South Carolina State University Reviews

SC State University offers the perfect environment and atmosphere to learn and excell all while enjoying the fun student life.
This is my first year here and I've actually grown to like it here. Moving away from home and getting accustomed to your new life is always hard, but here at SC State the school will do whatever they can to make you feel comfortable. The food is good is adequate on good days; but of course if you don't want what's in campus you can go to any of the fast food joints outside of campus. If you are ever bored on campus get out and go meet new people. The people at school are what makes the place so enjoyable. I'm enjoying my time here and hope to graduate from this school.
South Carolina State University is a environment rich with scholastics, diversity, and community based morals. Before becoming a student, I encountered the excitement of a football game at this historically black college. Students, alumnus, and even parents were all there with the same positive energy and enthusiasm. After becoming a student, I was able to fully experience what the university has to offer. The staff and administration work tirelessly to ensure the wellbeing of all their students academically, professionally and even emotionally. The curriculum and field based experiences are all set to better aid students in beginning, continuing, or changing their career. Resources that are offered, such as the career center, help in this process as well. South Carolina State University is definitely a university I would recommend to any student no matter what background they come from.
Start Your Review of South Carolina State University
The cultural experience you will have at South Carolina State University is phenomenal! It’s full of opportunities, diversity, & success, you just have to go out and seek it!
My experience here is great. This the th best schoolto be for anybody that wants to further their education. It’s a lot of opportunities that you can have just by coming here and meeting all types of good people.
Being involved on campus and making friends in school can make the transition from high school to college a lot smoother. One piece of advice is to use your free time wisely.
Overall, South Carolina State University is a very great school. The only things that could be better, would be the officers at the front gates. If they were to have more sports for the guys there it could be better. The young ladies have many more options to be active and it makes the young men on campus feel limited to what they can participate in. The academic curriculum has a lot to offer. I appreciate the student teacher ratio where I can go to my classes and my professors actually know my name. I'm not just a number, I matter.
Since I've been a student at SC State my experience has been great I've met a lot of new people and have made many new friends I'm comfortable in my schools environment, and feel very welcomed. What I would like to see change though is the schools spirit I want it to be more fun like it was the past two years ago.
My overall experience has been good. My only complains are with the administrative offices, lack of security, and the surrounding town is pretty boring.
I love Sc State University, because of its rich tradition, and history which the university is known for. Today there are nearly 5000 students majoring in a wide range of programs that include agribusiness, accounting, art, English, and drama as well as fashion merchandising, physics, psychology, and political science. As well as the family atmosphere the people at Sc State has to offer, anyone who decide to come here to enrolled in school, or to become an employee here will definitely enjoy nice caring people that is apart of the bulldog family.
South Carolina State University is one of the best HBCU’s to attend! The people are great ! The food is good ! The professors are wonderful , however i would change the security system.
My experience at SCSU is going great so far, classes are excellent. Working hard at this school will definitely pay off . You Get to know people, have fun, and get your work done all at the same time . One thing that I would love to see is a change in food, or to open new dorms /close the old ones and clean!!!!
Updated campus and buildings to be cleaned daily! Not just the new building but the old buildings as well! There should be no reason to see roaches daily and if somebody kills one, on a Wednesday, when we come back it’s still lying dead in the classroom that following Monday!!
As I write this paragraph, this is my third year at South Carolina State University. My overall experience has been great. For example, I love the down-to-earth feeling that I get when I'm here. It feels as though I'm at home even though I'm miles away. Over the past year and a half i lost both my mother and my older brother. SC state showed me nothing but gratitude and support during this difficult time. If I'm honestly speaking, I would have to say I don't have any complaints about my institution. I love my wonderful university. I would even like to see my younger family members attend SCSU.
I love the fact you can come to South Carolina State University and feel apart of the family. I also love the way people make you feel welcomed. Also, I love how the teachers and staff care about the students. I love the fact I can have fun and learn during the day. I love Sc State university and I love being a bulldog.
The things I like about South Carolina State University is the social and learning environment. However, I do not like how unorganized it is when it comes to events.
Great school. Professors are excellent and experienced in their prospective fields. Campus as a whole is kept clean, manicured with excellent green space.
Start Your Review of South Carolina State University
So far so great! I have t had an bad experience yet and I'm not looking for any. Our SOLS are nice and everyone is very helpful.
South Carolina State University is an awesome HBCU!! They just have horrible financial aid the people in financial aid could care less. They'll tell you anything just to get you out of their faces.
Growing up in a small town with little to do ,one have a tendency to dream through the eye of their older role models. It was never a vision to choose SCSU and become an educator, however seeing the enjoyment desire and the love through the eyes of my brother prepared me come to terms that this as well has been my hopes and dreams. My journey now is to make sure that SCSU would be the another chapter of my life dream that will become a reality. I know now that there is no other university that can prepare me more for future endeavors. It is now up to me to reach my goals, display and embrace my interest ,enjoy my hobbies during what will be amazing years at SCSU