South Dakota State University Reviews

1,162 reviews
Overall, South Dakota State University has been a wonderful school to attend. It slightly north so the wind can be a bit unbearable. The professors that I have had while attending SDSU have exceeded my expectations. They have been down to earth, and genuinely care about not only their students learning, but about each individual. The campus as a whole has the most amazing and welcoming feeling. They have both traditional and modern dorms, all which have amazing security systems that make you feel safe and at home. There are many food options ranging from cafeteria style, to a buffet, to fast food, to sit down restaurants.
Good place to go. Decent life style, nice campus infrastructure, nice dorms, people are friendly and welcoming. A lot of athletics events. Not so many great clubs or extracurricular organizations. The city itself also sucks. One last thing, as an international student, do not expect a lot of diversity on campus.
It was a smaller college but also big enough that you felt you were going to a bigger school. You had a qualified teacher for each class, a professor, as compared to a grad student. The environment is safe and so friendly.
Start Your Review of South Dakota State University
My experience at South Dakota State has been awesome. It has an enclosed campus feel which I really like. It is in a small town and the whole town supports the school. They have great athletic teams that you can get behind to support. I have met many different people and it has been easy to make new friends. My professors are very willing to help with concerns, and willing to meet with you at any time. I have been extremely happy with my choice and would recommend this school to anyone. It is kinda a hidden gem, so come check it out. You will be surprised how awesome it is when you get here.
This campus is very friendly and clean! I always feel safe on campus and always enjoy the activities there are to offer.
This campus is awesome and not too big or too small! The friends you meet will become the ones you love for the rest of your life! I walk around campus to my classes and am able to say hi to someone every single time! The facilities are amazing and with the student to professor ratio you can really get the most out of your learning!
As a school I think they do a good job overall. Like any other school there are good and not so good teachers, I just transferred and mine have been pretty good so far. More chances at scholarships would be great though.
As an international student coming to US had always been a huge concern for my parents, for that reason only I choose to go with SDSU. It was advertised as ranked 1 in safe wise, and being here for more than 3 months now I can tell this place is safe. Not only safe the Campus has really good professors and the location is also good. The climate can be harsh sometimes but that's something university cannot do anything bout.
I really like the university. It allows people with zero knowledge about the campus and it's facilities to really craps what SDSU is all about. The staff is amazing as well as the students. They are growing and adding on to the buildings to make them even more wonderful than they already are.
So far at SDSU I am having a great time meeting so many new friends and enjoying new experiences. I have had the chance to go out into the community and see what all it has to offer, and it all is super close to campus. Campus is very safe which is very securing because I am far away from home. I would justice the snow not to already be on the ground.
First, my experience in college has given me a chance to sharpen my skills in my field of choice. There have been, and there will continue to be, many opportunities to learn more ways of improving my craft as a result of my time in school, which I am truly thankful for. For example, the Writing Center at my school has taught me many writing tips and rules that I was unaware even existed, and would still be unaware of had it not been a part of my experience. Because of this, I realized I still had a lot to learn despite what I thought; but this allows me to improve my skills more as I continue to attend school and also gives me more confidence in my area. And as a result, I know one day this valuable experience will help me in my search for another one-a rewarding career.
I enjoyed the many people around the campus and most importantly, I enjoyed the cadaver lab. I am most excited to go to school there and work closely with the people who know the most about the medical field.
The campus is very nice, and tuition in about as reasonable as it gets nowadays, but some departments lack in quality of instruction. The math department is lacking, and my logic professor is horrible. He literally reads us the textbook. Brookings is a nice town if you enjoy a small town.
It is a beautiful learning environment. The only thing that I think should change is the constant construction that is going on. I think that SDSU should just take a break for a year to at least just to enjoy what they already have rather than constantly trying to renovate and expand. The construction on campus can be distracting sometimes.
South Dakota State University is a lovely campus. I have visited it multiple times and loved it more and more. It can offer so much for me in the field I want to go for. I love how friendly the campus feels.
I really enjoy the people I've met on campus so far. It may not be a super tight knit community but it is possible to find great people. The professors also care about your personal success, which is evident in class. SDSU is also very affordable.
Everything about the school is really personalized and they view me as a student/person that they want to attend the school, not as just my grades or someone who could boost their numbers. Its a very beautiful campus and everyone was very friendly.
Start Your Review of South Dakota State University
The staff are great and the campus puts on several events a week that give you an opportunity to meet new people. The people are interesting and everyone is here for a different reason. Professors and advisers want to help you do your best and that really shows.
I love the college, and how there are so many things that you can be involved with that allow you to express yourself.
South Dakota State University is great place to study. professors are so helpful and kind. campus is so beautiful to spend college life.