Skidmore College Reviews

My son is now a sophomore and is loving his Skidmore experience!

His first year seminar was amazing as he bonded with his Professor who was also his Advisor. The campus is beautiful during all seasons. The vibe is friendly and the town of Saratoga Springs is friendly!
I love this School! Every single time I visit this school I immediately feel welcomed and invited in. Every single student I interacted with was welcoming and interested in wanting to know me. Furthermore, all of the teachers want their students to do well, which not only improves the student to teacher relationship, but also creates an environment that is warm and inviting. The cherry on top, is the food is amazing as well! The chefs in D-hall love what they do and you can taste that through the food!
Beautiful college with an open & welcoming community feel. Rigorous coursework with professors dedicated to making sure you can meet the challenge.
Start Your Review of Skidmore College
People at Skidmore are generally kind and accepting of others. There's a party scene on the weekends but it's not very big. Football and Greek Life aren't a thing, either. Skid's well suited for someone who wants a well rounded liberal arts education, an intimate student body, and a relaxed campus environment.
I graduated in 1992 and had an amazing time at Skidmore! I made great friends who I still talk to today. The location is perfect - right in Saratoga Springs, an idyllic town full of cute shops. I don't remember much about the academics because I went there so long ago, but I feel like I got a good education overall.
I had some amazing professors, and I found the history and government programs quite rigorous. Other highlights include the on-campus apartments, Zankel performing arts center, the food in the dining hall, Theater Department productions, and Fun Day. I was not a fan of Saratoga Springs, just based on personal preference.
Super awesome !the campus is beautiful!My professor was extremely dedicated and focused.I always felt safe on campus .
Skidmore offers the most wonderful education. For a small liberal arts school, it offers amazing internship opportunities through our career development center, and more than 90% complete at least one internship in their 4 years and more than 80% complete 2. The professors are amazing and students are able to really collaborate with them inside and outside the classroom. And finally it is the inclusiveness and diversity of the student body that makes this place feel like home to me. I’ve never felt more myself in a place in my life than at Skidmore.
A great place to go. Full of privileged white peoples but they could be worse. The professors are intelligent and the classes engaging. Saratoga springs is divine.
Its a pretty good school. Its in a nice town in upstate New York. You should visit if you have the chance!
Skidmore hosts the National College Comedy Festival every year! This is the largest college comedy festival in the nation. Not many people know this and it has been one of the highlights during my time at Skidmore. Another highlight of mine has been the Skidmore Outing Club. This club provides outdoor hiking, climbing, rafting, and backpacking trips every weekend. This allows students to explore the Adirondacks which are literally just outside Saratoga Springs. The school has amazing academics and professors, however, the thing that makes Skidmore special is its students. The school gives a lot of money to its clubs and the students truly create inspiring work. Whether it be tackling social issues, dancing, singing, comedy, or frisbee, the students never fail to share their creativity and dedication. Skidmore truly is an amazing school.
I made great friends here, even with professors. The education is exactly what you'd expect from a great liberal arts college. Lots of resources for students. Saratoga Springs is a beautiful town. I'd live my four years at Skidmore again in a heartbeat.
Skidmore is a small liberal arts college. The class sizes do not typically exceed 30 students. Academics could be challenging but there is always resources to help. The food here is decent and there is always something to do. There is a lot of clubs and events to join.
Current Freshman at Skidmore; It's super easy to make friends here, the dining hall food is better than that of any of my friends or family's colleges, and you can find a way to do pretty much anything that interests you here. If you don't want to be bored, you won't be; there are more events every year at Skidmore than there are students, so there's always something interesting going on. As for the party scene, it is what you make of it, as long as you aren't seeking out frat party ragers, since there is no greek life. There are 2 or 3 clubs in downtown Saratoga springs which are filled with Skidmore students on the weekends, and a bunch of the student groups host regular parties (Mainly the athletic teams, the theatre kids, and one or two of the bigger acapella groups). Also, although we are officially a smoke free campus, there's a reason we used to be rated the #1 weed school in the country, and I have no reason to think that the smoking culture is really ever going to go away.
all the professors are amazing and genuinely care about their course and students. party life is atrocious. if you're not on a sports team you never go to parties and when you do they're kinda lame and not a lot of people go.
Save your money and go somewhere else. I'm going into my senior year and I can honestly say this school has irreversibly damaged my mental health & destroyed my passion for my major (art). Students are cruel, cliquey, and immature- so you need to have an "in" if you want to be a part of the community at all and not end up socially isolated for 4 years like me. Party scene is non-existent because all people want to do is sit around in their room and get f'd up on hard drugs. Professors treat you like you're in middle school because the small class size lets them monitor you CONSTANTLY, and they take full advantage of it to feed some gross power fetish. I'm a hard worker but my grades have suffered because there aren't enough hours in the day to finish even the standard 4 class per semester workload. I stuck around thinking things would get better but they didn't and now I'm haunted by the fact that I didn't transfer before it was too late.
I graduated in May 2017 and I can say with confidence that Skidmore set me up for a successful life and a career after college. The class sizes were intimate and the professors were challenging, but incredibly supportive. The campus is beautiful and the overall atmosphere is welcoming.
Start Your Review of Skidmore College
Skidmore is a creative and welcoming place that helps you to figure out both who you are and what you want to do.
When I visited, I found the experience very different than most colleges. The atmosphere was very welcoming. As a small school, I felt at home as soon as I got accepted.
So far so good, I'm now in second semester of the first year and I still am liking it, so I must be doing something right.