Sierra College Reviews

I thought the campus was nice and open, but I would like to see more interactions with the students. I feel like no one wants to get to know each other.
Sierra College has been the best decision I’ve made involving my future. It isn’t very expensive and the teachers are wonderful, making my experience choosing a major simple and relatively stress free. I use RateMyProfessor and have had some of the best professors I probably ever will. Sierra offers lots of clubs as well, and has a decent sports program. I’ve never been into the party scene so I couldn’t be of any help in that arena. The surrounding area, Rocklin, has lots of great places to eat and shop.
It's a very nice, well kept college. I would like to see more activities on campus though that get the students more involved with each other.
Start Your Review of Sierra College
Great school with great teachers. I went there and received my AS and loved it. I recommend attending here and then transferring to a 4 year.
I attended Sierra College for 5 Years and had an amazing growing experience. Being a first generation student, I started off not knowing what to do. With the help of my Counselor Dr. Ortega he guided me into the right direction and now I am starting Nursing School in the Fall. Sierra College has several clubs of different interests and Ethnic backgrounds. They also have programs to help students out financially, mentally and physically throughout your College experience. I never felts lost or misguided at Sierra College and I recommend this school to everyone!
Sierra college is a wonderful campus to be on. Everyone from staff to your fellow peers. Sierra college provides all the tools you need in order to succeed from things like tutoring and like said before friendly staff that want to see you grow as a student.
Sierra College is listed as Northern California's highest ranked community college for many reasons. Personally, I think the quality of the professors is the most important. They create UC level classes and ensure you get top notch education. Additionally, they all are available to help you succeed and want to help in any way they can. Another important reason Sierra College will rock your socks is the plethora of opportunities offered. From internships, high paying job connections, clubs, services, and other extracurricular activities Sierra College will help you grow in many aspects and ensures there is a place for everyone. The quality education available at Sierra College and the many opportunities are what enabled my acceptance to now transfer to Cal Berkeley. I highly recommend this school to anybody and everybody!
This is a great college. I really like the campus. I have been here for a few years and the classes all have gone smooth. The classes are structured well.
Sierra College is a great campus to get a start on your education. The campus is beautiful with a rich history of graduates with diverse backgrounds and learning experiences. I'm so glad I have an opportunity to learn here.
Though I attend the Nevada County Sierra College Campus and it is much smaller than the main campus, it's such a charming little place. By being engaged on campus I've met so many people and had so many wonderful opportunities presented to me.
It is a great school with friendly staff and you should always go to ratemyprofessor.com to check out good your professors are too
Very much a commuter school, you could go your whole semester without talking to anyone. The people I have gotten to know however are all very friendly. The professors are alright.. you have to look at ratemyprofessor . com before choosing otherwise you’ll probably get stuck with an awful prof. I don’t recommend listening to the counselors they don’t know what they’re doing most of the time, it’s best to figure out your pathway by going on the catalog online and seeing what classes are required for your major and for the CSUs or UCs (if you plan on transferring). Almost everyone here is transferring to sac state. The campus itself is very beautiful and well kept but parking is awful. For any class at 11am-3pm it is VERY hard to find parking. I recommend taking morning classes or getting there 1-2 hours early and studying in your car. Overall, I have enjoyed my time here but it is definitely not the “college experience” due to it being very much a commuter school.
Amazing school with amazing professors. Love the environment and the teaching method is outstanding.
It has a very nice atmosphere. Most of the students are young but everyone seems friendly. School events such as club day are great for walking around, meeting people and finding new intrests.
I really enjoy the campus and the atmosphere on campus. At this school there are plenty of opportunities for the interests of the students here. The professors are great. Most of the professors I have had, I have loved and each class here has inspired more interest as well of knowledge in the subject area for that class.
The school is very active in making college as easy as a process for students. Plenty of things to do and in a very good are.
I started attending Sierra College the fall after my high school graduation, and had major doubts about it since it was a community college. But to my surprise, my first semester was actually pretty great! I got a bunch of great teachers who seemed very passionate and interested in the course they were teaching. The campus is a decent size, not small and yet not crazy huge, so it's relatively easy getting to classes on time. The grounds are well kept too! During my first semester I would often sit on the grass under a tree working on assignments or eating my lunch. I never really felt uncomfortable either, everyone is either minding their own business or many are looking to make friends. The library is my favorite place on campus. Sierra college in Rocklin would be my number one recommendation to students who are unsure of where to start, or if they are in a situation of money insecurity. It's a great place to figure out your future!
Start Your Review of Sierra College
I had to move after my first semester at Sierra and I preferred the 1 hour and 30 minute drive because that’s how much I enjoyed this school. I love that they offer on campus housing even if they’re a community college, unfortunately I wasn’t able to pay for it, since they are overpriced. The professors were helpful, my counselor from TRiO helped me out so much with exploring universities and careers, and making sure I was taking all the right classes to transfer as soon as possible. The students are really friendly and it’s easy to form study groups. The cafeteria had a wide variety of delicious food. There is also a nature trail behind the school which is convenient when you need to distract your mind or even go on a jog. The parking passes were affordable and there are parking lots all around the school. I really wish this was a university because I would’ve loved to finish my undergraduate and graduate studies here.
I really enjoy Sierra College! All the staff is very helpful in making sure you succeed and are able to reach your goals! The smaller classes allow the student to get more one on one help with the professor. A lot of opportunity comes from Sierra College.
So far I have been enjoying my first collleg experience at Sierra College! For me it has been a perfect place to start out, and get a start of the college experience without being to overwhelmed from it.