South Carolina State University Reviews

I love attending SC State. The atmosphere is very much like home, but academics and safety are certainly at the forefront of the campuses focus. With the various things to do on campus, it doesn’t seem like there’s much to do off campus. Though that may seem unattractive to some, I think it allows the students to be closer knit with one another and forced us to make connections with people outside of our majors and graduating class. SCSU is the place to be, and with over 30 successfully maintained majors, it can be for anyone that would want to become a Bulldog!
I loved the overall experience of the school, the homey feeling and all. Though there are some negative like how slow and lackadaisical Financial Aid department.
South Carolina State University has a great family environment. I enjoy everything about this school. The only complaint I have is the Gym is not always open to students.
Start Your Review of South Carolina State University
My current experience attending South Carolina State University is a blast. There can be a lot to be change but as long as SCSU is up and standing, I’ll always love my HBCU. GO BULLDOGS!!!
I really did enjoy my first year at this university. The thing is that you have to have a group of friends that will make your time here fun. Yes, Orangeburg doesn't have much to do, but that's where your friends come in at. Y'all can get together and do work and then take a break and have fun. They do focus a lot on your education so, stay focused and don't lose track especially during homecoming. Many people won't tell you, but it is up to you on whether you will get the best or worst college experience. I enjoyed both years here, and my junior year will be nothing short of amazing.
south Carolina state university is a good school, but lacks to show its full potential. surrounded by a few negative things, and out of date buildings and technology. this school lacks diversity, space, and activities to keep the students out of trouble. these things can be changed if the people of the head of the school and the students put their mind to it.
I honestly love my HBCU. The staff there makes you feel like you're a child of their own. The whole school feels like a family away from home and it's such a good feeling for those who get home sick. I promise you will love it and never look back.
My experience at SCSU for my freshman year has been an eye opener. I say that because as HBCU the connection between the students on campus is remarkable. It’s like one big family. We have multiple group chats to make sure each student is not left out and gets to know one another. Here at SCSU we have study groups and yes there are times we take a little break to have a celebration for a certain event on campus. Overall the students love to work together to come up with new ideas. There’s a bonus about this school too, SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AROUND FOR EACH MAJOR . That way each student has no excuse on not being able to apply for something that doesn’t qualify for them. Personally what needs to be changed about South Carolina State is the cafe employees. Certain ones have bad attitudes like they hate their job.
Based on my experiences at SCSU, i feel as if this is a great college and it is very welcoming to freshmen. I feel like they can change the way the space is on campus because it can seem very cluttered at times. Otherwise, it is a very good school and when i go to college i plan on enrolling into the ROTC Program. As i know, the college has one of the best ROTC Programs in SC. Therefore, SCSU is a great college.
While attending South Carolina State University I have had very little bad experiences. As far as academics, SCSU has proven they have one of the top Criminal Justice Programs. The staff here are always welcoming and willing to help with anything. SC State curriculum requires us to participate in internships (field experience) before graduating that often lead to good careers.
My experience here at South Carolina State so far has been good, classes is good the professors is cool and good helpful teachers. Campus life and school spirit is good and energetic. I’ve met so many people that live in so many different places, I’ve even met people that live in Charleston, SC with me I just didn’t know them till now. I’ve built so many good relationships here. I like the fact that South Carolina State give you a chance to come an education even if you don’t meet some requirements like for example I didn’t have the act score that they asked for, but they saw my GPA and they let me in. They expect everybody for who they are they don’t judge people.
Great school for a small town. This school is a HBCU. I would consider this school as an open campus. What ever major they don't have is available for you to take that their neighboring school Claflin.
GREAT change food they service cann Tovar lenient at times needn’t need to get noce workers not be close be closeibg cafe so eaely I like how teachers give more access to grades and allow not make up work give multiples chance so we can Ben best abilities
This is a great campus and its very easy to meet new people and make friends. SCSU also has areas on campus where students can relax and have fun. However it is easy to become sidetracked on campus as there is always a party going on somewhere. It is best to come here with a mindset that you wont party until your work is done. Other than that i can say i really like it here. Its a beautiful HBCU with alot of historical value.
Yes i would like to see change at state dealing with our housing. I feel like if we are putting our money into school that our dorms should be better.
SC State University offers the perfect environment and atmosphere to learn and excell all while enjoying the fun student life.
This is my first year here and I've actually grown to like it here. Moving away from home and getting accustomed to your new life is always hard, but here at SC State the school will do whatever they can to make you feel comfortable. The food is good is adequate on good days; but of course if you don't want what's in campus you can go to any of the fast food joints outside of campus. If you are ever bored on campus get out and go meet new people. The people at school are what makes the place so enjoyable. I'm enjoying my time here and hope to graduate from this school.
Start Your Review of South Carolina State University
South Carolina State University is a environment rich with scholastics, diversity, and community based morals. Before becoming a student, I encountered the excitement of a football game at this historically black college. Students, alumnus, and even parents were all there with the same positive energy and enthusiasm. After becoming a student, I was able to fully experience what the university has to offer. The staff and administration work tirelessly to ensure the wellbeing of all their students academically, professionally and even emotionally. The curriculum and field based experiences are all set to better aid students in beginning, continuing, or changing their career. Resources that are offered, such as the career center, help in this process as well. South Carolina State University is definitely a university I would recommend to any student no matter what background they come from.
The cultural experience you will have at South Carolina State University is phenomenal! It’s full of opportunities, diversity, & success, you just have to go out and seek it!
My experience here is great. This the th best schoolto be for anybody that wants to further their education. It’s a lot of opportunities that you can have just by coming here and meeting all types of good people.