South Carolina State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.61 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.62 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.63 responses
Most Popular Majors
Family Studies and Consumer Sciences39 Graduates
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching33 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration28 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services28 Graduates
Business Administration and Management22 Graduates
Speech Language Pathology22 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.89 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.93 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.34 responses
South Carolina State University Reviews
I love attending SC State. The atmosphere is very much like home, but academics and safety are certainly at the forefront of the campuses focus. With the various things to do on campus, it doesn’t seem like there’s much to do off campus. Though that may seem unattractive to some, I think it allows the students to be closer knit with one another and forced us to make connections with people outside of our majors and graduating class. SCSU is the place to be, and with over 30 successfully maintained majors, it can be for anyone that would want to become a Bulldog!
South Carolina State University is a environment rich with scholastics, diversity, and community based morals. Before becoming a student, I encountered the excitement of a football game at this historically black college. Students, alumnus, and even parents were all there with the same positive energy and enthusiasm. After becoming a student, I was able to fully experience what the university has to offer. The staff and administration work tirelessly to ensure the wellbeing of all their students academically, professionally and even emotionally. The curriculum and field based experiences are all set to better aid students in beginning, continuing, or changing their career. Resources that are offered, such as the career center, help in this process as well. South Carolina State University is definitely a university I would recommend to any student no matter what background they come from.
My experience at SCSU for my freshman year has been an eye opener. I say that because as HBCU the connection between the students on campus is remarkable. It’s like one big family. We have multiple group chats to make sure each student is not left out and gets to know one another. Here at SCSU we have study groups and yes there are times we take a little break to have a celebration for a certain event on campus. Overall the students love to work together to come up with new ideas. There’s a bonus about this school too, SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AROUND FOR EACH MAJOR . That way each student has no excuse on not being able to apply for something that doesn’t qualify for them. Personally what needs to be changed about South Carolina State is the cafe employees. Certain ones have bad attitudes like they hate their job.