a calculator for cheap or if you need to buy something you can just go to the bookstore. So my overall experience at South Mountain has been excellent.
I love the campus and the warm, welcoming hospitality all students and professors have toward one another. The campus itself is very beautiful and not too large, yet not too small either. The class sizes are amazing too because you can get more 1 on 1 time with professors. Not only that, but there are several aids that can help you with classes. The only thing I would change is the amount of performances in the performing arts center, for I feel like there should be more performances!
Easy to apply. The location is convenient. Staff is very helpful. My instructors have been great very understanding and understanding of working adults
As a college freshman, I can say that I am happy with the academic level I am taking. It is a peaceful college where I can focus and do my homework on my free time. It had great programs! I got accepted to the Bilingual Nursing Fellowship Program for Spring 2018, and I am very excited to put all of my effort for the upcoming years.
Hello everyone, I'm currently a freshman in South Mountain Community College and overall my experience there is excellent! The professor are great and since the classes are small you'll be able to talk one on one with the professors if you ever have an extra question or need help after class. South Mountain is really great and if you are going for your associates degree then I suggests going to South Mountain! It's better to South Mountain first than going to a university first and pay a lot of money just to get your associates degree, South Mountain is way Cheaper than a university. South Mountain helped me on what major/career path I want to go and I'm sure they will help you too.
Start Your Review of South Mountain Community College
The faculty are so helpful. It is in a great location for me and they have some pretty amazing professors teaching at the college right now.
Im new to south mountain. Fall 2017 is when I started. I transferred from Phoenix college I also really loved it there, but I feel at south mountain teachers care a little more and the environment Is so inviting. Loving it so far !!!
I really like the experience so far, what i really like is that they make you feel very welcomed, almost like you're apart of the family.