Simmons College Reviews

I love the academics there and almost all of my professors that I had. The only thing I find a bit difficult to adjust to is the culture because although there is some diversity, some races tend to mix within their selves.
Simmons has been great to me so far, great location, faculty, students and academics. The women centered atmosphere is incredible and I can't recommend it enough.
I like all of the on-boarding help you get with your student and academic advisors, however it would be nice if they disclosed things such as if you enter into the RN-MSN program you will not receive your BSN diploma during the program even though you have completed the required course work.
Start Your Review of Simmons College
Simmons college is a fun and exciting campus! A big bonus of Simmons is how inclusive that they are. There is always an activity, club, or organization for each and every student from all walks of life. It is also a totally pressure free campus meaning that you can be free to be whoever you are.
It has been a rough ride they promote simmons as a diverse and inclusive place but that is a lie. They assign you to a PLAN and the one I got seriously screwed me over. I have considered transferring.
I do not attend Simmons, but I got accepted there. Simmons is a phenomenal school and has plenty of opportunities for its students.
Simmons has been an excellent experience. I am taking grad classes online and the professors are easy to communicate with when help is needed. I feel like I am learning a lot in my degree area because their lessons are designed to provide a type of learning that is hands-on.
Simmons prides itself on Diversity, although there is very little at the actual school. Professors are typically very available, and seem to care a lot about the students. It feels like a very safe environment, and is in a really great location.
The school is so frustrating if you are a student of color. The air reeks of white feminism. Furthermore, the administration does not actually care about the student body. Drinan is more concerned about padding her pockets with our money than with improving day to day life for the students. And don't get me started about the state of the campus facilities. Disappointing
I love my time at Simmons. Classes were small and professors cared. Dorm life was great. I’ve made friends for life and I graduated with a great job.
The Nursing@Simmons program is, by no means easy. Do not make the mistake of thinking there will be an easy road because it's online. I would rather work hard and pass the board 1st time out than to coast through and get all A's but struggle to enter the profession due to inability to pass boards.

The professors are responsive to questions (for the most part). Make sure you ask all the questions BEFORE entering the program! It is EXPENSIVE. But I don't regret the investment!
The online Nursing program is outstanding. Great professor's and curriculum. Great program with clinical placememt for Family Nurse Practitioner students.
Simmons students were rated the 3rd least happy in the U.S. The academics are rigorous which is amazing but you'll also want to pull your hair out and cry. The administrative side of things is awful. You might be wondering why you would care. Let me give a few examples: Have a question about financials? Good luck! Financial services gives you 2 advisors who either pass you back and forth between each other or quit and pass you off to some random person in the office who will also not work there in a few months. Or lets say you moved off campus but want to be a resident again. The Reslife office will make a last minute change to the application process and ask you to apply without being able to tell you anything about how or even if you'll be eligible for housing. Overall, its a lot of money to pay to be constantly screwed over by an administration that doesn't ask for or listen to student or faculty input.
They do have many activities in the college but it is really not enough but the professors are really good and are happy to help.
I love being a part of a women centered college! Simmons is a wonderful place for people who want small classes with lots of participation. The service learning projects give you the chance to do things in the Boston community that can be applied to future jobs and give you wonderful experiences. It is a small school so that limits some of what is available but the Colleges of the Fenway partnership of the colleges in the area gives students plenty of classes and activities to do right around the corner. You also can not beat the location, right in the heart of Fenway you have a wonderful area surrounding the school. As well as the T to get you any where else you might want to go.
I had some struggles with some areas of this school. I have significant amount of trouble with the office of disabilities, which one would think should be better. They where not helpful at all when I had mobility issues and where very rude and not understanding about a severe anxiety issue. Other than that, I love the school spirit and campus activities office.
The OSLA office at Simmons does a good job of working with their budget to provide students with activities and treats at the beginning and end of the semester. They also plan events to try and get their students involved. However, one thing that was very disappointing was how they made it sound like there were tons of clubs, but I came to realize that the majority were for LGBTQ, POC, and religious people. While I support these and think its great especially because there isn't a large POC population at simmons, there aren't a ton of options for me. In addition, the staff is very unaccommodating, has been known to not give help for students with disabilities, and advisors are just teachers that have no experience with advising and do not care to help, often not responding to your emails or concerns.
Start Your Review of Simmons College
It's not as bad as people think, but it definitely seems to be quite unique when compared to the college experiences of my friends from home. Being a women-centered college in the middle of a major city is pretty cool, because the academic environment is completely unique but I have the opportunity to meet people from all the other near by colleges.
Simmons is a great school academically. There is a lack of diversity however in the community, but there is a strong sense of kinship between people of color on campus. The food is ok and the dining system is in the middle of changes, making it harder for some to eat on the academic campus. The resident campus looks very nice, however the dorm rooms are very small. The staff on the resident dining hall is fantastic.
I would like to see better exam prep for my course of study, but I like the way our online program is set up. Student support is the best thing about the online program