Slippery Rock University Reviews

1,290 reviews
I made the best decision to come here. They have so many ways to help you grow academically, and SGA sponsors a lot of events on campus to help you de-stress. My professors are amazing, the food is above average for campus food, and the dorms are wonderful!
Great university. Very diverse and accommodating. Professors are professional and helpful as well as the rest of the faculty.
Slippery rock university is a great place to be. Everyone is very helpful and always ask anything you like.
Review Slippery Rock University
It's cheap for a reason. The professors work with what they have but they don't go above and beyond for their students. The campus has nowhere to study past midnight (except your own place). This school is not about academics first. They care more about their appearance.
Slippery Rock is a wonderful university with amazing opportunities. Every staff I came in contact with truly cared about their students and worked hard to help them succeed. The campus is beautiful and ever-improving.
Slippery Rock was my top university when I was looking for a university to attend once I graduated. I got accepted to multiple other colleges; however, Slippery Rock had the top qualities that I was looking for. One quality that was supper important to me was the style of the dorms. The dorms are very nice compared to other colleges and I have never had a problem couldn't be fixed within the residence halls. Another top attribute that made me love Slippery Rock was the vast amount of majors and the dedication that the faculty have with each class they teach. I have loved every single one of my professors that I have come in contact with. All of the faculty, including dining and janitorial, are super friendly. At this time, there is nothing that I would really suggest to the university for improvement.
This is a great school. The education is very hands on. The number of organizations on campus are endless. We have such a green campus too. It's an awesome experience.
It's great. I really love it here. I really believe that this campus feels like home to me. I feel super comfortable here. I never feel threatened or unsafe.
The faculty is drawn to student success and the teaching is effective. However, the amount of credits needed to graduate are a bit higher than expected. More hands on learning and field based teaching should be applied.
Great environment with amazing people. Food is great and dorms are even better. The academic programs are nationally ranked and the teachers actually want to put in their time and effort to help their students.
Slippery Rock University is a fantastic, community based university. The campus is large but not overwhelming and has so much to offer to its students. The school is very involved in the community and vice versa. The town is small but everyone is very nice and it is a very safe and walk-able area. I really enjoy how health conscious the school is too. The recreation center is open to the community and the Equestrian center has programs for children with disabilities. I learn something new here every week about how much the school, faculty, and staff care about their students.
I really enjoy being at Slippery Rock University. The atmosphere is phenomenal, and although the campus is small, it has a lot of great people. The classes are engaging, the people are fun and interesting, and I love being here. Slippery Rock has an amazing education program and that's what I am there for, so I'm extremely excited to continue my education there.
The school is fantastic. Love the academics, the professors are great, the atmosphere is very close knit college.....love this school
Slippery Rock University is a wonderful school if you can handle the long distances from the dorms to classes. The campus is beautiful with trees and different types of flowers and the buildings are kept up very well. Having Starbucks on campus is a real treat and is a necessity during finals week. The campus is located in the small town of slippery rock pa. This is both a good and bad thing. Good because the surrounding area is beautiful and filled with family farms and scenic spaces. Not so good because that means places to shop are few and far between.
Slippery Rock University is a smaller school in Pennsylvania, that has a beautiful campus and teachers that are easy to talk to when problems arise. My experience as an Information Systems major at this school has been great due to cooperative professors who really want you to succeed. In addition to great professors, the dining on campus consists of the dining hall, Boozel, Quaker Steak and Lube, Starbucks, Rocky's, and Weisenfluh. All of the food places on campus can be accessed by students through the meal plans on campus, so anyone that goes here can get a good education while eating well at the same time.
I love the professors. Slippery Rock really knows how to make you feel at home. The campus is kept magnificently clean year round. Emails keep you as a student up to date on any/everything that goes on, on and off campus. The overall friendliness vibe the entire campus gives off makes it very easy to become more comfortable throughout campus. I feel safe walking around campus after hours.
The school has a wide variety of majors to choose from that you may not see at other schools. They do a great job of connecting students with companies after school so you can pursue a career that you desire. That campus is a good size but not too big so don't feel lost. The food selection could expand but is tolerable. The dorms/housing are very nice and give you a wide selection to choose from.
Review Slippery Rock University
To be honest Slippery Rock is such a great school. The environment is friendly and the campus is safe. I feel more at home while I'm at school than I do when I'm in my actual home in Philadelphia.
I like how small my classes are so teachers can actually get to know everyone or know at least everyone's name. Most of my professors are great and interesting but a couple that weren't so great. There is a good variety and some teachers do things differently so it's nice when some classes are taught differently
They have the emergency buttons all around campus