Sierra Nevada College Reviews

My review for SNC is ONLY for the Interdisciplinary Program. I also got a business degree but was extremely disappointed with the teachers and classes in that program. The business program is easy and doesn't require a lot of work/effort; this is why it is the most 'sought out for' degree by SNC students. However, I will always speak highly of the Interdisciplinary program. The teachers are incredible and are there for you on an educational and mental level. You are required to do an internship, community-based project, research project, fundraising event, and numerous research papers to graduate from that program. To most of the SNC population that is a turn-off because it is a lot of work. However, for me, I graduated with a well-seasoned resume and had real-world experience that helped me land jobs even while I was in school and gave me enough confidence to start my own company. I HIGHLY suggest going into the interdisciplinary program.
Transferring to Sierra Nevada College was the best decision I've ever made. The location is one-of-a kind and the education is top-notch. SNC professors are brilliant and all have professional experience in their field of choice. Getting internships and job opportunities is extremely easy, especially by networking through the connections the school already has. Scholarships make this school very affordable. I cannot recommend Sierra Nevada College enough!
The class sizes are great. I'm a transfer and at my previous school I felt like I wasn't viewed as anything more than my ID number. At SNC the great outdoors is at your fingertips and Tahoe has such a great community with friendly people.
Start Your Review of Sierra Nevada College
Great school that is actually IN the mountains. The closest ski resort is two minuets away and the spectacular lake is only a five minute walk! If your looking to go to college, but don't want to give up your outdoor lifestyle, come to SNC. The college is action sport oriented and has a great freestyle and alpine ski team! The professors are hands on and very accredited. The only criticism I have is that the dorm food could be substantially better. Overall, this school is a hidden gem. Would highly recommend.
Right in the mountains, less than a 2 minute drive from the nearest ski resort and over 6 resorts less than an hour away! Professors have loads of real world experience so my education feels very applicable to a future career. Small classes (10-20 students) make it easy to connect with professors to get the most out of course material. Plus, Lake Tahoe is less than a 5 minute walk away...you can't really beat that!
Sierra Nevada College completely changed my life. It gave me the opportunity to ski as well as double major within business. I never thought I'd be able to live in a place like this and do what I love the most!
SNC is extremely small and everyone knows everyone. Academics are hit or miss. I have taken classes here where the professors don't seem to know the material themselves and I've taken great classes here with professors who have legitimate real world experience. Location is great, social life is extremely lackluster. Most kids seem very unmotivated/don't care about their education. If all you really want to do is ski 100+ days a year this school is for you.
Amazing school for skiers/snowboarders. The campus is small but offers one on one education with your professors. The only downside is the high cost and the school's food.
the campus is beautiful and well-kept. Dorm life is good, their are a multitude of events for students to take part in. The cafeteria is the only part of SNC that is a real issue and causing more stress for students because when the food is so unappealing and monotone that they can't eat it the students must go shopping and spend money on an already tight budget, even though cafeteria food has already been charged to our student account and paid for by the beginning of the semester.
Safety is great, no reason to feel afraid or unsafe. The health is good too, maintenance cleans everyday the common area(s) and classrooms. the health in the cafeteria isn't the best, just speaking on food quality.
Housing isn't too spacious if in a double. Even though I am in a double, all triple furniture is still in my room. The school refuses to remove it. Also no mini fridges or microwaves are available anymore for rent in the semester so they leave the students left to another expensive cost.
I love the athletics department in the sense that they advertise well for games/ meets. Also joining a team is easy because sign ups are all over the place.
SNC has one expensive meal plan, for horrible food. The dorms are expensive for the quality. But the classes have been great and most of my professors are passionate and want to help the students do their best. if the cafeteria would completely change the menu and make healthy, hearty and a variety of meals SNC would be so much better.
I've enjoyed all the professors that I've had and they all want to be apart of their student's success.
The faculty is very helpful if a student wants to find a job or internship. I haven't heard any complaints.
I haven't heard or seen anything bad happen on this campus.
The gym isn't on campus for athletes to work out at, but the gym we do go to is of very high quality. A lot of students here are athletes, so it's a fun environment. Everyone likes to be involved in something.
Start Your Review of Sierra Nevada College
I think this is a great college! It's small enough to where students can get help from their actual teachers. The faculty is very involved in student success.
Small classes and the beautiful environment surround the school is hands down the best things to have when going to college
The school is a fantastic place for a student looking for a very specific education. The professors are exemplary and the classes are great.